Seydou Doumbia

sempuki

Love how he's suddenly the best player ever, despite no-one knowing him previously and being crap.

Nobody's saying he's the best player ever, not in the slightest.  Also a bit strange of you to comment on other people judging him without knowing much when you know little about him yourself yet call him crap :lol:

That chronicle article is definitely worrying. It would certainly explain why the medical took so long.

I really wasn't bothered by the transfer, I've never seen him play in the Champions League where he looked good so any goals will be more than what I'm expecting. I hope I'm wrong about him mind.

Damnit Giggsed

he main concern regarding Doumbia is his fitness. Throughout the years, he has been extremely fragile, missing countless games due to various injuries. Ankle, thigh and back problems seem to keep mounting at a very alarming rate.

And according to sources at CSKA, Doumbia barely trained at all during his loan spell from Roma at the beginning of the season; kept complaining at different minor injuries and only took part in the games themselves. That was possible because coach Leonid Slutsky and most of his teammates have known the Ivorian for years.

There was a phenomenal mutual understanding between the striker and his team-mates, which enabled him to perform without actually training with the team. Even so, his form dipped significantly towards the end of 2015, and Doumbia has failed to find the net since October.

eep

I don't see it as being a massive issue on a loan deal.  Either he'll be fit and he'll play, or he won't, he'll sit on the treatment table and we'll go with what we have.  Then if it's that bad we'll send him back to Roma and that'll be it.  It's certainly better to have a striker with a good record who could be fit than just no other options.

Guest Howaythetoon

I suppose if he doesn't train it massively decreases his chances of getting injuried?

I would have thought it would be the other way around.

I don't see it as being a massive issue on a loan deal.  Either he'll be fit and he'll play, or he won't, he'll sit on the treatment table and we'll go with what we have.  Then if it's that bad we'll send him back to Roma and that'll be it.  It's certainly better to have a striker with a good record who could be fit than just no other options.

Lol.

It is a massive issue really because we need a goalscorer to avoid relegation.