sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

I don’t think anyone could go there and do much better, they are at that stage right now. He was daft to take that job on given his stock after what he’s done with Wales. Hopefully it will finish him because he’s another shitty British manager stealing a living at managing a football club.

I think Coleman started to believe the hype about himself because he did well with the national team and thought he could take that back to a club side, when in reality if you look at his Wales results with/without Bale it's just that he had one of the best players in the world to call upon a lot of the time who could change games single-handedly.

I'm not remotely surprised to see that he's not going to replicate those kind of results at Sunderland.

I think Coleman started to believe the hype about himself because he did well with the national team and thought he could take that back to a club side, when in reality if you look at his Wales results with/without Bale it's just that he had one of the best players in the world to call upon a lot of the time who could change games single-handedly.

I'm not remotely surprised to see that he's not going to replicate those kind of results at Sunderland.

cewkie is top class marra

Short is a chronically bad owner like. Sack that old woman, fair enough, then replace with a Welshman fair enough. Then not even not give him a penny to spend but then let him lose all his strikers without reply. Christ.

Out Ashleying Ashley by mistake.

I think he's just decided the club won't get another penny from him after he's poured hundreds of millions in it to try and raise their profile, only to find that the people he entrusted with his money turned out to be charlatans. Not sure you can blame him much for their current plight when the only reason they were even in the Premier League for the last decade was because he was footing the bill that allowed them to live far beyond their means. He's finally had enough and is trying to recoup as much as he can. Where the comparison with Ashley fails is that Short tried and failed miserably at his own expense, whereas Ashley never even tried and has just been a leach to this club and its potential but will walk away with a very tidy profit if indeed he ever walks.

Short is a chronically bad owner like. Sack that old woman, fair enough, then replace with a Welshman fair enough. Then not even not give him a penny to spend but then let him lose all his strikers without reply. Christ.

I think he's just decided the club won't get another penny from him after he's poured hundreds of millions in it to try and raise their profile, only to find that the people he entrusted with his money turned out to be charlatans. Not sure you can blame him much for their current plight when the only reason they were even in the Premier League for the last decade was because he was footing the bill that allowed them to live far beyond their means. He's finally had enough and is trying to recoup as much as he can. Where the comparison with Ashley fails is that Short tried and failed miserably at his own expense, whereas Ashley never even tried and has just been a leach to this club and its potential but will walk away with a very tidy profit if indeed he ever walks.

Makes no sense sacking Grayson though. Might as well have used the compo as wages and fees for loan or something instead.

Makes no sense sacking Grayson though. Might as well have used the compo as wages and fees for loan or something instead.

I doubt he was expecting them to be bottom of the Championship and looking like going down again, but I agree from a financial perspective replacing Grayson with Coleman would have stung with no more money made available.

Short had had the right intentions all along he is just a bit clueless in terms of who he's employing. He's out of his depth. That's far more forgivable than being an spoilt, arrogant, ignorant, modern day slave labourer cunt.

Guest neesy111

Short's a much worse owner than Ashley is.

Least Ashley during a couple of periods has appointed a good manager, short didn't do that once during his tenure.

Short's a much worse owner than Ashley is.

Least Ashley during a couple of periods has appointed a good manager, short didn't do that once during his tenure.

I disagree. For a club of their stature Martin O'Neill, Dick Advocaat, Sam Allardyce and David Moyes are what you would call pretty proven managers. Then you have some out of the box thinking with the likes of Di Canio, Poyet and Grayson who were promising based on their record in the lower leagues.

I wouldn't say Ashley's record is much better in this regard. We had Joe fucking Kinnear, Alan Pardew, John Carver and Steve McLaren let's not forget. Apart from that he brought KK back home to much furore and abused him to the point of constructive dismissal within 9 months, gambled on Hughton (success until he fired him because he was siding with his players) and Shearer (failure and another club legend disrespected). Basically his saving grace is Rafa Benitez, who landed on his lap really and is probably only here because he's trying to force a chance of ownership so he can continue work on a project he took a fancie too. If it was for Ashley and without the prospect of a possible takeover he would probably already have walked after being lied too repeatedly.

Watched these yesterday for the first time this season, and honestly couldn't believe how bad they were. The amount of crosses that were just bobbling about in their box and not getting dealt with was frightening, keeper clueless, hard to believe they just let someone even worse go. Did create some good chances tho, but don't have anyone to finish them now.

Short went out and brought in managers who were involved in the game and trusted in the game. Ok they were all PFM’s and one day their bubble would burst, he got unlucky somewhat that pretty much all their bubbles burst at Sunderland.

Short is a bad owner because he never did his homework properly and brought the wrong people in who then brought the wrong players and back room staff in.

Short went out and brought in managers who were involved in the game and trusted in the game. Ok they were all PFM’s and one day their bubble would burst, he got unlucky somewhat that pretty much all their bubbles burst at Sunderland.

Short is a bad owner because he never did his homework properly and brought the wrong people in who then brought the wrong players and back room staff in.

That's what I thought. He was a bit ignorant or didn't do his homework but he's not been owt like Ashley.

I think the big difference between us and them is the amount of fans that constantly turn up at Newcastle and I think Ashley would have gone long before now if there were 16000 fans rattling around St James every other week .

That's what I thought. He was a bit ignorant or didn't do his homework but he's not been owt like Ashley.

Yeah for the most part. One thing you do have to have a go at him for is that for a long time their biggest signings were all loan deals, the sold some players for decent fee’s as well. They are massively in debt now, but the TV money they had coming in and the fact that they never bought a lot of their players means that they should have had a lot more money available to them. Financially they have been ruined, and there is no reason why a team who were in the Premier League for as long as they were should be in the financial position they find themselves in.

Speaking of their finances, it’s long been rumoured that Short is about to cut ties with the club and place them into admistration. If he does then that would result in them being deducted between 10-12 points. As a result some have said that he is waiting until they are safe before he places them into admistration. It’s looking increasingly likely that they won’t get to a point where they are 10-12 points clear of the relegation zone, however if you get a points deduction in or after March then it’s applied for next season instead. It will be interesting to see if the rumours are true and Short will place them into admistration when he can.