sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can safely see them being top 10 next season. Big Sam could be their Peter Ried.

Sometimes it's not the best idea to post the first thing that pops into your head.

Really can't see that.  I think for the first time in ages, they won't be in a relegation battle for 30 odd games.  But they're not breaking the top ten any time soon. 

From what I could tell.  Towards the end of the season, Allardyce went with 3 holding midfielders and was relying on Borini and Khazri to create something and Defoe to keep scoring.  Which in fairness, he did.  Is that a formula to use for an entire season?  It sounds similar to Pardew, TBH.  Considering how negative his football is.  Their defensive record was still pretty bad.  Hardly kept any clean sheets if memory serves. 

Allardyce is what he is.  A prehistoric, arrogant fuck.  Who thinks he is some sort of genius.  When in reality, he's a land whale, that plays God awful football.  He'll comfortably see you to lower-mid table.  If that's the height of your ambition, then great.  But surely sunderland eventually want more than that?  I think the fans will grow tired of his dross and he'll move on after a short while. 

When everyone told me last time we went down.  We would have stayed up if we kept hold of him for longer.  Well, I'd rather take relegation.  His Newcastle team, was as bad to watch as Souness'.  He spent a fair bit and all.  Pretty much all on shite.

From what I could tell.  Towards the end of the season, Allardyce went with 3 holding midfielders and was relying on Borini and Khazri to create something and Defoe to keep scoring.  Which in fairness, he did.  Is that a formula to use for an entire season?  It sounds similar to Pardew, TBH.  Considering how negative his football is.  Their defensive record was still pretty bad.  Hardly kept any clean sheets if memory serves. 

Allardyce is what he is.  A prehistoric, arrogant f***.  Who thinks he is some sort of genius.  When in reality, he's a land whale, that plays God awful football.  He'll comfortably see you to lower-mid table.  If that's the height of your ambition, then great.  But surely sunderland eventually want more than that?  I think the fans will grow tired of his dross and he'll move on after a short while. 

When everyone told me last time we went down.  We would have stayed up if we kept hold of him for longer.  Well, I'd rather take relegation.  His Newcastle team, was as bad to watch as Souness'.  He spent a fair bit and all.  Pretty much all on s****.

I've always thought he was cupable in part for our eventual relegation.  Look at the players he left us with - Smith, Viduka, Geremi to name three.  All too slow and mostly past their best as well as being on big wages and long contracts which I think also helped create Ashley's flawed transfer blueprint.

Allardyce is what he is.  A prehistoric, arrogant f***.  Who thinks he is some sort of genius.  When in reality, he's a land whale, that plays God awful football.  He'll comfortably see you to lower-mid table.  If that's the height of your ambition, then great.  But surely sunderland eventually want more than that?  I think the fans will grow tired of his dross and he'll move on after a short while. 

When everyone told me last time we went down.  We would have stayed up if we kept hold of him for longer.  Well, I'd rather take relegation.  His Newcastle team, was as bad to watch as Souness'.  He spent a fair bit and all.  Pretty much all on s****.

By the end they were pretty good defensively, only lost 4 times since the turn of the year.  Kone was an excellent buy

By the end they were pretty good defensively, only lost 4 times since the turn of the year.  Kone was an excellent buy

Were they, or was it just a case of more bodies back gives the impression?

I think any team could "look good defensively" playing 7-2-0-1

Were they, or was it just a case of more bodies back gives the impression?

I think any team could "look good defensively" playing 7-2-0-1

Well, yeah.  They went from dog s*** to being tough to beat and picked up points along the way. 

Yeah, he certainly was.  We needed a bruiser like him all season.  Should have got Lascelles in the team earlier than we did. 

Fair point on the defensive front.  I was thinking solely clean sheets.  As I think they hardly had any, considering how negative they were. 

Aye. I'm not an advocate of Allardyce btw, just the facts are there to see with Sunderland 2nd half of the season.  I agree that it probably isn't a sustainable way of playing over a season either

In their situation, it was probably the right way to go.  They just about got out of it, by playing that way.  So I guess it's hard to argue against it. 

I just don't see how he can get away with that for 38 games?  The fans will get restless, you're relying on nicking a goal and then defending for the rest of the game (sounds familiar, right).  If you go a goal down early, you're fucked.  If your goalscorer or 'moment of magic man' goes down injured, you're fucked.  I can't see how they will get away with playing like that all season. 

Thing is they've been distracted in the last 3 or 4 years by the Derby results and now us being relegated.

Now they'll have to focus more on how they play and what they want out of life - it'll be interesting to see how they react especially given the inevitable godawful football.

Still can't get over the lack of criticism of their handling of the Johnson case which effectively kept them up.

Suspended.

Team Struggles

Back in the fold.

Prison time.

Yeah, no conflict of interest there at all.

They should be heralding Margeret Byrne and not Allardyce as it was her taking the bullet and risking AJ that kept them up.

I was having the debate about Johnson with someone who I thought was a sensible mackem.  He's a maths teacher (mackematics :lol: ) and a pretty level headed guy.  Even he was trying to say that it was only Byrne that knew and didn't seem to think the club had done too much wrong. 

Surely the people that think this.  Are just lying to themselves, to make themselves feel better? 

I just don't see how he can get away with that for 38 games?  The fans will get restless.... I can't see how they will get away with playing like that all season. 

I think you're forgetting about who we're talking about here... While they deride us as the 'bedsheet brigade' forever booing mediocrity and 'hounding out' idiot managers stealing a living, they're just happy to be at the party. While other clubs aspire to something, top 10, top 5 Champions League etc, the mackems see this attitude as 'deluded'. They've nailed their feet to the bottom rung for several years now, and they seem more than happy with it. Just look at their town centre man, if that doesn't lower your expectations, nothing will.

Surely the people that think this.  Are just lying to themselves, to make themselves feel better

Yep, same with the whole DiCanio thing. They've got previous.

I've seen this several times on Facebook;

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160526/19bbc659e51a4fe7249ffddca2eda476.jpg

So I've been replying to the twerps with this!

In those matches;

Di Canio;

P 7

W 2

D 2

L 3

GD -3

Points per game 1.14

Rafa;

P 10

W 3

D 4

L 3

GD +4

Points per game 1.3

You have to thank the ineptness of the teams around you for di Canio being a so-called 'success'! Clowns!

Tbf by writing all of that you're biting. Just ignore it and enjoy next season

at least Defoe has been called up for the Soccer Aid squad  :lol:

Presumably this is a reference to him not being picked for England. Some of us are quite pleased he's not in the England squad. After years of seeing players from the 'top clubs' being picked, regardless of form, I gave up watching my national team.

If Defoe played for Man U and Rashford was playing for us, Jermain would be with England and Rashford would be on his jollies.