sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think it was Spurs at home when we lost 4-0 during a classic Pards run Santon played RB.  It was one of the most wretched defensive displays I've ever seen from a full back. 

I always said he was massively overrated, I never got the hype about him. When we sold him I was disappointed that we never brought anyone else in rather than being dissapointed at selling him.

In saying this he's decent enough for them, though I think even they could get someone better in.

They couldn't get anyone better in. They seem to struggle massively in attracting any decent players in there prime still, they always have done and it's not hard to see why

They're only getting him because he knows he'll be able to live in Newcastle again. Fancy that being your main bargaining tool when it comes to signing players man!

Better going forward than he is at defending. In a Fat Sam team where he wont be allowed to go forward, it wont pan out very well :lol:

Didn't he used to give away some daft penos?

In fairness the worst part of his defending was his positional sense, restricting him from going forward eliminates that somewhat. I don't think he was a bad defender when it came to actual one v one defending.

I think it was Spurs at home when we lost 4-0 during a classic Pards run Santon played RB.  It was one of the most wretched defensive displays I've ever seen from a full back. 

That ranked as one of the very worst I've seen, and that includes Cacapa v Portsmouth. I remember Dummett out warming up from about 15 minutes in. It was horrendous.

That ranked as one of the very worst I've seen, and that includes Cacapa v Portsmouth. I remember Dummett out warming up from about 15 minutes in. It was horrendous.

4-2 loss away at Norwich I remember him being awful too.  Think we had Simpson and Perch at CB in that game :lol:

Comfortable on the ball, decent passer, but he's not a left back. Overlapped well, but was reluctant to put the ball. Good dig, but never really on target. Defensively - cost us a lot of goals. Caught out of position time and time again. Pardew played him CM away v Chelsea when we got battered and said he played well iirc. Shit haircut 6/10

Guest firetotheworks

I liked him but he neglected his defensive responsibilities far too often and his forward play wasn't really good enough to justify it. He seems like a good lad though and the club (as usual) fucked him over. He'll be able to live in Newcastle and be with his wife from here as well so it makes sense for him to come even if it means playing for Sunderland.

Comfortable on the ball, decent passer, but he's not a left back. Overlapped well,

He did, but he never got his head around the concept of having overlapped and then lost the ball, you need to run like f*ck to get back into position. Not stand there all confused as if this is the first time this has happened. In that respect he was an absolute liability.

He's moving to safc so he can be next to his lass in Newcastle. And possibly take Balotelli out on the piss in Jesmond again.  That is all.

You just know that he's going to be good for them, and probably score against us in a years time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

our piss poor Derby record will be a thing of the past under Rafa if and when we return to meet these pigs