sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes IS on #SAFC's shortlist - as is Paul Lambert.

Paul Lambert :lol:

Guess Moyes is helping find the replacement then, with a shortlist of scotsmen.

Must think its like when Fergie wanted him to take over at Man Utd.  :lol:

Guaranteed that slug head is going back to the mackems, it'll be unfinished business for him and he was loved there. It's a bit dodgy mind, essentially Moyes resigning and then him resigning shortly after, is there such a thing as tapping up a manager? I mean if he quits Palace then they get no compo so something would have to be afoot surely? I guess in the grand scheme of things slug head would probably be happier with a northern club, I doubt he's particularly favoured by Palace fans even after keeping them in the league and before he left the mackems he was doing a reasonable job of keeping them safe in the Prem, essentially it was his sort of club and they went well together, hell he even helped cover up their beloved paedo's misdemeanours!

Absolutely no chance.

He left Palace due to lack of funds, and they literally haven't got a pot to piss in.

Genuinely didn't even know who McInnes was and had to Google him when I saw him linked.

Same, you never know but looks like a huge reach if he is their man.

I wonder how long it's going to take them to appoint, they should absolutely take their time an appoint the right man but the clock is ticking and there is a huge job to do there, it's not just a few little tweaks. They've firstly got to decide who they want to retain, then start to move their limited saleable assets on in the hope to find some funding for signings. I'm pretty sure clubs are already starting to talk to the PL clubs about the better loan players, they need to get in line now. Take your time Sunderland :)

If Monk goes to the paedos he'll surely be taking a step down - at least his Leeds team knew what to expect in the (as we now know, inherently winnable) pub league and were pretty close to a play-off berth. He would be taking on a team(?) with no motivation, very little ability and a bunch of absolute cretins in the stand ready to chuck their wads of free tickets at him after his second home defeat.

As For McInnes? Meh, *shrug* go for it, who cares.

Not sure Monk's stock has fallen low enough for him to be that desperate and take the mackem job.

Guarantee it'll be a rookie (Giggs, Sewper Kev, Bally) or a naff, uninspiring has-been (Lambert, Curbishley, Pards etc)

I'd love to see them go back for Brewce, would be fantastic.