Saido Berahino stays at West Brom

TK-421

A very strange situation. Why not offer him around on Jan 1st for £25m-£30m, someone would have come in and bought him for that - I have no doubt.

West Brom then have £25m-£30m to spend on new additions to their squad with the entire month (and past 4 months worth of research) to find players.

No loss to West Brom as Berahino has not featured in the league.

A very strange situation. Why not offer him around on Jan 1st for £25m-£30m, someone would have come in and bought him for that - I have no doubt.

West Brom then have £25m-£30m to spend on new additions to their squad with the entire month (and past 4 months worth of research) to find players.

The chairman doesn't trust the manager and his preferred agent supposedly.

Guest Howaythetoon

Then why appoint the f***er in the first place? I think this is more about ego from the chairman than any conspiracy related to the manager. He could after all sell the player and not splash the cash. At the right club I think Berahino is going to be a top player, not a 20-25 goal a season man like, but a constant scorer and creator comfortable in a number of roles. He'd work really well at say Arsenal or Liverpool. Not so much here or at Spurs.

Then why appoint the f***er in the first place? I think this is more about ego from the chairman than any conspiracy related to the manager. He could after all sell the player and not splash the cash. At the right club I think Berahino is going to be a top player, not a 20-25 goal a season man like, but a constant scorer and creator comfortable in a number of roles. He'd work really well at say Arsenal or Liverpool. Not so much here or at Spurs.

He's trying to sell the club and there has been a lot of talk about Pulis and his dodgy signings, don't think this about ego.

Massively suspect of the amount I've seen mcclaren repeat the phrase 'making a statement' as if the acquisition is a secondary priority.

It was a token bid. As suspected we weren't that serious in signing him.

Massively suspect of the amount I've seen mcclaren repeat the phrase 'making a statement' as if the acquisition is a secondary priority.

It was a token bid. As suspected we weren't that serious in signing him.

Phew, bet we're glad they didn't accept our shitload of cash offer then.