sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IF we do beat them it will be all the sweeter to watch the bed wetting melt down on there. I don't ever remember being that cocksure of a win, even in our halcyon days, derby's aren't always won by the form team.

Not trying to stick up for them but if I were in their shoes I'd be very confident as well. They know how to get the better of us in this fixture and they have a team of grafters who will play out of their skin for this one off game whereas we have a team full of cowards (6 defeats out of 6 for Sissoko who will do another one if his disappearing acts when the tackles fly in). Added to that they have Defoe who only needs a sniff of the goal to hit the back of the net whilst we have Mitrovic who is more likely to get sent off than score. Add that to the luck they seem to carry against us and it all points to an away win.

NUFC 0-1 Beasts (Defoe)  :(

I don't even think we'll score against them (yet again).

Got this awful feeling we're going to get done by another dodgy refereeing decision against these again. Notice the ref for the last derby hasn't reffed a Newcastle match since. Looks like it's Martin Atkinson on Sunday.

Not trying to stick up for them but if I were in their shoes I'd be very confident as well. They know how to get the better of us in this fixture and they have a team of grafters who will play out of their skin for this one off game whereas we have a team full of cowards (6 defeats out of 6 for Sissoko who will do another one if his disappearing acts when the tackles fly in). Added to that they have Defoe who only needs a sniff of the goal to hit the back of the net whilst we have Mitrovic who is more likely to get sent off than score. Add that to the luck they seem to carry against us and it all points to an away win.

Cheer up for fucks sakes.  We've got Rafa Benitez and we're playing one of the worst teams in the league.  Every chance of getting a result.

The double standard comes in where rape is involved. Now again, the perpetrator is ultimately to blame, and should be caught and punished. But we live in a society in which it's unacceptable for anyone to suggest that maybe, just maybe, if a woman wants to reduce the risks, she shouldn't go out at night skimpily dressed and then get so smashed she barely knows where she is. Passing out in an alley with legs akimbo is the same as leaving your vehicle in a dodgy area with the door open and keys in the ignition. It's a crime for someone to take advantage, but don't give them something to take advantage of in the first place.

Incredible.

:???: :(

Got this awful feeling we're going to get done by another dodgy refereeing decision against these again. Notice the ref for the last derby hasn't reffed a Newcastle match since. Looks like it's Martin Atkinson on Sunday.

Cheer up for f***s sakes.  We've got Rafa Benitez and at the end of the day we're playing one of the worst teams in the league. 

One of the worst teams but they're still above us. Not only that but they've beat us 6 times in a row, albeit heavily paedo assisted so they don't really count for much. I think Rafa is a great manager but he can't physically go on the pitch and score the goals Mitrovic should be scoring or head away the crosses Taylor should be clearing.  I suppose we'll find out in just over 72 hours.

Cheer up for f***s sakes.  We've got Rafa Benitez and at the end of the day we're playing one of the worst teams in the league. 

One of the worst teams but they're still above us. Not only that but they've beat us 6 times in a row, albeit heavily paedo assisted so they don't really count for much. I think Rafa is a great manager but he can't physically go on the pitch and score the goals Mitrovic should be scoring or head away the crosses Taylor should be clearing.  I suppose we'll find out in just over 72 hours.

Aye, he's no Pardew.

Guest chicken little
One of the worst teams but they're still above us.

aye but rafa has come down the alley, closed wor legs, took the keys out the ignition, popped them in wor handbag for safekeeping, and put us in a cab home

i think this is how these metaphors work

Don't agree with that, like.  Put a finisher in our team and they were struggling to win the game, with their one shot on target.  It wasn't like they got a two goal cushion and then cruised.  Even though we didn't create loads of clear cut chances.  We had plenty of decent attacking situations, that we totally f***ed up. 

A finisher in the mould of Defoe, perhaps..........  This is why I'm so nervous.  The rest of your team, looks just as bad, if not worse than ours.  But you have a goal scorer, we don't  :hmm:

I've been saying that to my Newcastle mates for ages. If you had Defoe in your team you'd be nowhere near the bottom 3 even with McClaren in charge.

The double standard comes in where rape is involved. Now again, the perpetrator is ultimately to blame, and should be caught and punished. But we live in a society in which it's unacceptable for anyone to suggest that maybe, just maybe, if a woman wants to reduce the risks, she shouldn't go out at night skimpily dressed and then get so smashed she barely knows where she is. Passing out in an alley with legs akimbo is the same as leaving your vehicle in a dodgy area with the door open and keys in the ignition. It's a crime for someone to take advantage, but don't give them something to take advantage of in the first place.

Incredible.

Jesus fucking Christ :lol:

Why do we constantly play the occasion rather than the game in front of us?

Every single team in the league, including probably Villa would see Sunderland at home and say "we should get 3 points there".

They are dogshit, absolutely awful.

We've just employed one of the best managers available, have a much better squad and a home crowd to roar us on. There is simply no excuse for us not to beat these, if we lose then we deserve the shit we'll be in because you cannot stay up if you lose to these idiots.

Didn't we beat them 5 in a row before they started getting the better of us? That counted for nothing in the 6th game so what is stopping us from turning it around again? All good things come to an end, maybe it's time for us to get on top again.

Incredible.

Jesus Christ, that is so depressing in this day and age, but why am I not surprised? They redefined Fascism for DiCanio, hounded a child on social media for daring to be groomed and then sexually molested by their winger and now 'justifying' rape for yet another of their sexual miscreants.

and fwiw the whole 'blind drunk, short skirt legs akimbo' scenario? The vast majority of rapes are by someone the victim knows, or are even related to. But I guess that doesn't trouble these micro-brains, who by the sounds of it are still living in 1979.

TBF it's not specific to Sunderland, that attitude is everywhere unfortunately.

I don't doubt it, but my point was its an ongoing theme on Rapey To Groom. I worked for 5 years on 'Doxy' park and whilst most mackems were sound there was a pervading sense of 'take me as you find me, i don't mince my words and I say what I think'. Which whilst often a refreshingly honest attitude, came across all too often as bigoted, prejudiced and woefully out of touch.

Didn't we beat them 5 in a row before they started getting the better of us? That counted for nothing in the 6th game so what is stopping us from turning it around again? All good things come to an end, maybe it's time for us to get on top again.

Us having a team full of cowards who fold at the first sign of having to roll their sleeves up and battle is the main thing stopping us. We still have a core of players here who have failed to turn up time and time again against these. I hope they prove me wrong but I doubt it.