sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All that money is really helping English clubs dominate European competitions :thup:

Two or three clubs yes. You'll never get a Leicester in La Liga. It's an awful league to watch, which is shown by it's worldwide audience compared to the Premier League. Our top division is the best in the world as a spectacle.

Didn't just say best league in the world man. Urghh

Yep. The most watched league in the world. La Liga has the best players, but their product is generally poor because of the way Barca and Real Madrid take most of the cash.

just a s*** phrase man

The best league in the world is surely that of the highest quality? Sounds like you're describing the most entertaining (which I'd say it is, in fairness).

Highest quality as in any team can beat any other on their day. It doesn't happen in La Liga as a rule. Don't get me wrong Barca and Real are amazing teams, and what Athletico have done is fantastic, but by God it's dreadful to watch most of the time. I, and the rest of the world, would rather watch the Premier League.

The best league in the world is surely that of the highest quality? Sounds like you're describing the most entertaining (which I'd say it is, in fairness).

Highest quality as in any team can beat any other on their day. It doesn't happen in La Liga as a rule. Don't get me wrong Barca and Real are amazing teams, and what Athletico have done is fantastic, but by God it's dreadful to watch most of the time. I, and the rest of the world, would rather watch the Premier League.

I disagree that equates to quality; if anything, it's the other way round. I'd rather watch a Prem game but there's 2 Spanish teams in the CL final (plus count recent years' finalists and winners) and Sevilla have just won the EL again for the umpteenth/whatever time - to me, that suggests their league is of the best quality.

I don't know why I'm arguing but it's not 'dreadful to watch' compared to Stoke/West Brom/Crystal Palace vs Watford/Sunderland/Swansea. That's without even mentioning the 'good' teams that are dull as dishwater as well, like Man Utd and Chelsea.

It just isn't.

Stray Mackem is a good poster. He's fair and he knows what he's talking about.

But the state of RTG man. 99% posters just acting like this Rafa news isn't positive news for us  :lol:

I get the piss taking at the minute, Mackems are on top.

But loads of posts like "he's a shite manager, he won't be able to handle the championship" etc.

I mean FFS man. Sounding like absolute morons  :lol:

If Rafa stays we'll be back in Europe again before they ever make it there and it's going to hurt them like you wouldn't believe.

You reckon? I'd wait until at least Christmas before making a statement like that. I may be wrong, Benitez might be a class Championship manager, but he's untested in a division like that and to suppose that you'll not only come straight back up but he'll then get you into Europe is slightly delusional.

You are basically implying that you'd consider a tried and tested Championship manager to be a better bet for promotion from the Championship than the likes of Arsène Wenger, Claudio Ranieri, Jürgen Klopp, Mauricio Pochettino, José Mourinho, Pep Guardiola, Rafael Benítez, etc.

Next you'll be saying you'd rather have Championship quality players in the Championship over Premiership quality players.

Many Premier League games have bored me to sleep this season. So much rubbish.

Just this season ? Last time we were in the Championship I watched more Spanish and German football than our Premier.

I don't know why I'm arguing but it's not 'dreadful to watch' compared to Stoke/West Brom/Crystal Palace vs Watford/Sunderland/Swansea. That's without even mentioning the 'good' teams that are dull as dishwater as well, like Man Utd and Chelsea.

It just isn't.

The rest of the world seem to disagree.

My first post was a response to someone saying it'll be great for you lot winning games in the Championship while we struggle in the Premier League. I can assure you I'd much rather be in the top flight, although I have enjoyed our spells in the second tier.

We now have Mourinho and Guardiola and who knows which players they'll bring with them. Ibrahimovic is already rumoured to be on his way, and my 12 year old son is absolutely buzzing about it and I'm sure there'll be more big names on their way.

If Rafa stays we'll be back in Europe again before they ever make it there and it's going to hurt them like you wouldn't believe.

You reckon? I'd wait until at least Christmas before making a statement like that. I may be wrong, Benitez might be a class Championship manager, but he's untested in a division like that and to suppose that you'll not only come straight back up but he'll then get you into Europe is slightly delusional.

You are basically implying that you'd consider a tried and tested Championship manager to be a better bet for promotion from the Championship than the likes of Arsène Wenger, Claudio Ranieri, Jürgen Klopp, Mauricio Pochettino, José Mourinho, Pep Guardiola, Rafael Benítez, etc.

Next you'll be saying you'd rather have Championship quality players in the Championship over Premiership quality players.

Also, didn't he take Tenerife up from Spain's second division? Clearly showing the ability to manage a team from a lower league in to a higher league  ???

Not at all. I'm saying exactly what I typed. Benitez is completely untried at that level. We'll see.

It just isn't.

The rest of the world seem to disagree.

My first post was a response to someone saying it'll be great for you lot winning games in the Championship while we struggle in the Premier League. I can assure you I'd much rather be in the top flight, although I have enjoyed our spells in the second tier.

We now have Mourinho and Guardiola and who knows which players they'll bring with them. Ibrahimovic is already rumoured to be on his way, and my 12 year old son is absolutely buzzing about it and I'm sure there'll be more big names on their way.

There he goes, a mackem paying more attention to other teams than his own  ;)

Also, didn't he take Tenerife up from Spain's second division? Clearly showing the ability to manage a team from a lower league in to a higher league  ???

He did yes, but it's not the English Championship in 2016. The teams in our second tier, and the money they have, bears no resemblance to the Spanish Segunda Division.

Look he may do amazingly, I don't know, and I can see why Newcastle fans are chuffed, but it's not a given that he'll bring you straight back up.