Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My mate who's a massive QPR fan said he was brilliant for them...

"Have to say it as I see it with Townsend.When on loan with us he was superb.Non stop energy, can pick a pass & a good finisher.I hope he is a great buy for you.I think he'll do well at the Toon"

He scored twice for them.

My mate who's a massive QPR fan said he was brilliant for them...

"Have to say it as I see it with Townsend.When on loan with us he was superb.Non stop energy, can pick a pass & a good finisher.I hope he is a great buy for you.I think he'll do well at the Toon"

He scored twice for them.

He clearly isn't a very good finisher :lol:  It seems we may  be lucky to get a single goal out of him before we're relegated.

Neesy asked me earlier what I thought I broke it down simply...

Pros

He's faster than anything we've got currently. He's more direct than anything we've got. He's got a better long range shot on him than anything we've got (both feet iirc). He's got something to prove and he wants to play for us.

Cons

It's a lot of money but I don't think that matters as much these days. There's questions about his footballing intelligence.

Guest Howaythetoon

He came on for Spurs against Liverpool a few months back and turned their full-back inside out in the space of 10 minutes or so and was a direct goal threat.

Neesy asked me earlier what I thought I broke it down simply...

Pros

He's faster than anything we've got currently. He's more direct than anything we've got. He's got a better long range shot on him than anything we've got (both feet iirc). He's got something to prove and he wants to play for us.

Cons

It's a lot of money but I don't think that matters as much these days. There's questions about his footballing intelligence. and he doesn't seem to score many goals despite taking a truck load of shots - this also brings into question your pro about having a decent long ranged shot.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its not really a lot of money like. He's not worth it of course, but in terms of what we haven't spent since MA bought us, what the club gets from Sky etc. and what other clubs spend, its fuck all really. Remember we sold a crocked Kieron Dyer for 8m and championship players are going for 8m +

I think he could do very well here and welcome his signing.

He came on for Spurs against Liverpool a few months back and turned their full-back inside out in the space of 10 minutes or so and was a direct goal threat.

Surprised you've never mentioned this before.

Guest palnese

Surprised you've never mentioned this before.

:lol:

He's going to be a pleasant surprise for us. Looking forward to it.

All these stats are not based off of consistent play, which he'll get at Newcastle.

He'll be good. It's going to make a huge difference for him.

Guest firetotheworks

All these stats are not based off of consistent play, which he'll get at Newcastle.

Confirmation that he's going to be a bouquet of dicks.

We've got people in one thread defending Sissoko's stats and in here Townsend is getting slaughtered. Stats are bollocks.

Tbh I'm not a massive Townsend fan but the chronic negativity is over the top. Hope to god he turns up in his first match or the Internet will be unbearable.

His stats really arent that bad for last season when you take into account how many minutes he actually played. Hes not had a consistant run in that spurs team & when hes played a normal amount of minutes hes done alright.

Really hope this just gets done by tomorrow night. Not out of any burning desire to see him in black and white, but just to put an end to it. If we don't sign anyone else, having spent the entire month trying to pull this off, it'll be a bit of a joke.

Spurs is an awful team to play for if your a young midfielder

Aye that Ali kid is really struggling.

Bentaleb in then out. Mason in then out. Only really Eriksen has consistently a place over the last few years cos they buy so many. Capoue and Stambouli never got a chance, Dembele was hardly involved for ages.

Confirmation that he's going to be a bouquet of dicks.

Very clever.

I really do feel he'll be an exciting addition, sorry.

The balance of the team is going to look so much better with his pace and directness on the left.

Our counters are going to be frightening with him, Sissoko and Gini pelting forward.

As bad as Obertan is, even he was occasionally a threat when he actually looked to go at people and get forward. Obviously that was once in every 50 times he touched the ball, which was just weird.

Let's see. Think those who like the move will have the last laugh.

Yes, he didn't play much for Spurs, but Spurs have been blessed with so many good attacking midfielders for so long, and it's always easier to overlook the kid coming through who needs more game time to work out the kinks in their game.

I mean Spurs ditched Etienne Capoue and look at him at Watford. He's been quality. Hardly got a look in at Tottenham for some reason. Not the exact same kind of player or situation, but bet they'd have him back now.

We've got people in one thread defending Sissoko's stats and in here Townsend is getting slaughtered. Stats are bollocks.

Tbh I'm not a massive Townsend fan but the chronic negativity is over the top. Hope to god he turns up in his first match or the Internet will be unbearable.

Is it really? I mean, we're in the relegation zone at the end of January after nearly going down last year, we've got arguably the biggest cunt of an owner in the league, an MD who is so far out of his depth it's ridiculous, we replaced an utter joke of a manager with a Championship failure and now we seem to putting our survival eggs in a basket of a player who has barely played first team football this season.

Suppose things could be worse though.