sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Diddling kids isn't worth talking about when the club played said diddler while knowing facts about the case.. but talk smack to a female journalist/reporter and that's when the club have gone too far!?

Priorities eh! Pure madness

I'm sorry, but that is a completely fucking retarded comment.

The Johnson case received enormous press. The morally reprehensible fact that the mackems decided to play Johnson received wide condemnation. So to say it wasn't "worth talking about" is a flat out lie.

Hope's article makes exactly the point that the current Moyes sexism scandal "do[es] not warrant any comparison with the unrepentant Johnson", which is exactly what your comment implies is happening.

Hope also aims his spray at Sunderland not merely because of Moyes' comments, but because the club knew about it but "were happy for the whole affair to be swept under the carpet."

If you think Moyes' comments weren't sexist, then I ask you this: would you tell a man you would slap him? If you say yes, I'm calling bullshit, because slapping is exclusively used as a threat (or action) against people weaker than yourself (usually women or children).

Secondly, "even if you are a woman" implies that women in the workplace should be treated differently - and in the workplace this should never be the case.

And if you don't see either of those two points, and throw your hands in the air and say "PC gone mad", then you are part of the reason cases like this need to be highlighted.

He's bang out of order and needs holding to account. For all the distraction surrounding the gender of the reporter and whether he was joking, essentially he has threatened a reporter on camera. Surely we can agree that isn't acceptable?

He's bang out of order and needs holding to account. For all the distraction surrounding the gender of the reporter and whether he was joking, essentially he has threatened a reporter on camera. Surely we can agree that isn't acceptable?

:thup: I think it's daft that sex is even brought up tbh.

:thup: I think it's daft that sex is even brought up tbh.

With all the dinosaurs floating about in football, I think it compounds a culture of sexism which a female reporter faces to have a Premier League manager making a threat, waggish or not, to a woman.

I think I'd agree if he didn't draw specific reference to her gender in said threat.

Not especially fussed to argue the semantics :lol: Hopefully everyone can agree Sunderland should be punished by having him see out the season as manager anyway.

Racist, women beating, paedo lovers.

Anymore to add the to the list for the mackems.

Hoaxers. 

Racist, women beating, paedo loving , hoaxers...

"Everybodys talkin' bout POP music...."

:lol:

Even though I believe it's been a total hyperbole reaction, it is a sexist remark like.

"Even if you are a woman..."

"Even if you are a black man..."

"Even if you are a frail old person..."

Each one of them comments is drawing specific reference to someone's protected characteristic and the use of "even if" suggests that this person is inferior. Each of these comments should be treated in the same manner (sexist, racist, ageist) and you just cant say these things.

Unless the lass comes forward and explains that it was a joke between them both, he should certainly get some sort of punishment for it. I just hope he doesn't get sacked, as he's doing a great job at the minute.

How ridiculous...

I cannot even be arsed to delve into how stupid this is as there is simply no getting it through to some people. It's playground stuff almost.

I think it's already been mentioned but the fact he says it to a reporter is the issue. Everyone is focusing on the sexism. If he would have said it to a man but not a woman is that not equally as sexist?

It was a silly thing to say but it's only getting any traction because the reporter was a woman. That in itself is sexist reporting, surely. Or is this the same as when Black people call one another the N word?

Modern hysteria over trivial shit...To think this was getting more news than the bomb or whatever in Russia on certain stations or tabloids. WTF is going on with people.

Even though I believe it's been a total hyperbole reaction, it is a sexist remark like.

"Even if you are a woman..."

"Even if you are a black man..."

"Even if you are a frail old person..."

Each one of them comments is drawing specific reference to someone's protected characteristic and the use of "even if" suggests that this person is inferior. Each of these comments should be treated in the same manner (sexist, racist, ageist) and you just cant say these things.

Unless the lass comes forward and explains that it was a joke between them both, he should certainly get some sort of punishment for it. I just hope he doesn't get sacked, as he's doing a great job at the minute.

How is he suggesting she's inferior?

Really strange how the press never really took the club and it's management to task about the way they handled the Johnson situation where an under age victim was abused, but see fit to make a huge song and dance about something as trivial as this.

possibly couldnt about AJ for legal reasons?

Not really. Well not after the verdict anyway.

It was said that they were shown police evidence early in the proceedings but chose to carry on playing him.

After the verdict they released a statement pretty much saying they would be making no further comment and Byrne took a fall.

Thereafter the press and the FA hardly asked a question about who actually knew what or why they continued playing him despite the weight of the allegations.

Them now making a huge thing of what was essentially an ill advised off the cuff remark seems rather strange in comparison.

Guest firetotheworks

Honestly can't get over the reaction to this. The desperation to be offended is probably my biggest hate in today's world.

:lol:

See, from my perspective it's people's overreactions and desperation to be offended about daft, trivial shite, that undermines stuff like this. It doesn't have to be life and death, like. You can't go around telling anyone in public, let alone women that you'll give them a slap, man, howeh. :lol: It doesn't mean I think he meant it, but he's apologised so obviously he's realised it was a daft slip of the tongue.

Guest reefatoon

I'm actually just going to wait until sassy women have had their say on the matter. They'll tell me what to think.

I'm waiting to hear what savvywoman have to say myself. Sassy women probably would have sparked him out.