sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest chopey

Sunderland fans are so sick of football right now but this time last year even though I knew we were going down I wasnt that bothered because I knew there was a good chance we would have Rafa in the Championship, the only bad point for this season is Ashleys refusal to sanction a January transfer to seal our promotion earlier than it will be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39558481

The BBC understands that Moyes was also involved in an angry exchange involving another female BBC reporter in December 2012.

Moyes, the manager of Everton at the time, is believed to have been unhappy with Jacqui Oatley's questions concerning an on-field incident missed by the referee, involving Marouane Fellaini. The then Everton midfielder headbutted Stoke's Ryan Shawcross and was subsequently banned for three matches by the FA for violent conduct.

After asking Moyes on-camera about the matter Oatley then posed two follow-up questions about the incident and the impact of losing Fellaini for a number of games due to a potential ban.

Moyes, looking irritated, replied: "Bad enough asking me about the first one never mind asking me another one. I've not seen the other stuff.

"It's down to the FA. I've answered your question and you've come back with another one."

The interview then ended but Moyes is understood to have angrily confronted Oatley over her questions off-camera, directing expletive-laden remarks towards her.

The exchange between Moyes and Oatley was not sexist in nature and it is believed there was no reference to the reporter's gender.

Oatley is believed to have complained to Everton's head of communications, who has since left the club, but allegedly failed to receive a call or letter in response.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39548793

Moyes has been very negative about the club's situation too, which is very unlike him. Right from the start, I got the sense he was unhappy with his situation.

The interview he gave after his side's defeat by Middlesbrough in August where he told fans to "expect a relegation battle" suggested to me that there was something else on the agenda, and maybe he was not getting the transfer funds he had been promised.

You could argue that Moyes was just being realistic, but he has not really done much to win the fans over with anything he has said, and that is the biggest difference between his situation and Rafael Benitez's at Newcastle when they went down last year.

There was a real positivity about Benitez when he was appointed in March 2016 and, at the end of the season, the fans were right behind him, saying the club had to persuade him to stay. They did, and they are reaping the rewards now.

I don't think there is anything like the same feeling towards Moyes on Wearside as there was towards Benitez on Tyneside.

When I listen to 606 on BBC Radio 5 live and hear Sunderland fans ringing in, there is no affection towards Moyes.

When I've gone to Black Cats games this season, I've not got the impression their supporters have any real confidence in him either.

Yeah, that's definitely the biggest difference. :lol:

To think, Ranieri is crying out for a job in England and would be the closest theyd get to a messiah to cling on to.    Hardly think about these now anyway, never mind their obvious struggle for mid table next year in the Sky Bet league.

funny how all the Groomers now think it will be great in the Champo all of a sudden isn't it  :lol:

how all of a sudden they will be better off and the will walk it, bring it on you c***s  :lol:

So obvious they would sharp change their tune when it was their turn.

11hrs without a goal, need 5 victories from their last 7 games, and some people still think they'll manage it?

More likely to lose all all 7 I'd say.

They've got a good run in bar Arsenal. 5 winnable games and if Chelsea are on holiday for the last game a possible free 3pts like they had last season with Everton.

when you're bottom having won 5 from 30 and not scored in 7 games and only scored in 1 from last 10 there's no such thing as winnable games. these other teams they are playing will look at them and see it as a winnable game for them

The only reason Moyes is still in a job is because they cant pay to get rid of him :lol:

Will be very interesting if he hasn't got any sort of relegation clauses in his contract. He could dig his heels in and stay.

He's unlikely to get another high paid gig after three awful failures in a row...even for the merry go round that's a tough ask. He'll stay until he gets his payoff as that'll be him off to retirement unless Scotland comes calling.

The only reason Moyes is still in a job is because they cant pay to get rid of him :lol:

Will be very interesting if he hasn't got any sort of relegation clauses in his contract. He could dig his heels in and stay.

He's unlikely to get another high paid gig after three awful failures in a row...even for the merry go round that's a tough ask. He'll stay until he gets his payoff as that'll be him off to retirement unless Scotland comes calling.

Celtic when Rodgers leaves.

Celtic when Rodgers leaves.

But we've all seen that in England, managers never die. Even their ghosts continue getting jobs, and if all else fails, onto the telly it is to shoot your gob off about how shit everyone else is!

just had a quick look, I think to get out the bottom 3 they need to win all their games til they play Hull  (6 May). they need Hull to lose all their games before this- then they need to beat Hull in that game, thats a massive ask that like.

Is their financial situation as bad as it's being made out ?

Yes and No. Like ours (but a bit worse) it depends on the bloke at the top being prepared to bankroll things. The worry they have is that Short will just decide to cut his losses and take administration or sell to a Venky, alternatively he finds a buyer who wnats to do well by the club, However it seems they are few and far between compared to the fly-by-nighters.

Is their financial situation as bad as it's being made out ?

Yes and No. Like ours (but a bit worse) it depends on the bloke at the top being prepared to bankroll things. The worry they have is that Short will just decide to cut his losses and take administration or sell to a Venky, alternatively he finds a buyer who wnats to do well by the club, However it seems they are few and far between compared to the fly-by-nighters.

Is the thinking then, that if Short stays as he can't find a buyer and he's not prepared to bank roll them. They're going to have to sell a lot of players and have no real chance of bouncing back straight away, as it'll be that bad for them they'll have to cut costs massively.

Which would be a real shame