sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I see Shearer said Big Sam has done a magnificent job keeping Sunderland up on MOTD last night. You'll quickly run out of superlatives if getting 30 games and a transfer window to secure 17th place is classed as "Magnificent".

He's done a very good job averaging 1.25 points per game. I'm happy with that, especially after his dealings in the transfer window.

I see Shearer said Big Sam has done a magnificent job keeping Sunderland up on MOTD last night. You'll quickly run out of superlatives if getting 30 games and a transfer window to secure 17th place is classed as "Magnificent".

He's done a very good job averaging 1.25 points per game. I'm happy with that, especially after his dealings in the transfer window.

And to be fair he'll probably deliver you that every single year max 48 points with the odd flirt with relegation.  If that is the limit of your ambition then great. Shoot for the moon, you might hit the ceiling, aim for the ceiling you will stay on the floor.  Allardyce is a guy with his aim firmly on the ceiling

Walrus head had 30 games in charge and you climbed 1 place. Get the champagne out if you finish above 17th next season.

We had 3 points from 9 games when Sam came in. We've averaged 1.25 points per game since he arrived. That kind of return would get you about 47 points for the season. I'd be more than happy with that.

Also his signings have been brilliant. Kirchoff for £750,000 is an absolute steal. Kone is a beast and Khazri has been immense. I understand why Newcastle fans slag off Allardyce, you deemed him not good enough, but for us he seems like a great fit because our expectations are less.

Trust me, if his signings had been of the ilk of cacapa, geremi and alan smith instead of the 3 you've name-checked your lot would be wanting to hang the fucker off that fake tyne bridge you've got!! Expectations wouldn't come into it!!

He's done a decent job there with his signings and getting the best out of Defoe, at Newcastle he was bloody awful. If you're comparing his record against Keegans in the same season it must also be taken into account that Allardyce had the easier run of fixtures as well as the benefit of a full summer and pre-season to get prepared.

My point was Shearer saying "magnificent". If what Big Samuel did was "magnificent" what words describe the job Claudio Ranieri did? Or even the likes of Bournemouth and Watford?

Genuinelly dont see how the mackems can advance to anything beyond 12th place under Fat sam. And they'll be having street parties if they do manage to get to the dizzy heights of 12th!

scums PL finishes: 18, 7, 7, 17, 20, 20, 15, 16, 13, 10, 13, 17, 14, 16, 17.

Genuinelly dont see how the mackems can advance to anything beyond 12th place under Fat sam. And they'll be having street parties if they do manage to get to the dizzy heights of 12th!

I don't know about street parties but I'll be more than happy with 12th for now.

By the way Newcastle's finishing positions over the last 10 years aren't anything to shout about either, especially as there are two relegations in there. Yes your expectations may be higher than ours because you have a better PL history, but I wouldn't raise them too high if the last decade is anything to go by. 

I don't know about street parties but I'll be more than happy with 12th for now.

By the way Newcastle's finishing positions over the last 10 years aren't anything to shout about either, especially as there are two relegations in there. Yes your expectations may be higher than ours because you have a better PL history, but I wouldn't raise them too high if the last decade is anything to go by. 

Saying this with a straight face like we haven't had some total dickwad sabotaging the club.

Guest ElCid

Surprised you don't just stay on your own SMB forum and reply to things about Newcastle as most of the threads on there are about us. Never seen such a bitter and more obsessed set of supporters than you lot - totally embarrassing.

Saying this with a straight face like we haven't had some total dickwad sabotaging the club.

The reason you've struggled is obvious, but he's still there. If I were a Newcastle fan I'd never be confident with him at the helm.

Keegan on Ashley 6 years ago

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-will-never-flourish-under-ashley-claims-keegan-2156729.html

Surprised you don't just stay on your own SMB forum and reply to things about Newcastle as most of the threads on there are about us. Never seen such a bitter and more obsessed set of supporters than you lot - totally embarrassing.

I quite like it here.

I do go on SMB, but tend to stay away from the Pure Football section most of the time, preferring the other forums. I don't know what you mean by totally embarrassing. Do you think I should be ashamed of the behaviour of people I have no control over?

Guest ElCid

I quite like it here.

I do go on SMB, but tend to stay away from the Pure Football section most of the time, preferring the other forums. I don't know what you mean by totally embarrassing. Do you think I should be ashamed of the behaviour of people I have no control over?

The majority of you fans are embarrassing, bitter and obsessed people whether you are ashamed or not makes no difference to me.

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking embarrassing this like.

Yep. Some people on here need to grow the fuck up and get a grip.

I quite like it here.

The majority of you fans are embarrassing, bitter and obsessed people whether you are ashamed or not makes no difference to me.

The irony.

I quite like it here.

:lol:  The irony is you're acting like someone off RTG.

Fucking hell. The discussion about it has always been from there end. First they called it Woolsington airport, then they realised hat technically their council owns more of it than Newcastle city council. There has been comments of them not using it and using Teesside and Manchester instead. Do Everton fans not use Liverpool airport because of the name? Do Villa fans not use Birmigham airport?

For what it is I think RTG is poor representation of Sunderland fans, just like ther are forums out there who are poor representation of our fans. I think he joke there is the people who go on it, rather than them being Mackems.

The Sunderland lads on here are decent craic.  Stupid to say otherwise and even more stupid to say they are all the same.  We have our fair share of bellends who if used as the benchmark for all Newcastle fans would not be a fair reflection