sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SSN's headline right now. They are so f***ed if Defoe does leave. No way will they get a better goalscorer than him this month. Defoe would be doing them a massive favour if he stays.

He is contracted to them. Hardly a favour.

Honestly don't see what Defoe has to gain by sticking around with them anymore. Their chances of survival is slim, has a manager who's doesn't believe they can stay up or even trust his players, an utter dump of a place and will probably be sold in the summer anyways.

If he moves back to West Ham, he'll be in London again, would probably still play Premier League football next season and be on better money.

They won't get £30-50m that they're dreaming of for Pickford. Should probably just name their price now and get the money they need for Defoe.

"West Ham determined to sign Jermain Defoe. Will pay what it takes to get deal done. Have told Sunderland to name their price #WHUFC"

why? :lol:  Sure he scores goals, but a couple months into next season he'll be 35.  Being that determined ("name any price", "pay what it takes" etc) makes little sense from a West Ham point of view for what? 1 good season left in him?

..unless they're shitting the bed that much about this season

"West Ham determined to sign Jermain Defoe. Will pay what it takes to get deal done. Have told Sunderland to name their price #WHUFC"

why? :lol:  Sure he scores goals, but a couple months into next season he'll be 35.  Being that determined ("name any price", "pay what it takes" etc) makes little sense from a West Ham point of view for what? 1 good season left in him?

they've gone in really low at 6m. now if Sunderland name a price say 25m, they know its game on and a bidding war that will settle somewhere between 6 and 25 will be the outcome.

As daft as they've been with transfers over the years there's zero chance they sell Defoe short of a silly bid like £20m+ and even then...

.....Unless there be one of those pesky "Release clause" thingys!

As daft as they've been with transfers over the years there's zero chance they sell Defoe short of a silly bid like £20m+ and even then...

Damn those release clauses!  :lol:

You don't normally tell someone to name their price, when the price is already fixed like.

Thing is, at 34 year old there has to be a ceiling to what Sunlun can realistically expect to receive, and what any club is can be expected to pay, even with todays football money and crazy fees.

They clearly think they have a Sissoko situation on their hands and can ask for stupid money.

However, if he decides he wants to go and they price him out of a move, then they potentially have an unhappy (maybe even unmotivated) player on their books for another few months.

Alternatively, they sell him and then any fee they get may just be absorbed into the club debt anyway.

This could be a lose-lose situation for the Mackems now.

:memelol:

They clearly think they have a Sissoko situation on their hands and can ask for stupid money.

not really, they clearly know he's their only goal outlet for the most part and if they let him go they're down

had they been mid-table i think they'd accept a decent bid for him given his age

It all comes down to the player, if Defoe fancies one last run at West Ham before he hangs up his boots then its in Sunderland's interests to get as much as they can for a 34 year old player, they wont get mega bucks tho.

Its in Defoe's hands.

Guest firetotheworks

As hilarious as it would be, I don't think there's even the slightest chance that they'll sell him. If they did I think Moyes would walk as well, and rightly so.

Surely its a no brainer on Defoes side at least

Born like 2 miles from Upton Park, his boyhood (and youth) team want him for what will probably be his last contract in football.  Fucking hell if this was me & Newcastle and I was playing at like.. Swansea now I'd be handing my transfer request in ASAP

As hilarious as it would be, I don't think there's even the slightest chance that they'll sell him. If they did I think Moyes would walk as well, and rightly so.

Then Pardew takes over, gets them relegated along with Fat Sam and Palace, we go up as champions with Chrissy Hughton in 2nd place and everything's right with the world.

Like return of the jedi but with football and cunts and incest.