Saido Berahino stays at West Brom

TK-421

The toxic atmosphere that Ashley has created around the club is so tedious man, we bid and it's a PR exercise, or is it?? Has Ashley changed!?!  Fans, journos alike squabbling over if we are ambitious or not and if the whole thing is put on for show. 

Then opposition fans going haha deluded Geordies love fat Mike now lol.....  Maybe it is a PR exercise, maybe it isn't.  In all likelihood the truth is somewhere in the middle but the whole narrative of NUFC is just so incredibly boring.  If Stoke fail in their bid for Berahino these issues won't be raised for obvious reasons.

Fact is we are sitting in 18th due to the utter s*** and neglect of numerous transfer windows and to the utter contempt and arrogance shown by the decision makers at the club.

Guest antz1uk

Can a płayer force a move to the club of his own choice if two clubs offer the same fee, I remember Ferguson wouldn't sell heinze to Liverpool but surely the players union can step in somehow? Although I imagine that takes time, somthing that none of the parties have

Luke Edwards ‏@LukeEdwardsTele 6m6 minutes ago

If #nufc want Berahino they are going to have to bid £24m. I'm told WBA may sell for that figure. Smoke and mirrors.

Thought he wasn't for sale? :lol:

Edwards does comes across a little bitter at times.  If it's a PR exercise by us, why would they sell at £24m, unless we already knew that and had no intention i spose, Wouldn't put it past us like.

Guest reefatoon

Can't wait to see Stoke's knuckle daggers tomorrow, swarming the reporter to get on TV. They will be out in their droves over this news.

Luke Edwards on Twitter

Hint of PR exercise abt Berahino bid with suggestion from #WBA it was leaked by #nufc after they turned it down Told not for sale weeks ago

I suspect this is nearer the truth on this one. It has Ashley's stink all over it. :(

Luke Edwards on Twitter

Hint of PR exercise abt Berahino bid with suggestion from #WBA it was leaked by #nufc after they turned it down Told not for sale weeks ago

Luke Edwards is a bitter bitter man.

Was just about to post the same - not like Edwards' has an agenda to try and discredit this bid.  :rolleyes:

Guest reefatoon

Sky have banned the stuff with the fans after the farce of last year.

Bollocks,  there goes my game of spot the cunt tomorrow.

Guest neesy111

Was the only benefit of us never buying anyone that we didn't have to sit through Teethgirl band the merry and of morons who'd turn up at NUFC

Very true.

Can't wait to see Stoke's knuckle daggers tomorrow, swarming the reporter to get on TV. They will be out in their droves over this news.

http://i.imgur.com/aHUXloH.jpg

I see a bunch of normal looking teenagers here?

(and an unsettling man in a suit, aye)

Can't wait to see Stoke's knuckle daggers

http://i.imgur.com/9L9Afvs.jpg?1

The guy on the left :lol:

Edit  : Too slow :laugh:

This was a great deadline day for watching - the bloke on the left kept appearing and looked as if he was gonna do the reporter in. :D I also remember 'Norwich' where there were a couple of blokes pretending to be bumming. :D

Can see Spurs coming in once either us or Stoke have a bid accepted and the price is establised - you would have to imagine that would easily be his preferred choice of the 3 linked clubs.

It could end up a bit like the Carroll transfer. If I remember right, we turned down bids from Spurs near the end of the window and repeatedly said he wasn't for sale, then on deadline day Liverpool came in and started throwing offers at us. Only so many times you can say no... before you end up saying... WTF?? YES!!!