sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wish we didn't have mongs that would do the exact same thing if the position was reversed.

We don't like. Seen them relegated countless times, no big deal. Would have seen plenty more if we hadn't got ourselves in the habit of giving them points every time we play.

Wish we didn't have mongs that would do the exact same thing if the position was reversed.

We don't like. Seen them relegated countless times, no big deal. Would have seen plenty more if we hadn't got ourselves in the habit of giving them points every time we play.

Actually we would have seen 1 relegation from them. They would never have had the squad good enough to come back up, for the last few years their player who would have been good enough at that level have been out of contract, and others have been loans. It's only since they signed Defoe have they managed to get players good enough for that level who would have been under contract.

I have just seen highlights from after their match last night. How can they be so happy and overjoyed at finishing 17th!? Yes they have stayed up, but they are still shite.

I have just seen highlights from after their match last night. How can they be so happy and overjoyed at finishing 17th!? Yes they have stayed up, but they are still shite.

Because we're below them.

North East Top Dogs is one of the country's most prestigious trophies, narrowly beating their Friendly Handshake cup with Norwich.

Actually we would have seen 1 relegation from them. They would never have had the squad good enough to come back up, for the last few years their player who would have been good enough at that level have been out of contract, and others have been loans. It's only since they signed Defoe have they managed to get players good enough for that level who would have been under contract.

Fair points, I meant it more in terms of escalation. We certainly have taken the high road in the past. I think someone would have done the plane thing if the Mackems had gone down though in retaliation. Ashley is certainly creating a new generation of fans. 

Shows how much of a small-time club they are that they are so obsessed with bettering their local 'rival' (and I use that term with distaste) team. The quality thing for me is that if the roles were reversed the media wouldn't make anywhere near as much of it... because they're smaller than us and not expected to do well. Us going down is a shock to the league, if it was them people would be very 'meh'.

Guest Open_C
[emoji38] if they can get theirselves all excited about not getting higher than 17th all season then good on 'em. I'd rather have ambition in the Championship than be routinely utterly abysmal in the Prem but better than Newcastle lol, although that ambition is obviously not a given [emoji38]

Our fanbase has changed quite significantly since the days of them getting relegated, like.

Did we do that for any of their relegations? Or indeed something lower profile but still sad as hell, like drape a banner over the wear bridge?

I imagine like me most just shrugged our shoulders and got on with it, as a mackem relegation was - and still would be - something totally run of the mill.

Honestly if our fans hired a plane it would be one of our most cringeworthy episodes a a fanbase. It's one thing to laugh at them (which we should)  but to actually go to that effort? Not in my lifetime.

Did we do that for any of their relegations? Or indeed something lower profile but still sad as hell, like drape a banner over the wear bridge?

I imagine like me most just shrugged our shoulders and got on with it, as a mackem relegation was - and still would be - something totally run of the mill.

Honestly if our fans hired a plane it would be one of our most cringeworthy episodes a a fanbase. It's one thing to laugh at them (which we should)  but to actually go to that effort? Not in my lifetime.

its not even funny second time round, let them waste their money, idiots

I really don't have a problem with them milking this situation for all it's worth, just doesn't really concern me in the slightest because they are such an irrelevance their opinion of us matters very very little to me. Enjoy it Mackems, have your day in the sun, you still live in a shithole, have the most retarded fanbase in football and are just a completely pointless club. That'll not change because we went down and you reached the giddy heights of 17th, there will still be more column inches dedicated to our club than yours next season, still more reason for that chip on your shoulder to grow further, congrats to you.

The Mrs just told me that the Penshaw monument is going to be lit up red and white to commemorate the achievement. This can't be real life? :lol:

Yep, they actually did this. They celebrated not getting relegated like this. Just let that sink in.

http://i.imgur.com/SP3FDMa.png

I'm surprised that people are surprised at all of this, it means everything to them man  :lol:  Effectively to them, this is like winning the treble.  I'd be shocked if they weren't looking to organise a plane.