sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it the reporter in question that's laughing? If so it's clearly ill-advised and little more. Obviously as someone in the public eye he should know much better but let's not pretend it's anything other than inappropriate.

Aye I think it is. Thought it started off quite jokey then he kept going with it and just ending up sounding like an absolute creep  :lol:

Like a David Brent joke tbh.

Massive overreaction to it upon viewing the video.

The alleged victim of the threat is laughing all the way through.

laughing nervously?

While Moyes stands over her, ready to swipe with back of his well primed Glaswegian hand.

You shouldn't speak to people like that, and he rightly is getting stick for it. Some odd comments in here. He obviously wasn't being serious, but that isn't really the point.

Guest neesy111

If they go down, thats been their golden years.

10 years in the top flight, a cup final, 7 relegation fights. not a sniff of Europe

granted the derby wins give them that- thats it their golden era.

Just remember we had the Keegan era, the Robson years, 100+ games in Europe.

Honestly you should actually rad up on their history, it's f***ing nowhere near their golden years tbf.

And you want to read up on ours if you think that's our golden years.... cp40 was obviously comparing recent history.

Not like Nessy to be chatting s***.

You are obsessed with my posts.  But carry on.

I'm beginning to get obsessed with your posts as well. The contradiction in "I never liked Rafa!" and "KK, SBR years don't count as success as only trophies should!" needs some serious mental gymnastics.

Well i just look at things differently.

I personally don't like many managers.  Wenger is the one that really irks me and don't get love in for him.

For me if you should judge success on trophies like across all sports.  I'm a firm believer that support doesn't make a big club at all.  It's an excuse for when well supported clubs are doing crap/shit to brag about imo.  Eventually big support should lead you to success though.

Expecting a lynching from this post....

Guest neesy111

They are playing as the first item of 5live sport reports now.

Any publicity is good publicity.

10 years in the top flight, a cup final, 7 relegation fights. not a sniff of Europe

Honestly you should actually rad up on their history, it's f***ing nowhere near their golden years tbf.

And you want to read up on ours if you think that's our golden years.... cp40 was obviously comparing recent history.

I'm beginning to get obsessed with your posts as well. The contradiction in "I never liked Rafa!" and "KK, SBR years don't count as success as only trophies should!" needs some serious mental gymnastics.

I personally don't like many managers.  Wenger is the one that really irks me and don't get love in for him.

For me if you should judge success on trophies like across all sports.  I'm a firm believer that support doesn't make a big club at all.  It's an excuse for when well supported clubs are doing crap/shit to brag about imo.  Eventually big support should lead you to success though.

everything is relative like, we're 2 clubs right next to each other and someone was comparing the fact that in our respective PL periods one team has played over 100 times in europe, genuinely challenged for the league and played in 2 fa cup finals, the other has had 1 cup final and fought relegation the rest of the time

the fact neither have won trophies is pointless in that context as if either had won one then they'd automatically be the more 'successful'

can't understand why you brought it up other than to carry on being contrary :lol:

There are many ways to judge success, not just trophies. A club with a sustained top-flight presence, which goes on cup runs once in a while, threatens or partakes in the European places once in a while, with a large, loyal, engaged supporter base (and one that's always growing) is, for me, a far more successful club than, say, someone doing a Leicester and fucking off down the divisions. Or Wigan.

This story has suddenly gotten very big. Everyone's leading with it, tweeting about it etc. Moyes is lucky that Short - for some reason - really wants to stick with him.

Or does he?

Short has been criticised for changing managers too often, and many were/are saying Moyes deserves time even if they do go down ("not all his fault"... "didn't have full summer with squad".... "bad luck with injuries"... Yada yada).

They are going down with very little fight, and this little video clip (leaked a fortnight after it happened) may give him the ammo to fire him for non-football related issues.

So he's basically joked that he might slap someone? I do wonder whether the cult of political correctness gone mad recognises that their ott 'you can't even say that anymore' protestations actually result in these things becoming stories.

not just "someone" - he jokes that he might slap a women who was just doing her her job. she hadnt been rude. just pushed moyes a little bit.

we complain when reporters give managers an easy ride - surely they should be able to ask them difficult questions, or to justify their actions without the threat (joke or otherwise) of being hit.

dont think we'd put up with it if it was said to our partners at work.

Isn't this comparable to the working people here, threatening to slap a customer next time if they question/ complain to them- can you imagine what your employer would do.

Guest neesy111

So he's basically joked that he might slap someone? I do wonder whether the cult of political correctness gone mad recognises that their ott 'you can't even say that anymore' protestations actually result in these things becoming stories.

not just "someone" - he jokes that he might slap a women who was just doing her her job. she hadnt been rude. just pushed moyes a little bit.

we complain when reporters give managers an easy ride - surely they should be able to ask them difficult questions, or to justify their actions without the threat (joke or otherwise) of being hit.

dont think we'd put up with it if it was said to our partners at work.

Spot on.

This tells me the pressure he's under tbh, losing again and he's tried to relieve it with a very very poor joke.

Mourinho's the same, he snapped at the first question the reporter give him.  Can tell he's feeling the pressure as them not qualifying in the top 4 is complete failure for man utd and got their previous manager the sack.