sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Over on RTG they reckon they would get £25m if they sold Pickford!

Which would make him the second most expensive goalkeeper of all time.  He's decent no doubt but they dont seem to understand the keepers just dont sell for that much and are using Sissoko as reference??

the kid has a lot to do in games, he's got a lot of shot stopping to do, he's gonna make saves, he's gonna look good at times, however he plays for Sunderland, a stupid club  :lol:

Essentially adrift by 6 points if you look at the goal differences. They only need one decent month to be in with a chance however, they have came back from the brink enough times already in recent years.

AKA 'April'. It's what they do. They're bloody good at it, they've pared survival to beyond the 'skin of their teeth' at this point.

Fast forward to May 2017, Penshaw monument resplendent in red and white, jubilation on wearside, 17th on goal difference, another 'great escape' masterminded by managerial surprise package Kevin Davies. hahahah FTM, gerrin marras!!

October 2017: DAVIES OUT, ITS A DISGRACE, WE ARE SUNLUN, WHO ELSE WOULD GET 40,000 WATCHING THIS GARBAGE? E-E-EDL, BREXIT MEANS BREXIT, FTM

Essentially adrift by 6 points if you look at the goal differences. They only need one decent month to be in with a chance however, they have came back from the brink enough times already in recent years.

AKA 'April'. It's what they do. They're bloody good at it, they've pared survival to beyond the 'skin of their teeth' at this point.

Fast forward to May 2017, Penshaw monument resplendent in red and white, jubilation on wearside, 17th on goal difference, another 'great escape' masterminded by managerial surprise package Kevin Davies. hahahah FTM, gerrin marras!!

October 2017: DAVIES OUT, ITS A DISGRACE, WE ARE SUNLUN, WHO ELSE WOULD GET 40,000 WATCHING THIS GARBAGE? E-E-EDL, BREXIT MEANS BREXIT, FTM

Actually sounds about right

If this run continues, hopefully it will finally bury the myth of Moyes being anything other than a below average British manager. The way he is still lauded by some as anything other is ridiculous.

long way to go  :naughty:

lets see where these cunts are in Jan, i'd be amazed if they weren't bottom  :lol:

The mackems moaning about the goal but completely ignoring the fact that West Ham should have had a stone wall penalty.

Bobby Madley with yet another horrific refereeing performance.

The player is in the keepers line of sight and does make a movement for the ball. Just the fact that he's onside weakens their case a bit.

The mackems moaning about the goal but completely ignoring the fact that West Ham should have had a stone wall penalty.

The player is in the keepers line of sight and does make a movement for the ball. Just the fact that he's onside weakens their case a bit.

he's onside so its a goal regardless

Which is exactly what madras said.

Which is exactly what madras said.

yes i know, my comment is to the mackem hordes convinced it was no goal, unlucky  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Has there ever been a worse Premier League club than these lot? They fight relegation every year, hardly ever sell out, buy absolute rubbish and often play some of the worst footy around. I do hope this is the year they go down and I hope that's the last we will ever see of them as a top-flight club. I wouldn't mind if they actually had ambition, signed good players and actually filled their stadium week in week out, but they don't. Even Wigan were less pointless as a Premier League club.

There's lots of things you can criticise Sunderland for but attendances isn't one. It's embarrassing patter really.

despite giving away around 10k free tickets each game?

And still having swathes of pink seats?

Guest Howaythetoon

There's lots of things you can criticise Sunderland for but attendances isn't one. It's embarrassing patter really.

I usually don't criticise them for their poor attendances, but it's a fact that they do not fill their stadium. We have been ran worse than them and were actually relegated, but we still fill our stadium.

It's a small city in one of the poorest areas of the country with a  shite team that never does anything to inspire. 40k against West Bromich Albion is a great attendance however it is achieved. As is selling 30k season tickets.

Fair play to them.

despite giving away around 10k free tickets each game?

And still having swathes of pink seats?

they bring it on themselves with constant attempts to prove our attendances aren't what they actually and that we're a club that only existed since '92 or whatever

if they didn't have such a chip about it nobody would feel the need to mention it, free tickets or not

My cousin works for them in the corporate hospitality dept although he's looking for a new job. I don't see much of him but bumped into him at a family funeral last week and he was saying it's an impossible job there now. His role is to get new business in, sell boxes, sell corporate seating etc and literally nobody is interested. They've been cold called ex box holders/corporate clients all season and there's just no take up at all and he's under loads of pressure because his bosses are asking him why he can't get customers in.

He also said they're giving away unprecedented amounts of free tickets this season. Ticket drops into the 1000s at Sunderland Uni as well as the colleges in the Sunderland/County Durham/South Tyneside areas. Aside from that they're handing out free tickets to schools and local businesses in the area and they've also started a scheme where any Nissan worker can buy a match ticket for a tenner on production of their pass.

If they go down they're screwed. They generate next to no money outside of the Premier League tv cash nowadays and still have a huge wage bill to service, with few saleable assets as well as mounting debts.

Guest Howaythetoon

It's a small city in one of the poorest areas of the country with a  s**** team that never does anything to inspire. 40k against West Bromich Albion is a great attendance however it is achieved. As is selling 30k season tickets.

Fair play to them.

I wouldn't really disagree, but I guess what I'm saying is they have nowt going for them, fuck all. We have our fan base and always will it seems even with pricks like Ashley, Pardew et al mugging us off.

It's a small city in one of the poorest areas of the country with a  s**** team that never does anything to inspire. 40k against West Bromich Albion is a great attendance however it is achieved. As is selling 30k season tickets.

Fair play to them.

I wouldn't really disagree, but I guess what I'm saying is they have nowt going for them, fuck all. We have our fan base and always will it seems even with pricks like Ashley, Pardew et al mugging us off.

As much as it drove everyone mad that we still filled the stadium in those dark days could you see many others doing the same? I don't blame them for having free tickets and pink seats given what they watch every week and to say they still get over 30k crowds to watch that is some achievement, free tickets or not. But if they get relegated it'll be the death of them.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fair play to them.

I wouldn't really disagree, but I guess what I'm saying is they have nowt going for them, f*** all. We have our fan base and always will it seems even with pricks like Ashley, Pardew et al mugging us off.

As much as it drove everyone mad that we still filled the stadium in those dark days could you see many others doing the same? I don't blame them for having free tickets and pink seats given what they watch every week and to say they still get over 30k crowds to watch that is some achievement, free tickets or not. But if they get relegated it'll be the death of them.

I think we are quite unique in many ways because I doubt many would get the size of crowds we get. To be fair, I'm surprised the mackems get as many as they do because they are really really wretched in every way. But again, if we are talking about them as a Premier League club, they have fuck all going for them. Agreed they will be fucked if they go down, massively fucked.

I know a few mackems who have always believed that the SOL has 10k more seats than it needs, they should have went for a 35k seater stadium.