Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I mean, they already got him to come here, so presumably he was happy with the terms? The only difference now is the division.

Aye, but for all we know the biggest term was 'if we go down you can leave straight away'.

Just cant see him staying, really wish he will but I cant see it.

I mean, they already got him to come here, so presumably he was happy with the terms? The only difference now is the division.

Can not hope he feels he's just starting to get his teeth int the job and wants to see it through. If he's thinking of his career then he'll surely move on but if he's caught the bug then hopefully he'll want to see it through.

I'm more worried that our cunts will be looking to sever things tbh.

Can not hope he feels he's just starting to get his teeth int the job and wants to see it through. If he's thinking of his career then he'll surely move on but if he's caught the bug then hopefully he'll want to see it through.

I'm more worried that our cunts will be looking to sever things tbh.

That's my main concern too.

Surely they know the full-on riot set to occur if they activate the clause. And yet that won't stop them.

I'm still 50/50 on whether he'll stay - I definitely think there's a scenario where he's willing to, it's just a matter of how much the board have learnt. Bringing him in originally was the first time they acknowledged that managers are important. Then we started winning.

He's the only hope that we have left under this regime, and that's really sad. I hope he calls their bluff and announces his intentions, before Spurs. The club will be wanting that to be the case, as they won't want any dissent in the stands, on Sunday. However if social media tonight is a barometer - that now looks inevitable. There will hopefully be a lot of anger, directed at the owner. board and the players that have pissed us around.

They'll just say he has to work under the current structure and take a massive pay cut. Bye.

Didn't they scrap the structure when Rafa was appointed? They made a pretty big deal out of Rafa being appointed manager and not head coach.

Honours

Manager

Real Madrid U-19s

Spain U-19 League: 1992–93

Spain U-19 Cup: 1990–91, 1992–93

Extremadura

Segunda División promotion: 1997–98

Tenerife

Segunda División promotion: 2000–01

Valencia

La Liga: 2001–02, 2003–04

UEFA Cup: 2003–04

Liverpool

FA Cup: 2005–06

FA Community Shield: 2006

UEFA Champions League: 2004–05

UEFA Super Cup: 2005

Inter Milan

Supercoppa Italiana: 2010

FIFA Club World Cup: 2010

Chelsea

UEFA Europa League: 2012–13

Napoli

Coppa Italia: 2013–14

Supercoppa Italiana: 2014

Individual awards

La Liga Best Coach: 2002

UEFA Manager of the Year: 2003–04, 2004–05

LMA Special Merit Award: 2006

Premier League Manager of the Month (6): November 2005, December 2005, January 2007, October 2008, March 2009, April 2013

Championship. Howay man :lol:

Honours

Manager

Real Madrid U-19s

Extremadura

Tenerife

Valencia

Liverpool

Inter Milan

Chelsea

Napoli

Individual awards

Premier League Manager of the Month (6): November 2005, December 2005, January 2007, October 2008, March 2009, April 2013

As good as that CV reads it hasn't got English Championship winner on it. Yet.

Aye, but for all we know the biggest term was 'if we go down you can leave straight away'.

Just cant see him staying, really wish he will but I cant see it.

He had no connection with us before he came, that has changed and he's been warmly received and I think he'll see that as a massive plus.  I don't know if he needs to feel loved by fans but I do know it will make him feel better.

I think he's likely to listen to what we have to say and I think he could stay.

In years to come he'll have "relegated Newcastle" on his CV.  That won't tell the whole story so maybe he'll stay and put it right with a "promoted with Newcastle" on there too

http://img.prntscr.com/img?url=http://i.imgur.com/GwRFQDt.png

It's a point that I hadn't thought about and it might actually have a modicum of plausibility. That being said, his stock won't have been lowered that much and he's bound to get better offers.

He's one of the few managers in the Premier League whose level of single-mindedness actually matches his talent. You can't be as decorated as he is without knowing precisely what is going to be best for you.

Pissing around at our dogshit club, without any assurances that we've got a shot at an immediate return, won't be what Rafa sees as his best option. Regardless of whether or not he's 'caught the bug' or however you want to put it.

I just hope it's confirmed shortly after Spurs. Can't be fucked with the boredom of waiting for the inevitable; plus we've no time to waste if we're going to make a fist of it next year. Aye, we'll be there or thereabouts, but there's a massive squad turnaround to occur and a new manager to organise things.

What if he didn't get us promoted? I know it's not likely he wouldn't, but nothing is guaranteed in life and with the regime we have.

That would be such a larger blight than "unable to save turd club circling the bowl with 10 games left" I can see him not wanting to risk it. 

Farewell Rafa.

What if he didn't get us promoted? I know it's not likely he wouldn't, but nothing is guaranteed in life and with the regime we have.

That would be such a larger blight than "unable to save turd club circling the bowl with 10 games left" I can see him not wanting to risk it. 

Farewell Rafa.

Someone as successful as him wouldn't even consider that as a possibility.

Honours

Manager

Real Madrid U-19s

Extremadura

Tenerife

Valencia

Liverpool

Inter Milan

Chelsea

Napoli

Individual awards

If I had a CV like this, I'd be down for a challenge like us. A chance to pull a storied club back to its feet while reigniting the passion of an entire city. Hell of a fucking story that would be.

That's just me though.

You're a Newcastle fan though, Deuce.

Would you take on the Villa job using the same logic? Club with great history that's been ruined in recent years.

Newcastle only seems a wonderful idea to us because we're fans. Mostly it's a shit club with poor prospects.

You're a Newcastle fan though, Deuce.

Would you take on the Villa job using the same logic? Club with great history that's been ruined in recent years.

Newcastle only seems a wonderful idea to us because we're fans. Mostly it's a shit club with poor prospects.

Yeah sure I would. Wouldn't say the same for someone like Norwich, for instance. No offense to Norwich.

Like I said, that's just me.