Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I can't get too excited about this at the moment.

Rafa would be a brilliant appointment but let's see if we are still in the Premier League at the end of the season and if we still are, if he is still with us at the start of next season.  I just don't trust out lot not to do something to make him walk.

If he survives that then I would be hopeful that things will be better in the future and I think if Rafa is after a long-term project, then that is definitely what he will have here as the whole club needs overhauling.

What does give me hope though is that maybe the club have seen the errors in their way of appointing cheap lower league out of work managers who are just grateful to have a job.  Such appointments command no respect from the players and it soon becomes apparent that they are out of their depth.  Hopefully they now realise that the most important appointment is the manager.  This would be the first time that we are looking to appoint the best manager available and that is quite a seismic change in attitude for our lot.

If we stay up (and their inevitable slowness in reacting to the situation makes it so much more difficult) - that Bournemouth result will have proved crucial as there is no way this change in attitude would have come about otherwise - and no doubt were we to be relegated under McClaren, they would probably have stuck with him in the Championship.

Is it going to be an excruciatingly embarrassing situation when Benitez goes into his office and McClaren is still in his seat clinging on to the arms, followed by Benitez trying to squeeze on and push him off  :lol:

:lol: Fat Sam over Benitez man. Your water been tampered with or something?

Read it carefully - I didn't actually say that at all. I simply said that Allardyce has more experience in fighting relegation from the PL and he has a set of players who seem to have more stomach for a relegation fight than ours...is this true or false..?

I also said that Benitez has not been given enough time to ensure safety...if he does so, he will have achieved something equally as difficult and praiseworthy as any of his previous successes.

But why does he have more experience? It's because he is s*** and his teams always struggle. In no way does it make him better equipped than a manager who wins. It's a crackers notion.

Because 50% of football is about attitude...yes, you need basic skills and in that respect we have more than the Mackems apart from a couple of players but if there is no essential will to win and willingness to die for the cause you can have all the skills in the world and you won't win the majority of games. A manager who is used to professional players with the right attitude will find it a culture shock when he takes over a club whose players couldn't give a stuff and he has to either succeed in motivating these losers OR replace them...both options take time...ask KK - a manager is only as good as his players.

I wish he could sign without having to meet Charnley or Ashley. How could you turn up and agree to work with that shower of s***?

Nearly all football chairman etc are odious in some way I suppose.

Albeit qualified in some way I would imagine. I was looking at the 'league' table of director salaries last night. Charnley was lowest in the league excluding palace (due to owner/director not drawing a salary).