sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Re: Short being worse than ashley

He's left them high and dry (doesn't even come to the UK now) and they are on the way to league 1 with a mental pile of debt and are about to go into administration from what I'm told and have no money for transfers (least Ashley supported us with a £30m loan)  That's a lot worse than what ashley has done to us although we are a bigger club than them, we aren't that much bigger.

Also I've got family who at ST holders for them, and they've explained that Short's been lucky for seasons that sacking managers kept getting a bounce without any plan to go along with them and he really doesn't care about the club now apart from getting as much money back which will probably mean administration which will affect 100's of local businesses who won't be paid bills etc. 

They are both absolutely rotten owners and NE football deserves better, just look at how it is at the moment.  Hartlepool needing to crowd fund £200,000 to keep themselves afloat etc.

Re: Short being worse than ashley

He's left them high and dry (doesn't even come to the UK now) and they are on the way to league 1 with a mental pile of debt and are about to go into administration from what I'm told and have no money for transfers (least Ashley supported us with a £30m loan)  That's a lot worse than what ashley has done to us although we are a bigger club than them, we aren't that much bigger.

Also I've got family who at ST holders for them, and they've explained that Short's been lucky for seasons that sacking managers kept getting a bounce without any plan to go along with them and he really doesn't care about the club now apart from getting as much money back which will probably mean administration which will affect 100's of local businesses who won't be paid bills etc. 

They are both absolutely rotten owners and NE football deserves better, just look at how it is at the moment.  Hartlepool needing to crowd fund £200,000 to keep themselves afloat etc.

Pretty much the nail on the head there. Both clubs have been ran terribly, both clubs deserve better.

Guest Howaythetoon

Short is nowhere near as bad as Ashley. He has invested his own money, showed some degree of ambition, but has made some very poor appointments. Had Big Sam stayed, they would be mid-table now or comfortable. I agree both are run by idiots who couldn’t care less and it’s atrocious really. If I had the choice I’d choose Short. Bit like choosing between two types of cancer mind...

Guest neesy111

Short is nowhere near as bad as Ashley. He has invested his own money, showed some degree of ambition, but has made some very poor appointments. Had Big Sam stayed, they would be mid-table now or comfortable. I agree both are run by idiots who couldn’t care less and it’s atrocious really. If I had the choice I’d choose Short. Bit like choosing between two types of cancer mind...

Look at where sunderland are now though.....  Short's allowed that to happen.

As if somebody would prefer Short over Ashley  :kasper: Neither are great, but at least Ashley has got us into a decent financial situation.

Sunderland are on their arse. They’ve got no money, history of players on high wages, big loan fees, sacking managers for fun, no crowds, free tickets thus no matchday revenue, no value in the squad.

Despite having zero ambition, we have a decent wage structure, fairly stable in relation to manager fees over the years, sell out every week, no free tickets = big matchday revenue, most players worth at least £5-10 million.

That’s not saying Ashley is good, mind. But we are streets ahead of them lot. Praying for another relegation and them to rot in League One for a few years.

As if somebody would prefer Short over Ashley  :kasper: Neither are great, but at least Ashley has got us into a decent financial situation.

Sunderland are on their arse. They’ve got no money, history of players on high wages, big loan fees, sacking managers for fun, no crowds, free tickets thus no matchday revenue, no value in the squad.

Despite having zero ambition, we have a decent wage structure, fairly stable in relation to manager fees over the years, sell out every week, no free tickets = big matchday revenue, most players worth at least £5-10 million.

That’s not saying Ashley is good, mind. But we are streets ahead of them lot. Praying for another relegation and them to rot in League One for a few years.

The difference between the clubs is paying fans. We have them, they don't. Ashley has been a far worse owner but we the fans have saved him. Short has put massive amounts of his own money in as their fans wouldn't do so. They've had to pay over the odds to attract players, imagine us doing that? 

On the whole American owners have been a disaster for PL clubs.

Ellis Short, Randy Lerner and Hicks and Gilette all ending badly. The Glazers saddling Man Utd with debt, Shahid Khan hasn't achieved anything other than championship mediocrity. Aren't Swansea American owned too?

Guest neesy111

Ellis Short, Randy Lerner and Hicks and Gilette all ending badly. The Glazers saddling Man Utd with debt, Shahid Khan hasn't achieved anything other than championship mediocrity. Aren't Swansea American owned too?

Swansea, palace and Liverpool are the others.

I still don't think Fenway have been brilliant for Liverpool.

They are used to American sports though where there is limited ownership of players, bigger cities where there is more fans (so fan discontent is less of a concern, even then you could just move the club elsewhere), equal spread of finances, no relegation etc. There are many more variables that effect the finances of a football club over here, and you need to be very much involved or aware of what’s going on all the time. They don’t get that.

Guest Howaythetoon

The Glazers have been a huge success at Man Utd, it’s the likes of Ashley and co who are the bad owners and not the likes of the Glazers.

Guest Howaythetoon

A few Liverpool fans I know can’t stand them, not like them lot to moan though...

I think they are doing as good as can be as thing stand.

Guest neesy111

A few Liverpool fans I know can’t stand them, not like them lot to moan though...

I think they are doing as good as can be as thing stand.

I don't see anything they've done though, klopp's net spend now is almost zero since he's been at the club.

Klopps net spend has to be more than zero

Not with the coutinho transfer.

Aye your right I've just checked, I'm amazed at that, well done Mr Klopp.

Not much to congratulate him on spending wise, fork out £150m, strike lucky with ridiculous money for Coutinho. Bought by Rodgers, from under the nose of Pochettino apparently, i.e. he wanted him for Southampton (having previously managed him at Espanyol).

You what mate?

Not much to congratulate him on spending wise, fork out £150m, strike lucky with ridiculous money for Coutinho. Bought by Rodgers, from under the nose of Pochettino apparently, i.e. he wanted him for Southampton (having previously managed him at Espanyol).

£150m in three years isn't really that much in today's market. Both Manchester teams will have spent double that, for example.

Guest neesy111

Klopp's bought really well at Liverpool tbh.  Mane and Salah have been excellent signings

Klopp's bought really well at Liverpool tbh.  Mane and Salah have been excellent signings

Not to mention selling Ibe, Benteke, allen and Sakho for £81 million.

Arsenal also majority owned by an American, one who is probably the top 5 worst owner in American sports, too.

FWIW I think Liverpool's lack of spending comes down to Klopp only willing to buy if he gets his top target and not bothering with a plan B if he doesn't.