Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we don't get a striker Perez should be up front and Mitrovic dropped

Aye, buy Townsend to get crosses into the box and bench Mitrovic. That sounds smart.

Townsend isn't a great crosser and Mitro attacks very few crosses anyway so far

Aye, buy Townsend to get crosses into the box and bench Mitrovic. That sounds smart.

He will get a lot more crosses into the box than what we have done earlier in the season. And Mitrovic should be the man in the middle, not Perez.

He will get a lot more crosses into the box than what we have done earlier in the season. And Mitrovic should be the man in the middle, not Perez.

Perez will score more goals IMO. It doesn't matter how well Mitro does outside the box when he hasn't scored bar a penalty for 9 games

Perez will score more goals IMO. It doesn't matter how well Mitro does outside the box when he hasn't scored bar a penalty for 9 games

Perez has started 15 games, scored 5 goals. Mitro has started 15 games, scored 4 goals. Now that we hopefully get more crosses into the box Mitrovic has to play imo.

Perez upfront by himself sounds absolutely tragic unless Townsend and Sissoko are playing in disgustingly advanced roles. If he plays up top it should probably be on the last man with Mitrovic just behind.

It won't really be by himself. Wijnaldum will be up there near him and Sissoko and Townsend on the wings supporting as well.

Perez has started 15 games, scored 5 goals. Mitro has started 15 games, scored 4 goals. Now that we hopefully get more crosses into the box Mitrovic has to play imo.

One of Mitro's was a penalty so can be discounted. Mitro has played up front in all his games, Perez has never played as advanced as Mitro and has been moved around a lot. Don't know why we need to get more crosses in anyway given that it's our only form of attack as it stands. Mitro's movement to get on the end of crosses is poor anyway so far

We've struggled to close the gap between our Midfield and attack this season though, I don't think Perez ahead of Mitrovic really solves it, maybe even makes it worse. Fuck knows, I wouldn't mind seeing it actually, I just don't think it would work. He's far better in front of goal at the minute.

Panic buy

:lol: We've been chasing him for the last 3 weeks!

:lol: Aye because we're going to get relegated.

Fairly good reason to start panicking if you ask me.

I just find it funny that someone would laugh at the idea of this being a panic buy when it blatantly is.

Of course it is. All the signings all based on the threat of relegation, exactly the same as when Sissoko etc were brought in. It's a panic month :lol:

Panic buy

:lol: We've been chasing him for the last 3 weeks!

:lol: Aye because we're going to get relegated.

Fairly good reason to start panicking if you ask me.

I just find it funny that someone would laugh at the idea of this being a panic buy when it blatantly is.

Of course it is. All the signings all based on the threat of relegation, exactly the same as when Sissoko etc were brought in. It's a panic month :lol:

Sissoko was going to be brought in anyway, we just had to bring it forward a few months to avoid relegation. But he was one for the future. Not so sure about Townsend, I doubt we would have been looking at him unless we were in relegation bother.

Don't get the huge negativity regarding this signing, admittedly he's been hit and miss for Spurs but I think it's a huge upgrade on our current options for left wing. He has a point to prove and wants to make the England squad for the Euros. 

From what I've seen of him he's quick, can score, can use both feet and is very direct.... not many of current squad have those attributes. Not saying's he's going to be the next Ben Arfa or the solution to all our problems but I do think he will improve the team.

My mate who's a massive QPR fan said he was brilliant for them...

"Have to say it as I see it with Townsend.When on loan with us he was superb.Non stop energy, can pick a pass & a good finisher.I hope he is a great buy for you.I think he'll do well at the Toon"

My mate who's a massive QPR fan said he was brilliant for them...

"Have to say it as I see it with Townsend.When on loan with us he was superb.Non stop energy, can pick a pass & a good finisher.I hope he is a great buy for you.I think he'll do well at the Toon"

That's more encouraging than all of the comments I've heard from Spurs fans. Hope he's not expecting time to settle in with us though...