Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I think in our heart of hearts we know he won't be around after Sunday. Rafael Benitez, one of the most decorated managers in modern day history, isn't going to be taking his seat in the dugout at Burton Albion, Brentford and Rotherham next season. He's far better than that, a completely different level altogether and he'll get a job more suitable to his standing in the game. Nowt but respect for the bloke for coming in and trying to rescue an impossible situation and I wish him well wherever he ends up.

Feels like people are picking on Burton a bit now :lol:

Ran exactly the way a football club should be. I'd bite your hand off for a chairman like Ben Robinson.

If there's been dialogue, that at least means neither Ashley/Charnley or Rafa has gone "fuck this" and activated the clause immediately.

Highly doubt Rafa would take the wage cut or settle for anything less than total control over all footballing matters, and highly doubt they'd offer him just that. We can but hope.

I actually think they are desperate enough to just let Rafa do whatever he wants. It'll come down to whether Rafa fancies a season in the Championship or not.

Surely they know the full-on riot set to occur if they activate the clause. And yet that won't stop them.

I'm still 50/50 on whether he'll stay - I definitely think there's a scenario where he's willing to, it's just a matter of how much the board have learnt. Bringing him in originally was the first time they acknowledged that managers are important. Then we started winning.

The problem is there is no full-on riot about to occur at all, SJP will be full on Sunday, the sheep will bleat a little when Spurs score their 3rd or 4th goal, Rafa will wave goodbye and there will be 40,000 there with Bruce/Pearson as manager when Rotherham rock up in a couple of months time. The wolf is hungry and the sheep are happy to keep feeding him.

He will stay...just have a feeling he will.

He will have certain demands and if the club meet them he will look at it as a season of rebuilding, challenge the cups and get the club pointing in the right direction.

If the board give him full control and give him the right amount of finance then he will stay.

Over to you Newcastle.

John Anderson comparing benitez to mcclaren saying they both only won 2 of their last 10 games. While in the same breath saying pardew will be taking palace to a cup final.

:serious:

John Anderson comparing benitez to mcclaren saying they both only won 2 of their last 10 games. While in the same breath saying pardew will be taking palace to a cup final.

You'd think he was trolling if you hadn't listened to him before.

You'd think he was trolling if you hadn't listened to him before.

I absolutely know he's not trolling but it's still hard to understand someone being that thick.

Benitez has only been here 9 games :lol:

Benitez has only been here 9 games :lol:

And unbeaten in 5.

aye but this mackem Pete, sounds like a robot or something.

Ando said that Charnley did not approach us but that Rafa's people did. 

So if true, it probably means that left to Charnley, he would never have been under consideration in the first place.