Everton vs Newcastle United - 03/02/16 @ 7.45pm (No TV)

BeloEmre

Hmmm ... More of a counter attacking threat with Perez upfront. Not mad at that. Nice to see that as an option actually. Wasn't sure McClaren considered him capable of leading the line.

Everyon's centreback pairing gives us a big chance IMO. Really need to try and capitalise.

Come on guys!

I think if we were going with a lone striker, either Mitro or Doumbia would be the way to go. Not sure it will work with Perez on his todd.

Only way is if we resist hoofing it and retain possession much better through midfield. Possible but it's a big ask.

I think if we were going with a lone striker, either Mitro or Doumbia would be the way to go. Not sure it will work with Perez on his todd.

I've always thought he'd need Mitrovic alongside him if he was playing as a no.9 but I hopeI'm wrong. If Wijnaldum is close by and Townsend and Sissoko get forward well it might be decent.

For any other team i'd say you could make it work. But when have we ever kept the ball and moved off the ball intelligently enough to use the skillset of a small striker? :lol:

Hope i'm wrong mind and show something we haven't showed in god knows how long.

I've always thought he'd need Mitrovic alongside him if he was playing as a no.9 but I hopeI'm wrong. If Wijnaldum is close by and Townsend and Sissoko get forward well it might be decent.

I guess if Townsend and Sissoko are cutting back in from the byline rather than going beyond the full back and crossing from wide, that will bring Perez and Gini into play more.