sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They have picked up on some table about attendances showing that by capacity we are 6th largest, or best attended club in Europe.  Could even be the world but, I would settle for Europe.  They are justifying it by telling each other that the reason our average attendance is ~49k is simply because we have to play more games in a season than they do.  One of the special fella's over there figured out that our, remember, average attendance is 20% higher than it should be because we play 20% more games than they do.

Figure that one out if you possibly can....

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/newcastle-united-top-6-in-the-world.1284008/

They have picked up on some table about attendances showing that by capacity we are 6th largest, or best attended club in Europe.  Could even be the world but, I would settle for Europe.  They are justifying it by telling each other that the reason our average attendance is ~49k is simply because we have to play more games in a season than they do.  One of the special fella's over there figured out that our, remember, average attendance is 20% higher than it should be because we play 20% more games than they do.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/newcastle-united-top-6-in-the-world.1284008/

Read through it all and not one of them has mentioned average attendance :lol:

I don't think the article from the MAG is embarrassing  to be honest, it takes a table that was published showing Europes football teams and their average attendance across the season then, quite rightly, remarks how incredible it is that we achieve such a high rank.

The word average is used in the article several times, for any mackems reading that means the total number of seats sold divided by the number of games played.  The simple fact that average is overlooked by a few mackem posters who seem to think that we are on that chart only by virtue of the fact that we play more games over a season is what is really embarrassing, for them anyway!

I read that earlier and had to click off it as I couldn't for the life of me work out what the hell they were on about with their calculations. #mackematics

I don't think the article from the MAG is embarrassing  to be honest, it takes a table that was published showing Europes football teams and their average attendance across the season then, quite rightly, remarks how incredible it is that we achieve such a high rank.

The word average is used in the article several times, for any mackems reading that means the total number of seats sold divided by the number of games played.  The simple fact that average is overlooked by a few mackem posters who seem to think that we are on that chart only by virtue of the fact that we play more games over a season is what is really embarrassing, for them anyway!

http://i.imgur.com/N5FUjmH.png

That bit is cringey as anything, and that's what they're rightfully laughing at. If it was them we'd be creasing.

EDIT: We are only on the top chart (in 6th) because of the amount of games we play, there was really no need to include that part into the article, but they went one step further and dedicated the title and sub-title to it.

Guest Howaythetoon

All you need to know about these lot is that during the nonce's trial when it was evident he really was a nonce, mackems from lads to grown men and teenage girls were walking around mackem land with AJ tops on. True story.

Not sure if serious...

Amount of games we play is irrelevant to the average attendance isn't it?  The headline states a fact, in that table we have the 6th highest AVERAGE attendance of all the clubs measured.

From that thread, bottom of first page, the seemingly brain-damaged 'Bear' posits an interesting question. On the latest of many, many, many threads about attendances on rapey to groom....

Does any other clubs fans go on about attendances like these dozy bastards ?

Had to stop reading there, the combination of bitterness, idiocy and crashing lack of self-awareness started to make me question reality itself.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't think their attendances should be laughed at mind because they have never been a 40k+ supported club and given how much crap they too have suffered and just how poor their history has been they still pull in decent crowds for me. I wont knock the club giving away free tickets either. They should have capped the capacity of the sol to 30K or something.

Not sure if serious...

Amount of games we play is irrelevant to the average attendance is it?

Aye, but it's entirely relevant to the total attendance, which is what the first 2/3s of that article is about.

The total attendance figure in the table is the number of people who attended our games divided by the number of games, hence we have an average total attendance of just under 50k people for the time period they took the measurement from.  That then translates to a percentage of the total available seats for that same period vs. the amount we sold.

It is not just the number of people who came to all of our games added up...

Not sure if serious...

Amount of games we play is irrelevant to the average attendance isn't it?  The headline states a fact, in that table we have the 6th highest AVERAGE attendance of all the clubs measured.

We don't have the 6th highest average attendance though. You are the one not getting it, not them

Not sure if serious...

The average table further down the page has us in 13th. The 6th place is as a total, not an average.

I can't remember this much dribbling obsession about our attendances in years previous. It's getting proper cringeworthy.

Not sure if serious...

Aye, but it's entirely relevant to the total attendance, which is what the first 2/3s of that article is about.

The total attendance figure in the table is the number of people who attended our games divided by the number of games, hence we have an average total attendance of just under 50k people for the time period they took the measurement from.  That then translates to a percentage of the total available seats for that same period vs. the amount we sold.

I'm not sure what's happening here. The first table - where we're 6th (with 1,146,044) - is the total projected tickets sold for the season. Average seats isn't brought into it.

That's what they've based most of the article on.

I don't think their attendances should be laughed at mind because they have never been a 40k+ supported club and given how much crap they too have suffered and just how poor their history has been they still pull in decent crowds for me. I wont knock the club giving away free tickets either. They should have capped the capacity of the sol to 30K or something.

Agree, their attendances are very decent given that they have also had to suffer utter crap on the pitch for decades.  However, their average is a little further back down the list as compared to ours,  that was never the point.  The reason I made the post was that they missed the fact that it was the average attendance which factors in the number of games played, they seemed to think it was just the number of games we play that made us so high up the list....

Agree, their attendances are very decent given that they have also had to suffer utter crap on the pitch for decades.  However, their average is a little further back down the list as compared to ours,  that was never the point.  The reason I made the post was that they missed the fact that it was the average attendance which factors in the number of games played, they seemed to think it was just the number of games we play that made us so high up the list....

It literally says beside the table which you think is our average, 23 * 49k. That is not average

Not sure if serious...

I'm not sure what's happening here. The first table - where we're 6th (with 1,146,044) - is the total projected tickets sold for the season. Average seats isn't brought into it.

That's what they've based most of the article on.

You know what....  you are right.  red face!  I see what you are saying and what I was saying is slightly different.  I was only talking about the average bit while you had the first bit (which was the article headline) in your mind.  Sorry mate... 

Aye, they're right :lol:

EDIT: BINGO! :thup: :lol: we all have these days like

They seem to have hundreds of threads about attendances. Some time last week they had separate ones about themselves, us and Boro running at the same time.  Needless to say after allowing for seasonal adjustments, life expectancy, the North Sea etc and disregarding thousands of free tickets they all decided that they had the best support by far.

They seem to have hundreds of threads about attendances. Some time last week they had separate ones about themselves, us and Boro running at the same time.  Needless to say after allowing for seasonal adjustments, life expectancy, the North Sea etc and disregarding thousands of free tickets they all decided that they had the best support by far.

Don't forget the County Durham Mag glory hunters. Even Newcastle fans from parts of Durham closer to Newcastle than Sunderland are Keegan bandwagon jumpers.

In summary no Newcastle fans lives in County Durham before 1992. None at all.