C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

You cannot blame him for leaving man  [emoji38] He will get plenty of game time under Pardew in the top flight, surely that is what is best for his career.

Yep

Enough of this shit - he would have played many games here too.

The least he could have done was to wait until January and then reassess. But no, instead he prefered to fuck off back to London at the earliest opportunity.

There's still not a lot between Palace in the PL and NUFC in the championship - Rafa would tell you!

He won't get in the England squad playing in the Championship

How do you know?

I'm sure Buffon played for Italy when Juve were in Serie B. (Irrelevant of respective ability and reputation)

Name the last England player to get a cap while playing in the second tier.

Also your Buffon example is nothing like this scenario

David Nugent.

Give over man  :lol: I am sure he would have been happy to stay here, but he was given an offer of top flight football and a regular starting place. He has no ties to Newcastle and probably more ties to London, of course he was going to take it.

Again... a load of f***ing s****.

If London was really that important to him, then should never have moved here in the first place. However, as there was something in it for him (first team football), he was happy to come. He was rotting in the Tottenham reserves and experiencing difficult working relationship with the management staff before he came here.

Effectively, in his short spell here, he got his career back on track leaving behind the club that helped him.

f***. Off. Simple as that.

We have sold the club as a stepping stone to a lot of players, you cant be surprised when they use it as one.

Stepping stone to the likes of Palace? :lol:

It's fucking nuts like. :lol:

It's disappointing but at the end of the day fans just need to get their heads round it, Townsend turned out to be a small time arsehole. In the end probably best for everyone all round he's back where he belongs - a shitty little club run by the worst manager in England's entire history as a nation. And the biggest cunt.

You cannot blame him for leaving man  [emoji38] He will get plenty of game time under Pardew in the top flight, surely that is what is best for his career.

Yep

The least he could have done was to wait until January and then reassess. But no, instead he prefered to fuck off back to London at the earliest opportunity.

There's still not a lot between Palace in the PL and NUFC in the championship - Rafa would tell you!

How do you know?

I'm sure Buffon played for Italy when Juve were in Serie B. (Irrelevant of respective ability and reputation)

The reason lower league players don't get called up for their national teams is because they are not good enough. If Townsend performs in the Championship, having already proved himself for England (to some capacity of course) and in the PL, then he would have been called up.

Therefore, it definitely is like the Buffon scenario.

I doubt he would have. Championship players are generally forgotten about when it comes to England squads. Especially under a new manager who hasn't seen him playing for one of his teams before. It's not like the Buffon situation at all, Buffon had just won the World Cup and probably had about 50 or 60 caps at the time. Townsend is a fringe player

Look at it from his perspective. He is not a Newcastle supporter and we have just been relegated to the championship and been run like a joke for the past 8 years or so. As a professional he wants to play in the top flight, yes Palace are nothing special, but it is better for his career than dropping down a division. Also the entire country does not hate Pardew like we do, in fact the media fucking love him. I would probably have left as well in his situation.

Guest Howaythetoon

He can go and fuck himself, his decision to leave smacks of absolute stupidness and zero loyalty. I hope he gets pardewed so badly he becomes the poster boy of pardewed.

Yep

How do you know?

The reason lower league players don't get called up for their national teams is because they are not good enough. If Townsend performs in the Championship, having already proved himself for England (to some capacity of course) and in the PL, then he would have been called up.

Therefore, it definitely is like the Buffon scenario.

I doubt he would have. Championship players are generally forgotten about when it comes to England squads. Especially under a new manager who hasn't seen him playing for one of his teams before. It's not like the Buffon situation at all, Buffon had just won the World Cup and probably had about 50 or 60 caps at the time. Townsend is a fringe player

Townsend playing well in the Championship, for at least just 6 months, would not wipe out the notion that he had already "proved" himself in the PL and for England.

Illogical to think the six month scenario would have damaged his chances whatsoever.

Can't see any way he would have played for England while playing in the Champ. Even playing in the PL I think his chances are marginal at best. Players leave when you get relegated, c'est la vie.

Rafa is the only reason it's been slightly surprising.

Look at it from his perspective. He is not a Newcastle supporter and we have just been relegated to the championship and been run like a joke for the past 8 years or so. As a professional he wants to play in the top flight, yes Palace are nothing special, but it is better for his career than dropping down a division. Also the entire country does not hate Pardew like we do, in fact the media fucking love him. I would probably have left as well in his situation.

The number one reason I'm annoyed at him for leaving is because he left behind a project by Rafa Benitez. A project that looked promising.

Surely it was obvious that things, since Rafa arrived, on and off the pitch, were changing? (I'm worried there's a clanger to be dropped by the board just round the corner - but that's nothing more than fans' thinking at the moment.)

Anything else is secondary. (in terms of reasons)

Can't see any way he would have played for England while playing in the Champ. Even playing in the PL I think his chances are marginal at best. Players leave when you get relegated, c'est la vie.

Lots of shit England players have been called up in the recent past - this isn't the era of the likes of Shearer, Sheringham, Ferdinand, Beckham, Mcmanaman, etc.

Players with a long term vision sometimes arrive à la Ritchie and Gayle. Guess which ones will be the winners in 12 months time?

Guest chopey

30% of players in the Premiership are English I think if a English player is doing well in the championship he'll get noticed

Players with a long term vision sometimes arrive à la Ritchie and Gayle. Guess which ones will be the winners in 12 months time?

Gayle came because he wasn't wanted at Palace, Ritchie probably came for more money

Gayle came because he wasn't wanted at Palace, Ritchie probably came for more money

Like I said. Ambition and long term vision.

Like I said. Ambition and long term vision.

wat

I really don't think a one season stint in the Championship would affect his international hopes at all.

No, no, it's....

http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_640x430/public/ahh.png

I was at the palace game today. Fulhams midfield/ attack and stodgy. Pardew did what pardew does best and managed to nullify puncheon zaha bolasie and townsend as they barely mustered a shot.