Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Having a manager that isn't a standing joke will be hard to get used to. Having a better manager than rival clubs is incomprehensible to me now.

:lol: gonna be weird not immediately hating someone tbh

So true.

Having a manager that isn't a standing joke will be hard to get used to. Having a better manager than rival clubs is incomprehensible to me now.

I reckon my best bet is to start hounding him out from Monday night.

There'll be no spinning it, no "he might be good", nothing like that. This guys track record is fantastic and he will be brilliant if he signs.

Said it before. But we've never appointed a manager of this pedigree before.

Bobby?

Bobby is close and I love him and for me his style suits us better. But his biggest achievement was winning the FA and UEFA Cup with Ipswich and league titles in Holland and Portugal. Some good success at Barcelona too. England semi as well. 

Rafa's won the Champions League though.  Reached another final.  2 La Liga's. 2 UEFA Cups.  He edges it in terms of pedigree imo.

SBR's football is close to perfect for our club. And he was almost the perfect manager for us in all ways.

Fair points, it is exciting if we don't sabotage him.

There'll be no spinning it, no "he might be good", nothing like that. This guys track record is fantastic and he will be brilliant if he signs.

I'm scared I'm going to wake up soon. This is so lucid.

Gonna go jump in front of a bus to make me wake up so I'm sure it's a dream.

I'm scared I'm going to wake up soon. This is so lucid.

Gonna go jump in front of a bus to make me wake up so I'm sure it's a dream.

I'm surprised he wants to take it on rather than go somewhere with stronger foundations. Do think it'll be a short term thing for him unless something about the club and the vision portrayed of it grabs him.

I bet the mackems are now claiming that he's s****.  :lol:

Course they are. They're undoubtedly jealous as f*** and rightly so.  If (big if) we stay up, this literally paves the way for us to be the dominant NE team again for years to come after their 6 in a row or whatever it is

We need to beat them or at least get a point from the derby....do that and we can start dreaming about being top NE side again. They will spout even more of this type of stuff unless we can get a result in the derby ; if we DO win, they will get extremely worried, as would we if the positions were reversed.

http://s23.postimg.org/7w5mk9d9n/Montage.png

17 years since we got an appointment right. *

*Keegan aside

Hughton?

Agree although I tend to think they got very lucky with Hughton and then fucked it up anyway.

Some on here are going to absolutely hate him and his 4231 mind.

I'm delighted best managerial appointment we could have made!

Yeah, that bloody useless formation, that so many top clubs already use.

Have we not been attempting to play 4-2-3-1 this season, anyway?  It's not like there is going to be some drastic change.