sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just on the subject of Hippo Head and sorry if Giggs, but that's the third game in a row where they've lost a lead in the last seven minutes. That's against the hapless Palace, the hapless nufc, and Southampton who were down to 10 men.

For someone the press love to hype, that's very poor game management. Teams that throw points away get relegated.

Just on the subject of Hippo Head and sorry if Giggs, but that's the third game in a row where they've lost a lead in the last seven minutes. That's against the hapless Palace, the hapless nufc, and Southampton who were down to 10 men.

For someone the press love to hype, that's very poor game management. Teams that throw points away get relegated.

I was saying yesterday.  I would be fuming with him, if I were a sunderland fan (which thankfully, I am not).  They should have won that game.  Yet, they kept getting deeper and deeper and basically gave up on attacking towards the end of the game. 

If Mitro had scored ten minutes earlier and then didn't get knocked out.  I think we would have scored again and won.

Bit of a D'oh brain fade there, because it was them who equalized at the end of the Palace game, not Palace. They did score first though, so they have still lost a lead in their last three games, against Palace, us, and Southampton with ten men.

Standing talking to a sign writer, apparently he made a 'mag nifficent 7' banner for someone in the away end today, so f***ing glad we got that goal!

;D Really hope that's true.

So glad that run has ended. Gabbiadini was saying on Total Sport one night that if they got the 7th win, that would be a record that would probably never be broken. That was in response to Howey saying the other 6 wins were in the past, and Marco arguing that they were still relevant until the run was stopped. Lets see if he tries to spin it another way tomorrow.

The whole 6 in a row thing is somewhat flawed anyway, given that there are quite a few seasons where we have been in the top 6 in the Premiership and they've been in the division below (93-94, 94-95, 95-96, 03-04) - I think you'd back the NUFC teams of those years to get a fair few victories.

Been a few people on Twitter and Facebook saying it was embarassing that someone ran on the pitch to celebrate a 1-1 draw, didn't someone do the same when we drew 1-1 at their place and confront Steve Harper? Might be making it up but might have been the Gyan last minute goal or Demba Ba og

Been a few people on Twitter and Facebook saying it was embarassing that someone ran on the pitch to celebrate a 1-1 draw, didn't someone do the same when we drew 1-1 at their place and confront Steve Harper? Might be making it up but might have been the Gyan last minute goal or Demba Ba og

Yeah.  It was the Gyan goal, scored off his arse. 

Plus, I'm sure a few of their fans, seem to make it onto the pitch, every time they score against us. 

I quite happy with a draw as a defeat would have been unbearable, and I would have taken a draw before the game.

I'm sick of us not closing games out, and it's not all Allardyce's fault. He was telling the players to get further up the pitch but they seem to have a mindset which stops them doing it once we go ahead. We need to win a couple of games by two or more goals and they might start believing in themselves. If we don't we're down, simple as that.

To be honest I'll not be surprised if we both get relegated because the flaws of both teams were there to be seen yesterday. I was expecting you lot to be all over us in the first 20 minutes, what with a new manager, the crowd was noisy, and I thought the players would be up for it. I was surprised at how poor Newcastle started and we had much the better chances for long parts of the game.

It all depends on out games against Norwich now.......oh and Palace are not safe yet  :lol:

Wasn't a penalty, laters. Have a s*** day :thup:

It was a penalty

Nah, it wasn't

It was like.

(we on about the one at their place? Not a red, but def a pen)

I think the mackems look too good to go down like. It's easy to forget how horrific Norwich's form has been up to that one win too.

Incredible that the bloke who Mitro beat up yesterday has been charged with pitch invasion and handed a banning order.

Yet every year at Sunderland their supporters are allowed to walk on the pitch, have a run around, celebrate and abuse our players with absolutely no sanctions.

nah they dont do that man, never happened, a lie, the mackems say so  O0

Guest Roger Kint

Some morons on there saying its innocent until proven guilty, completely ignoring the fact he admitted his guilt to Margaret Byrne in 2015.

Unlike Cabral who was instantly sacked regardless of guilt, something they claimed couldnt happen. Wonder what the difference was......

Adrian Durham writing in the Daily Mail  :rolleyes:

As much as I despise Johnson, and to a lesser extent Byrne for what they did, Sunderland AFC haven't actually broke any FA rules. If they did I'm sure a top 'reporter' like Durham would have been able to find it. He's almost as bad in print as he is on his radio show.

You'd hope justice is done and Sunderland are relegated but life doesn't work that way. Probably Newcastle and Norwich will get Relegated while the pedo playing Sunderland stay up and rub our noses in it.

Aye if there's any justice the club who knowingly harboured a paedo with fans who cheered his crime would be relegated but chances are they'll finish in 17th place.

Unfortunately for these they don't play us every week, where they can target a player who has no business to be on the pitch never mind at left back.  Fabio Borini isn't going to be bullying anymore Premier League defenders for a while, if ever.  They are harder to beat but fail to do Sam's basic mantra - keep clean sheets, like us they can't win games and will be in it right until the end.   

Guest firetotheworks

Adrian Durham writing in the Daily Mail  :rolleyes:

As much as I despise Johnson, and to a lesser extent Byrne for what they did, Sunderland AFC haven't actually broke any FA rules. If they did I'm sure a top 'reporter' like Durham would have been able to find it. He's almost as bad in print as he is on his radio show.

I'm normally not one to disagree in this way, but Margaret Byrne (and therefore the club) knew that he had groomed and kissed a child. They rightly suspended him, but the reason I think that points should be deducted is because he was then unsuspected in order to gain a points advantage (in full knowledge of his guilt) - if the club has gained an advantage having known, then the club should be stripped of that advantage. That's my opinion on it, but that doesn't mean that I think it'll happen.

Away from football, and following the dreadful events of today, here's one positive bit of news in 'The War on Terror'.....sunderland man stabs a guy for looking like ISIS. In Tescos. With Scissors. Take that, twisted ideological take on Islam!

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/sunderland-thug-claimed-stabbing-asian-11075958

Life in sunderland.