Newcastle United 2-1 West Ham 16/01/16 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

Guest firetotheworks

'Look how much my football team means to me' despite anyone over the age of 16 thinking it's totally pathetic to still think in that way.

More signs and symptoms have been confirmed for this distressing condition (distressing to everyone else that is, sufferers are oblivious; they have no insight into their plight).

Tom Down's Syndrome:

Toonaphobia

Allergic to smell of petrol

Unquenchable thirst for Fosters lager

Homoerotic fantasies about Dicks (Julian, as well)

Microphallically Challenged, i.e. hung like a whippet.

Penchant for 1970s-stylee sitcoms and stand-up comedians, typically Till Death Do Us Part and Jim Davidson.

Owns and likely mistreats a bull terrier, possibly involving bestiality due to sexual inadequacies (see Microphallic criterion).

Common-law wife likely to resemble Waynetta Slob (won't be married due to lengthy narrative covering many perceived injustices around benefits and likely to feature asylum seekers.)

Lives on pies and chips (conceals deep shame about dislike of jellied eels).

Refusal of foreign muck food (like his wife's pizza, which she binge eats to compensate for lack of home-reared sausage).

Geographically confused - persistently claims badlands of Brentwood's social housing is actually in the heart of the Eastend of Laaaaan-din.

Tic disorder causing exuberant clapping on aeroplane landings.

Two common forms of facial abnormality:  1) resembling an inbred Royal with learning disabilities; 2) a female sexual organ, a complete one.

Pathological dependence on advice from mythical caring grandfather - all TDS suffers have unfortunately evidently never been loved.

Unnatural attachment to child's bubble blowing paraphernalia: unexplained, and unexplainable.

If you have reason to believe you are in the proximity of a TDS sufferer, please administer short sharp shock via forehead or fist; it can be therapeutic, at least it can be for the rest of society.

Just watched the game, some thoughts.

Wijnaldum was world class, fuck me what a performance.

Mitrovic did everything right but scoring, was brilliant and a bit unlucky to not have got anything from that game.

Both new lads did very well. Shelvey is the one getting all the praise, but I was just as impressed with Saivet, came on in difficult circumstances but did almost everything right.

Referee was a biased cunt as usual; we had four free kicks all game, one of which was in the very last second. Considering how we dominated in the first half, that's quite staggering. They were allowed to do pretty much whatever they wanted with Mitrovic, kept pushing him and pulling his shirt all game. And where in the hell did six minutes come from in the second half? The script the refs were given clearly did not include us winning.

I've haven't seen the full game game. What did you like about Saivet/what does he bring?

Looked good and comfortable on the ball, put a couple of good tackles in and just generally worked hard for the team when he came on. Absolutely nothing spectacular, but a promising debut in tough circumstances (Shelvey was starting to look tired and West Ham were trying to put pressure on us). Would feel comfortable with him starting against Watford after that showing.

I've haven't seen the full game game. What did you like about Saivet/what does he bring?

Looked good and comfortable on the ball, put a couple of good tackles in and just generally worked hard for the team when he came on. Absolutely nothing spectacular, but a promising debut in tough circumstances (Shelvey was starting to look tired and West Ham were trying to put pressure on us). Would feel comfortable with him starting against Watford after that showing.

O0

Thing about it is he doesn't have to be spectacular either. Put pressure on the opposition, hold your position well and win the ball back. In theory if he can do that then he's definitely worth buying and Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Shelvey, Perez and Mitrovic should have more than enough to score goals.

The real question is will he actually be playing the games to be able to do any of that and i doubt it.

I think he will. Don't blame McClaren for not starting him yesterday, having only been in the country five days. Was encouraging that he was the one that came on when Dummett had to come off, hopefully it shows McClaren's future intentions.

Also looked to be physically suited to the league, didn't look like a pushover like Anita and Colback, for that reason alone Shelvey and Saivet are already big upgrades.

Seems odd that West Ham fans are convinced that their song for Payet is original and are giving Arsenal fans grief for copying it - it's the Cabaye song.

Which was the McCourt song and probably something else beforehand. 

Hardly any football chants are original and are usually pinched from elsewhere.  TBH, most of them are absolutely terrible and don't even work.  It seems like 50% of chants now seem to be to the Sloop John B tune.  "he scores when he wants/don't want to go home/get out of our club" etc.  :anguish:

Guest Roger Kint

Do all football clubs not have mongish football radgie fans like him? We have plenty of nackers amongst our support  :lol:

Aye, but True Geordie aside, they don't do it in front of a camera.

Sky Sports News says hello

He's a bit of a throw-back, in more ways than one. Speaking of which: "He's only a poor little Hammer..."

:lol: his clothes are all tattered and torn....

CY1uBPyWkAArWJ3.jpg:large

Remember that so well along with the Seymour graffiti.

Should have been preserved as club history

that and the one down Bath lane. "newcastle utd" but they'd orignially missed out the "t" so they put an arrow in the gap with the "t" above.

Aye :lol: remember that one as well.

Thought the ref was good. Nice to see him play on when challenges were made that were 50/50 which a lot of refs seem intent on seeing a foul one way or the other. Game had a good flow about it.