Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I still think he'll stay, especially after the comments from his fatha. He always wanted to come here, even when it was looking pretty obvious which way we were headed, he's now playing under Rafa Benitez and has an opportunity to be an integral part of a pretty fucking special rebuilding process.

Or he has the opportunity to go and play for Alan fucking Pardew at Crystal fucking Palace. Not necessarily be guaranteed a game with Bolasie and Zaha loved down there (although Bolasie may be off, if not now - but defo January when the trap door is opening wide) and most likely say bye and hi as we pass Palace on the way back up.

There is every prospect that Crystal Palace could force NUFC to allow Townsend to discuss terms by making a formal offer that meets a buy-out clause, but then Townsend's only words to Pardew are "fark orf!"

Quite plausible that the media information is coming from Pardews big mouth and that Townsend himself hasn't decided yet.

yeah but its also likely they wouldn't be activating the clause unless they were reasonably confident he would come, probably spoken to him or his agent informally

Would love him to stay but losing a couple of our best players was always likely.

Was hoping/assuming "the couple of best players" would be Sissoko and Wijnaldum. It would be a kick in the teeth if Townsend, who was training with Spurs juniors when we signed him, jumped ship at the first available opportunity to a relegation threatened club with a fu*kwit of a bloke managing them.

He signed for us when we were in the relegation zone with little hope of getting out of it under clueless McClaren so I'd like to think that he is looking at the bigger picture and realises how much he could develop as a player under Benitez compared to Pardew. Of course Palace could comfortably afford to double his wages and if that's his main motivation then he'll be away.

Such a stupid move from him if he goes.

Yip, if anything he would be best waiting to see if an Everton or Southampton come in for him. No need to panic just yet and he will realise Pardew is bad aids after the first week.

Hearing he's definitely gone. Bye then mate.

Where from?

The voices in my head. Nah, he's gone though.

My opinion is if he travels he's gone, otherwise he would just instruct his agent to kindly decline the offer. If he's pictured in London I'll take it he's off