Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's clearly something in this. Too many journos reporting it and there's no smoke without fire.

Why aren't we looking at signing him permanently now? Think that's the question most of us want the answer to.

Money? Looks like we do only have the first installment of the Sissoko fee + whatever was left from the summer.... unless we can get someone moved on, and off the wage bill (Tiote?)

Promotion? Still far from certain with half the season to play. A player like Townsend would help. But still a risk that we don't go up... and there may not be a sell on clause this time, and we'd be stuck with him and his (undoubtedly) high wages.

I do hope it happens, but can see why we probably want to try and loan him (with a view to the summer) first.

Ed Aarons ‏@ed_aarons  6m6 minutes ago

Newcastle pushing for Andros Townsend loan, could see Boro's Stewart Downing move to Palace on loan #nufc #cpfc #boro

Swapping Townsend for Downing? Mental.

Newcastle pushing for Andros Townsend loan, could see Boro's Stewart Downing move to Palace on loan #nufc #cpfc #boro

Swapping Townsend for Downing? Mental.

Think Fat Sam had him at West Ham.

Do find this a strange move for all parties, but obviously he will improve us significantly so fair enough.

It's not strange at all if you are of the opinion that it was a daft move to go to Palace in the first place. We resurrected his international career and gave him a stage to do his stuff. If he's finally realised that then at least it shows he's not completely brain dead.

More worrying is that we are supposedly pissing about with the loan option. Again, I hope that's not true because you don't hire a manager like Rafa and then start penny pinching.

Hehe, that works for me, like.

Palace get a replacement till the summer (and someone Sham knows/likes?), then if/when we (hopefully) go up they get their £££ for Townsend.

Everyones a winner!

Townsend comes in and he's at worst the 3rd best player in the team.  The second best attacker in the team.

We aren't Liverpool or Manchester United.  We get relegated and any PL team could take our best players.  No hard feelings.

It's not often you write a post that isn't full of shit, but this is definitely one of them.

Agree with that in full.

Cunt never learns if it's true he's refusing to release funds until we're back in the prem.

We spent a lot of money on squad & backup players in the summer, now we can't afford first teamers who'll make a difference in the title race.

I think funds will be released for the right deal, but I don't think the club is particularly trying to find that deal, more waiting for it to land at their doorsteps and have a nibble.

Do find this a strange move for all parties, but obviously he will improve us significantly so fair enough.

It's not strange at all if you are of the opinion that it was a daft move to go to Palace in the first place. We resurrected his international career and gave him a stage to do his stuff. If he's finally realised that then at least it shows he's not completely brain dead.

More worrying is that we are supposedly pissing about with the loan option. Again, I hope that's not true because you don't hire a manager like Rafa and then start penny pinching.

Couldn't he get a move to another PL team though?

c*** never learns if it's true he's refusing to release funds until we're back in the prem.

We spent a lot of money on squad & backup players in the summer, now we can't afford first teamers who'll make a difference in the title race.

I think funds will be released for the right deal, but I don't think the club is particularly trying to find that deal, more waiting for it to land at their doorsteps and have a nibble.

We didn't spend a lot in the summer though. We made a £30 mil profit !!

c*** never learns if it's true he's refusing to release funds until we're back in the prem.

It's not as simple as that though, we've been relegated and taking huge losses on income while outcome stays the same. When you factor we sell in instalments and buy up front, signing on fees, player % of sales etc...it's clearly not £30m profit.

It's not as simple as that though, we've been relegated and taking huge losses on income while outcome stays the same. When you factor we sell in instalments and buy up front, signing on fees, player % of sales etc...it's clearly not £30m profit.

How much did we get in parachute payments ?

The loss come into play until the end of this season though right? Even then, the first parachute payment isn't a million miles from what we'd have got last year (I think). Clearly therell be a loss in other revenue but if we go back up first time I'm sure the hit isn't too bad. Or I might be talking shite.

How much did we get in parachute payments ?

(I believe) About a third of what we'd get in the prem...so around £30m compared to £90m for finishing last.

So we need to find £60m to break even, £30m if you include the other £30m Ashley just put in to service the club.