Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now spent over £30 trying to replace a much, much better player who apparently wasn't good enough and we gave away for nothing. Lovely stuff.

People keep saying this. He wasn't released because he wasn't good enough. Nobody genuinely believes that. He was released because he fell out with the manager and influential members of the squad - like he did at previous clubs. This is no James Milner situation where people felt he genuinely wasn't good enough.

The situation of his departure makes no difference to how monumentally stupid a decision it was - so no wonder people bring it up.

But the situation is the reason he left. If a player falls out with a manager and influential members of any squad - he's not going to remain at that club.

Those players were out shittiest backing up our shittiest manager, not a surprise as a proper manager would have kicked them straight out for being shit. Colo, Willo, Shola. We kept those piles of shit and boss piss lips and got rid of a natural talent that comes along very rarely.

God we're such a tragic mess of a club.

The level of negativity on this board has reached an embarrassing level to be honest and just completely wears you down, how do you lot cope reading this shite every day?

The same brigade were out in force when Shelvey was announced, one decent debut later and all of a sudden he's a decent addition? [emoji38] Seriously guys, while Townsend might not be Ben Arfa, he's a damn sight better than the other options we have in wide areas.

I keep an eye out for the latest news on here but rarely post, half the board are fucking bi polar.

I rarely post on here but browse the forum from time to time. I have to agree, some of the tripe people post on here is laughable.

Why don't you both fuck off then?

:lol:

It's not essential but I like this signing, but I think we'd all be pissed off if it meant no striker arriving. I just hope to hell we get one in too, and a shit hot one at that.

"As soon as I knew of Newcastle's interest they were the only club I wanted to join.

"Two of the biggest positions you can play in football are centre forward or left winger. I've got the chance to play one of those - I could never turn that down.

"I can't wait to play my first game at St James' Park, I'm excited!"

He'll have a point to prove, seeing as this is his 1st permanent transfer, fingers crossed.

:lol: we're fucked if McClaren's rolling him out as a center forward

He's got pace, can beat a man and likes a pop at goal, and as long as he has a functioning brain unlike Obertan, he should be quite good for us imo.

Was asking a mate who's a Spurs fan about him... says he can be a decent player on his day, but he can't cross a ball.

Great... just what you need in a winger.

He's got pace, can beat a man and likes a pop at goal, and as long as he has a functioning brain unlike Obertan, he should be quite good for us imo.

Was asking a mate who's a Spurs fan about him... says he can be a decent player on his day, but he can't cross a ball.

If that turns out to be true then McClaren will be sacked before the summer's out.

If that turns out to be true then McClaren will be sacked before the summer's out.

We don't sack managers anymore

My boss is a Tottenham fan and rates him but thinks he needs a good run in a side, i like him if i'm honest.

Not being able to cross will mean he'll fit right in though  :lol:

Nowt more frustrating in football than a winger who can't cross for shit  :rant: our only decent crosser of the ball is Janmaat ffs.

I was looking at a couple of Spurs forums last week and it's not the impression I got tbh. There seemed to be an opinion that he had lots of ability but his decision making wasn't the best. Jonas and Obertan in comparison just can't cross the ball full stop.

have to assume he's going to play on the left so who knows what he's going to be like, every time i've seen him he's been on the right cutting in and shooting (as has been oft said in here)

to be honest if he can beat a man and carry the ball to give us something similar to sissoko on the other side it'll open up a lot of the pitch regardless of how good his crossing is