Saido Berahino stays at West Brom

TK-421

I'd happily pay up to £30m for him, similar fee to Everton paid for Lukaku 18 months ago with a similar track record. Unless he got badly crocked I doubt he'd not either be an excellent signing or not get us a lot of that money back if we moved him on. Beggars can't be choosers for us atm, he's what we need and we need to take the gamble on him.

We're in massive trouble then, relying on a striker not match fit and not proven in this league to score enough goals to keep us up, meanwhile somehow hoping our defence has a ability transplant and stops shipping goals.

Exactly right I'm sorry I just can't work out how some of our fans can't see that it just doeasn't make sense.

This may have more to do with the struggle at West Brom between corrupt Pulis and their chairman than it does with us ?

We should have had other targets plainly as well mind. Hoy in a massive bid for Benteke, he clearly isn't wanted by Siegfried. or smack in a similair bid for Bony. With the news about Pep, bound to be some nervous fuckers at Citeh....

This may have more to do with the struggle at West Brom between corrupt Pulis and their chairman than it does with us ?

We should have had other targets plainly as well mind. Hoy in a massive bid for Benteke, he clearly isn't wanted by Siegfried. or smack in a similair bid for Bony. With the news about Pep, bound to be some nervous f***ers at Citeh....

Except Bony and Benteke are nothing like Berahino.

We should have had other targets plainly as well mind. Hoy in a massive bid for Benteke, he clearly isn't wanted by Siegfried. or smack in a similair bid for Bony. With the news about Pep, bound to be some nervous f***ers at Citeh....

Except Bony and Benteke are nothing like Berahino.

No you are right in terms of play, but they are both proven goalscorers in this division, which is what we need.

Not a chance in hell for any of them imo anyway.

Don't blame the regime at all for this one not going through. 

Don't blame them for it not going through, can blame them for not having any decent backup plans in case it didn't go through knowing we need a goal scorer.

Don't blame them for it not going through, can blame them for not having any decent backup plans in case it didn't go through knowing we need a goal scorer.

Mistake was made in August.  January is a desperado market.  And we've signed another striker too.

Mistake was made in August.  January is a desperado market.  And we've signed another striker too.

The mistake that was made in August has just been made again though, that's the problem. We needed a striker we know can score in this league, we might get lucky with Doumbia but again we're leaving it to chance rather than proven ability at this level.

To put a little perspective in to this thread we just signed a forward who scores 1 in 2 and also for fun in champions league where we can only dream of being in right now. The very fact we announced the signing of this striker so late and then handed Perez a big contract answers the question that we TBF on this one. Maybe Pearce has a game plan like we had with Carroll but I dont worry about it as the ball is in our court right now. We can go forth with lots of forwards and then we have Siem to boot to alter our play.

The mistake that was made in August has just been made again though, that's the problem. We needed a striker we know can score in this league, we might get lucky with Doumbia but again we're leaving it to chance rather than proven ability at this level.

You're asking a lot for a striker to come in and do that in January. There's only a handful of players in that bracket.

To put a little perspective in to this thread we just signed a forward who scores 1 in 2 and also for fun in champions league where we can only dream of being in right now. The very fact we announced the signing of this striker so late and then handed Perez a big contract answers the question that we TBF on this one. Maybe Pearce has a game plan like we had with Carroll but I dont worry about it as the ball is in our court right now. We can go forth with lots of forwards and then we have Siem to boot to alter our play.

Yeah it's went well the first 23 games with the forwards we have so to say putting a little bit perpective is a bit rich to be honest. As for the 1 in 2 striker he failed in the only major league he has played in.

Mitrovic was 1 in 2 previously and he's scored in the champions league and it's not happened for him here.

Exactly why are people so blinkered honestly it just puzzles me.

You're asking a lot for a striker to come in and do that in January. There's only a handful of players in that bracket.

I'm asking a lot for a striker who can score? They're expecting a lot for Doumbia to come in and do the business in an unknown league,  Remy, Berahino, players that have already proven they can score in the PL, it's not much to ask them to keep doing it for us.

Mitrovic was 1 in 2 previously and he's scored in the champions league and it's not happened for him here.

Aye, there's not guarantee at all, his record is impressive. But like you say he's failed at the only step up he's had.

His record at the highest level of club football is pretty excellent, like. That gives me hope that he at least has the basics we need. Italy's a funny league.

Aye, there's not guarantee at all, his record is impressive. But like you say he's failed at the only step up he's had.

His record at the highest level of club football is pretty excellent, like. That gives me hope that he at least has the basics we need. Italy's a funny league.

He's a gamble though and at this stage like Mitrovic it's not what's required.