sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's a fair point over estimating Defoe's value. If I was Sunderland I wouldn't even sell for 30M. His goals have and will keep them up. With Swansea and Hull appointing new managers, they're going to need Defoe's goals. He's a good a player as they've ever had since winning promotion. If they were to hypothetically sell for 20/30M and reinvested it in a striker, there's no guarantee that a 30M striker would hit the ground running or chip in with more goals than Defoe. Dont replace Defoe and the relegation will cost you millions more than the money West Ham would pay.

West Ham need to look elsewhere because it would  be mental for both parties to work out a deal here.

Time for him to get unsettled and hand in a transfer request.

that or stay unhappy, knowing his wish is granted if they drop-  wont be hurting himself in the second half of the season.

Clear to all that they would be mad to let him go, but if he really wants to leave--and this may have unsettled him enough for this to be true--then as long as WH keep wanting and aren't using him as a patsy/option to negotiate with a preferred choice, then I think he will go.