Saido Berahino stays at West Brom

TK-421

I dont understand why people wouldnt sell him while his stock is high. I'd sell any player who has only had one good season, the odds of them maintaining it are pretty low.

Because they'll get similar in the summer and they have no time to replace him before the deadline.

It's not always about money.

Guest antz1uk

He barely plays, and this contract will only have 12 months on in the Summer.

If they are banking on him going to an english club in the summer, there's no guarantees, he could then sit tight himself and sign a pre contract agreement from Jan 1st with a club abroad and they'd receive no fee for him at all then, not even a tribunal, big risk to take

I doubt we are that desperate to get him tbh, I think we just chucked in that offer in case it was accepted. With Doumbia signing eventually, I think we'll just leave the offer on the table and that will be that.

I doubt we are that desperate to get him tbh, I think we just chucked in that offer in case it was accepted. With Doumbia signing eventually, I think we'll just leave the offer on the table and that will be that.

This.

Full focus on him now then. I think something is happening that neither club are saying.

Same. The 'footballing matter' that caused Pulis to miss training has me suspicious.

And the knock that he took which meant he was allowed to leave early, pretty sure most players who get a knock stay back to spend time with the medical team.

What time did we agree the fee with Liverpool for Carroll? 5pm?

Thought it was later than that, about 8pm??

Nah, definitely about 5.30-ish, as remember they discussed it on Total Sport same day, when he was on his way for medical.

The "slight knock" could be interesting, maybe they will only sell to us on the condition he doesn't play against them on Saturday?

Possibly, but there is no way they can guarantee that in any deal, it would have to be a gentlemans a word. Would you take Ashley's word?

The "slight knock" could be interesting, maybe they will only sell to us on the condition he doesn't play against them on Saturday?

Possibly, but there is no way they can guarantee that in any deal, it would have to be a gentlemans a word. Would you take Ashley's word?

Exactly. You know Ashley would tell them he won't play against them only for Berahino to turn up pre-match on a trolley with a pasty in hand ready to send the Baggies down.

Guest Roger Kint

Is it right that we only sent one e mail and no phone or face to face talks?

Its fair to say nobody in the media actually knows the whole story :lol: