Saido Berahino stays at West Brom

TK-421

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

Posted at 15:58

"I’ve been told Newcastle have no chance of signing Saido Berahino.

"They had tabled a £21m bid but this was rejected. No other deal under discussion."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-assistant-boss-comments-10819815

In fact, Kemp hopes to have Berahino in the squad for West Brom’s trip to the Liberty Stadium on Tuesday night.

Asked about Berahino, Kemp replied: “He’s still here. He’s been in this morning.

“He’s got a bit of a knock so we’ll have to check that but he’s in the squad for tomorrow’s game (at Swansea).

“I’m expecting that (he’ll remain at West Brom), I’ve not heard anything different.

“The chairman obviously deals with that side of it, but we’re continuing with him being around for the rest of the season.”

Tottenham Hotspur, who saw four bids rejected for Berahino in the summer, and Stoke City have both been credited with an interest in the striker as well.

Potters boss Mark Hughes has revealed that, though Stoke had previously held an interest in Berahino, West Brom have continued to insist they will not sell the striker.

Hughes said: “We expressed an interest, but West Brom have been consistent in their message that he is unavailable.”

Oh well - that's that then eh? Gonna be a big gamble to rely purely on Doumbia to get goals. :thdn:

Typical of this club totally deserve to go down and I honestly think they will - if you can't score goals an d you keep letting them in you go down. And the point of having that useless knacker in charge makes it even more likely.

Oh well - that's that then eh? Gonna be a big gamble to rely purely on Doumbia to get goals. :thdn:

Typical of this club totally deserve to go down and I honestly think they will - if you can't score goals an d you keep letting them in you go down. And the point of having that useless knacker in charge makes it even more likely.

We know how much Ashley likes a gamble......

He's going to fail this time he has had the whole window to get a proven stiker, defender and left back and has failed fucking miserably - but are we reaally surprised.

He's going to fail this time he has had the whole window to get a proven stiker, defender and left back and has failed fucking miserably - but are we reaally surprised.

Aye - makes you wonder whether the Berahino bid was just another PR exercise. The fact that we have to wonder, says it all about Ashley and his motives. There is absolutely zero trust for him to do what's needed. It's always bare minimum.

I'm sure there is a plan b.

If there's one thing that typifies the modern Newcastle United, it's the lack of a Plan B.  When we didn't get McClaren, originally, it was just "OK, we just won't have a manager then and hope we can get him later" and we nearly got relegated.  Even when he went to shit and Derby sacked him, there was never any shopping around.  You'd think if we had £21 million to spend on a striker there'd be options available for us, but we're incredibly lazy and once we've identified a target, it's far too much work to find another one.

He's going to fail this time he has had the whole window to get a proven stiker, defender and left back and has failed f***ing miserably - but are we reaally surprised.

Aye - makes you wonder whether the Berahino bid was just another PR exercise. The fact that we have to wonder, says it all about Ashley and his motives. There is absolutely zero trust for him to do what's needed. It's always bare minimum.

I mentioned earlier that once there had been no follow up to the alleged 'email' that there was something fishy as you don't keep going on for half a day saying you have had no reply back and the timing of the Perez announcement was more than pure coincidence also. I think Perez is one for the futuree but it's been proven in the first 23 games that there is nobody able to put the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis and that will continue. Three of the four most important areas a proven scorer, a centre half and a left back have not been addressed this month and the lack of goals will continue and the goals going in at the other end will continue also. Unfortunately as you said the fa cunt and his utter joke of a board of associates will gamble all the way.

Were you seriously expecting them to sign 7-8 players in January? Thats a squad overhaul, youd also have to bed them all in, If we'd got this guy in I'd have been a very good window, without him its been decent, weve covered our biggest problem area in CM, got someone for the left wing so we arnt so one dimensional, and got a striker in that has a decent record, even if its in a lower quality league. If you'd said that we'd get them at the start of the window, I reckon most people would have snapped your hand off.

At least we got Doumbia in, more sensible than staking everything on hetting Berahino.

Absolutely. Regardless of Doumbia's lack of Premier League experience, we've signed a striker rather than putting all our eggs into a Berahino shaped basket. Fair play to the club, it must be said.

He's going to fail this time he has had the whole window to get a proven stiker, defender and left back and has failed f***ing miserably - but are we reaally surprised.

Were you seriously expecting them to sign 7-8 players in January? Thats a squad overhaul, youd also have to bed them all in, If we'd got this guy in I'd have been a very good window, without him its been decent, weve covered our biggest problem area in CM, got someone for the left wing so we arnt so one dimensional, and got a striker in that has a decent record, even if its in a lower quality league. If you'd said that we'd get them at the start of the window, I reckon most people would have snapped your hand off.

To avoid relegation yes or have you not seen the amount iof goals being conceded in just about every game and the lack of goals being scored in every game. Why do you think we are third bottom and the fact we have a joke of a manager makes it double the problem. Come on it's not rocket science if you can't score goals and can't keep clean sheets then you need to have the players to do so. It is not a decent window as you have not covered three of the biggest problem areas in the side.

By the way Mitrovic had a good record at lower leagues also and look what happened there - you need proven quality to succeed not gambles and the less said about the utter French garbage which has been bought recently the better - wasting absolute fortunes on mediocre dross.