Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest The Little Waster

If it drags on any longer than next week then hes not staying and theyre just playing for time ...maybe long enough to sell season tickets and then pull the rug out from Rafas feet

Guest Howaythetoon

He has requested a meeting with every single senior member at the club from owner to Beardsley from what I've heard and that will happen over the coming weeks. I think he wants to stay and is more than up for the challenge but it has to be on his terms 100%. I cannot see him staying, however, because although Ashley will give him control over recruitment he won't get rid of Carr and Beardsley and other coaches. Rafa will want control over every aspect of the club from a footballing POV, the academy, the reserves, the scouting and that means putting in his own men and getting rid of people already here, people who are loyal to Ashley and are low maintenance. Rafa isn't one for compromise.

He has requested a meeting with every single senior member at the club from owner to Beardsley from what I've heard and that will happen over the coming weeks. I think he wants to stay and is more than up for the challenge but it has to be on his terms 100%. I cannot see him staying, however, because although Ashley will give him control over recruitment he won't get rid of Carr and Beardsley and other coaches. Rafa will want control over every aspect of the club from a footballing POV, the academy, the reserves, the scouting and that means putting in his own men and getting rid of people already here, people who are loyal to Ashley and are low maintenance. Rafa isn't one for compromise.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. It is what the club needs. Ashley is clearly beyond done with the club, although won't sell unless he gets a decent offer that meets his valuation. It's not as easy a situation to call imo.

Ashley's low maintenance model has been a costly disaster. Seriously, paying Rafa £4m a year to sort the whole club out will work out a lot cheaper.

I hope it doesn't drag on until June. The work needs to start right now. June would be two weeks wasted.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ashley isn't done with the club I'm afraid, although this surely has to be his last roll of the dice RE whatever happens/who comes in. Keep Rafa and the fans will reunite for next season for a push towards promotion. Do not keep Rafa and I can see implosion. I'm hoping for the latter. I love Rafa and would dearly love to get behind a Rafa revolution but Ashley has been here to long and it's now a case of what is better for the very future of the club and not the near and now. A few good years unde Rafa or a sustained good period of decades under competent owners?

Ashley isn't done with the club I'm afraid, although this surely has to be his last roll of the dice RE whatever happens/who comes in. Keep Rafa and the fans will reunite for next season for a push towards promotion. Do not keep Rafa and I can see implosion. I'm hoping for the latter. I love Rafa and would dearly love to get behind a Rafa revolution but Ashley has been here to long and it's now a case of what is better for the very future of the club and not the near and now. A few good years unde Rafa or a sustained good period of decades under competent owners?

You're banking on the club (1) being sold in the next few years and (2) being sold to competent owners and (3) competent owners  rebuilding the club and (4) we move our way back into the PL after a few years and finally = that sounds like anywhere from 2-10+ years of what-ifs. For your what-if good decades.

The best and only option for us is to all back Rafa taking control and getting back on solid footing after 1 year in the Championship man. All other what-ifs continue on in the what-if merry go round of supporting this club and I think we're all f***ing sick of it.

The fact he's talking to Charnley is a good sign. Means he hasn't made his mind up to leave and could be thinking of staying.

The fact he's talking to Charnley is a bad sign. Means he's talking to a man baby who has no idea what he's doing.

The fact he's talking to Charnley is a good sign. Means he hasn't made his mind up to leave and could be thinking of staying.

The fact he's talking to Charnley is a bad sign. Means he's talking to a man baby who has no idea what he's doing.

I remember when Sir Bobby passed away there was an interview with Llambias on SSN where he said that when he went to a match he'd go to him and offer advice, criticism, etc. and offer some home truths at the same time. I could imagine Benitez as someone that would try similar with this current lot. Whether they listen to him is another thing.

I remember when Sir Bobby passed away there was an interview with Llambias on SSN where he said that when he went to a match he'd go to him and offer advice, criticism, etc. and offer some home truths at the same time. I could imagine Benitez as someone that would try similar with this current lot. Whether they listen to him is another thing.

I think there's more chance of Charnley listening to Rafa, than Llambias would from Sir Bobby or anyone else. Llambias took arrogance and ignorance to whole new level.

We've just got to hope Ashley has given Charnley the green light to give Rafa what he wants, all Charnley then has to do is sit back enjoy the ride.

Some of his quotes today have just reminded me what an arsehole he was. Keep Charnley...Rafa should take responsibility. I hope he can't find a consortium.

I take it you are talking about the Shepherd quotes, and yes, he was a proper arsehole. Just because we've been landed with an even bigger cunt shouldn't cloud our judgement on that.

Ashley might not get rid of Charnley and Beardsley because he's always stuck with staff who lick his arse are loyal to him, but he could always just give them some menial role which they'd happily accept. I don't really see that as a problem if Ashley can get some advice from someone who actually understands the game at this level. And no, that doesn't include Ando or Moncur.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/rafa-benitez-considering-longer-stay-160426336.html

Rafa Benitez will decide over the next few days whether or not to pledge his immediate future to getting Newcastle straight back into the Premier League – and it’s magnificent army of fans will certainly be one of the major factors influencing his decision.

I was told on social media recently that he could expect his name to be chanted for 90 minutes non-stop during the club’s final match of the season against Tottenham at the weekend as the crowd tries to play its part in persuading the Sapniard to stay at the club.

If that happens, knowing him as I do, I am absolutely convinced that it will have a major bearing on his decision.

And apart from the obvious fact that everyone likes to be where they feel wanted, there are a number of other solid reasons why Rafa would be wise to throw his hat in with the club.

And he is seriously considering staying.

Words of Guillem Balague.

Balague talks a lot of shit but he's a 'close' friend of Benitez, no? I choose to believe it.

I believed it even without any input from Balague. Rafa has the same sort of pull to a football city as Keegan in many ways. There's not many places which inspire as much loyalty as this club. It's a massive attraction for a manager who believes he can deliver something no one else has been able to for over half a century.