Watford 2-1 Newcastle United 23/1/16 - Post-match reaction from page 28

Greg

Not great, not terrible.

Mitrovic should have scored but so should Deeney.

Aarons off the pace, which is not that surprising.

Thought Lascelles was decent aside from the giveaway that should have led to a goal.

Saivet grew into it as the half went on.

Wijnaldum and Mitrovic too isolated.

Should go to our usual formation with Perez on and Mbemba at LB.

Not great, not terrible.

Mitrovic should have scored but so should Deeney.

Aarons off the pace, which is not that surprising.

Thought Lascelles was decent aside from the giveaway that should have led to a goal.

Saivet grew into it as the half went on.

Wijnaldum and Mitrovic too isolated.

Should go to our usual formation with Perez on and Mbemba at LB.

Pretty much this :thup:

If we are going to rely on Mitrovic for goals we've got a problem, he's hopeless in front of goal.

Hardly any service at all today tbf :lol:

We are playing some b****** child version of a 541 and can't string two passes together.

There has been a few times where there's been a ball put into the box perfect for him to attack and he's been too slow to react, from Janmaat and Shelvey IIRC

Couple of times? well then i better get the celebratory wine out :lol: Come on man look at any decent team in this league and they'll see more service to their striker in the space of 5 mins.

He's not been great but he's feeding off less than scraps atm.

Misstrovic playing excellent again by the sound of it, if he keeps it up we might only lose 0-1. FFS.

:lol: wat. He's isolated up top by himself man, he's kept the ball well enough but there's nobody in support. We're playing with 2 wingbacks and no wingers and we look impotent as fuck.

If we are going to rely on Mitrovic for goals we've got a problem, he's hopeless in front of goal.

We are playing some b****** child version of a 541 and can't string two passes together.

There has been a few times where there's been a ball put into the box perfect for him to attack and he's been too slow to react, from Janmaat and Shelvey IIRC

Couple of times? well then i better get the celebratory wine out :lol: Come on man look at any decent team in this league and they'll see more service to their striker in the space of 5 mins.

Was just making a point about what I see as his lack of predatory instinct, not about lack of service which is of course an issue

How's saivet looking?

Think he looks a bit lost out there, others seem to disagree though. got caught in possession early on, gave the ball away cheaply on a couple of occasions, hasn't been atroucious though.

I think he ha been OK defensively and made some good tackles..but not that good on the ball.

They couldn't be any worse in the 2nd than the first, Watford are awful also. It really won't take much to beat them.

Down to you Shteve. You tried a line up which we all thought would be ok, it's not. Players either not fit or not up to speed with the league.

With no natural left back we are totally off balance, Mbemba even looks shaky. I'd prefer to see Coloccini playing there. Lascelles did ok apart from one mistake which was almost punished. Aarons has to go off. For who I don't know.

Was just making a point about what I see as his lack of predatory instinct, not about lack of service which is of course an issue

Fair enough, i don't think anyone denies that tbf.