sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Walrus head had 30 games in charge and you climbed 1 place. Get the champagne out if you finish above 17th next season.

We had 3 points from 9 games when Sam came in. We've averaged 1.25 points per game since he arrived. That kind of return would get you about 47 points for the season. I'd be more than happy with that.

Also his signings have been brilliant. Kirchoff for £750,000 is an absolute steal. Kone is a beast and Khazri has been immense. I understand why Newcastle fans slag off Allardyce, you deemed him not good enough, but for us he seems like a great fit because our expectations are less.

Because he wasn't good enough. Performances and results for us proved that.

Good enough for what though? All depends on your aims and ambitions. If mere survival is enough then, yeah, he's probably going to be good enough. Push on and have a pop at Europe and winning things then he's probably not. It's relative.

Walrus head had 30 games in charge and you climbed 1 place. Get the champagne out if you finish above 17th next season.

We had 3 points from 9 games when Sam came in. We've averaged 1.25 points per game since he arrived. That kind of return would get you about 47 points for the season. I'd be more than happy with that.

Also his signings have been brilliant. Kirchoff for £750,000 is an absolute steal. Kone is a beast and Khazri has been immense. I understand why Newcastle fans slag off Allardyce, you deemed him not good enough, but for us he seems like a great fit because our expectations are less.

Because he wasn't good enough. Performances and results for us proved that.

Good enough for what though? All depends on your aims and ambitions. If mere survival is enough then, yeah, he's probably going to be good enough. Push on and have a pop at Europe and winning things then he's probably not. It's relative.

The way we were playing under him, survival certainly was assured for us. We were terrible.

f*** off with this expectations are less.

so what do you think our expectations are then?

Well considering in the last 20 years you've almost won the PL, been in the Champions League several times, and even finished 5th under Pardew, I suspect your expectations are higher than ours, and probably rightly so. Just like our expectations would be higher than many Championship clubs. If we had a period similar to what Newcastle have had in the last 20 years then I'd guess our expectations would be raised but at the minute I'm more than happy with Allardyce. 

The way we were playing under him, survival certainly was assured for us. We were terrible.

33.3% win percentage seems to suggest otherwise. Better than Keegan's second spell over a similar length of time.

http://i65.tinypic.com/34fmrf8.png

33.3% win percentage seems to suggest otherwise. Better than Keegan's second spell over a similar length of time.

Percentages don't tell the whole story. Under Keegan it always felt like we were improving and going forward. With FS it felt like we were stagnant and dull as f***.

Just having safety is boring. Football is meant to be entertaining and exciting. Keegan was exciting, FS was boring.

I can understand that, that's why I said you deemed him not good enough for you.

It took Keegan about 12 games to rid the team of Allardyce's stink.

Mackem mate is on his way back from Watford. They're currently stuck at York 'cos some of their fans have been drinking and singing on a dry train and have been lifted.

Apparently someone has now set off the alarm as well. Sounds like a hoot.

Yeah but the Rafa masks? Obsessed cunt.

Saw it fly over Washington as the boy (7) was going to a birthday party, must have been about HT.

Explained it to him and he just said "but...why?". Couldn't answer him. Still couldn't, no idea what they got out of it but there you go.

give it 20 years and the plane story will go, It flew alone at a squadron of toon fighter jets and managed to gun its way all the way fighting through every cloud to the ground.

I don't care if Rafa stays, they can have their gloat. I'm not being bitter either, I'd far rather be relegated and have Benitez in charge than be in the premier with Fat Sam. By the time we get back up we'll be miles better than them.

First you say you're not bothered if Rafa stays then your saying you'd rather be in the Championship with Benitez in charge  :lol:

It was Allardyce's signings which kept us up so I'm pretty confident he'll do a decent job for us. I'll be happy with mid table after the last few seasons.

Pardon my lack of punctuation. That should have read "I don't care.................... if Rafa stays, they can have their gloat. I'm not being bitter either, I'd far rather be relegated and have Benitez in charge than be in the premier with Fat Sam"

I mean it 100% as well. WE had Fat Sam at our club and so did West Ham. I doubt their supporters are too gutted that they got shot of the fat cunt either.

His overall win percentage yeah. Not those last couple of months though. The Derby County games. The Wigan away game. Fuck me!!!

Anyway, we don't want to just survive every season, a bit of excitement would be good. He'll suit you lot perfectly seeing the way yous are celebrating 4th bottom at the minute. Match made in heaven.

MOTD completely ignoring their expensive plane :lol:

And they're not happy.  Magedia, BBC producer is a mag etc etc

I honestly think it is their total irrelevance that kills them.  No one cares, if they were relegated no-one would care or laugh or gloat they are just a non-entity. We are a laughing stock because we have a profile and when it goes bad it's news. 

Pardon my lack of punctuation. That should have read "I don't care.................... if Rafa stays, they can have their gloat. I'm not being bitter either, I'd far rather be relegated and have Benitez in charge than be in the premier with Fat Sam"

I mean it 100% as well. WE had Fat Sam at our club and so did West Ham. I doubt their supporters are too gutted that they got shot of the fat c*** either.

O0

There was a West Ham fan on TalkSport yesterday praising Allardyce for his work there.

I mean it 100% as well. WE had Fat Sam at our club and so did West Ham. I doubt their supporters are too gutted that they got shot of the fat c*** either.

O0

There was a West Ham fan on TalkSport yesterday praising Allardyce for his work there.

I'm sure you'll find many more saying the opposite mind  :lol:

If a year ago I was asked if in at the start of the 2016/17 season we were in the Championship but managed by Rafa Benitez I'd have bit their fucking hand off :lol:

It's massively disappointing because we were probably a week too late of being in the Premiership with him, but (if he stays) we're still in a much stronger position than we were than with McClaren in charge and no light at the end of the tunnel.