Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

The way it sounded last night from the radio, and by the accounts I've read - this is the most comfortable and in-control we've been in years, and this includes the last championship campaign we were in.

I would say so.  We were quite cagey at the start of the season, the last time we were in this league.  We didn't have anywhere near as good squad depth and our regular starters this time around, are better overall, IMO.  We ground out some of the early wins and didn't seem particularly dominant, at times.  The second half of the season, we blitzed teams for fun and never really looked too troubled. 

It is still hard to gauge.  As it's early days and I'm not sure if it was us being so good, or QPR being so bad?  I guess a bit of both.  But the scary thing for other teams in the league is, that we should improve from here.  Once there is more chemistry and confidence, and once Rafa gets everyone involved.  We could end up surpassing our points total from last time.

All of this positivity is leading towards a shit 0-0 or 1-0 loss on Saturday :lol:  But I haven't felt this happy about the club in a long time.

The great freedom that organisation and discipline gives you is that sometimes you will completely dismantle a team because they can't cope with how you're set up.

I don't doubt Rafa is fairly conservative in terms of style, but I'm fine with that if it creates a platform where players are secure and happy. That's when better individual performances and more goals will come.

I'm convinced we will see more dismantling routs this season, maybe not as many goals but, our midfield and defense seems ready it's the attack that's still finding its footing. Under Rafa, we will bully, dismantle and suffocate teams.

Howay the fucking lads, what a morning after.

:indi:

Apparently In Rafa Benitez's 18 games with us so far, we haven't lost a single second half :lol:

Not sure if correct, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah that sounds right as we were 3-0 at Southampton at half time, 1-0 down at Leicester, 1-0 down at Fulham, 1-0 down vs Huddersfield, 1-0 down vs the mackems, 1-0 down at Norwich and 2-0 down at Liverpool!

Apparently In Rafa Benitez's 18 games with us so far, we haven't lost a single second half :lol:

Not sure if correct, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I've just checked and it's correct :thup: Decent stat that could end up being a silly amount of games if we can continue our good run.

I've seen comments from Sunderland fans about Rafa being poached :lol:

Rafa joined us at the perfect time. The threat of him being poached is practically nil. He has been at most of the top leagues and top clubs and been messed about and interfered with. He now has total control here and can build up a club that has the potential to be right up there.

Beautiful situation.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160914/bbb38ec9a79d9ffd3a31dc78d6af57a8.jpg

Remember those days of Pardew, McClaren & Carver where we all dreaded the half-time teamtalk and what horrors the second half may bring? This is literally a revolution.

What happened at half time :lol:

They watched the last 15 minutes of Requiem For A Dream.

Hopefully Pardew's left his Requiem For A Dream DVD at home and the players will listen to some music or something at HT instead.

The amount of goals we concede in the 5 mins either side of HT is ridiculous like. :lol:

:lol: Swear to fucking God that Requiem For A Dream DVD must be nearly fucked the amount of times we've watched it at HT.

That Requiem For A Dream DVD must be fucking battered by now, been given a half time airing in the dressing room every week for 4 years solid now.

I'm still deeply unhappy about our policy of watching Requiem For A Dream at half time like, makes absolutely zero sense and I wish we wouldn't do it.

Yep, again.

Just the 5 times I made that joke then.

Aside from watching us win a game; listening to that podcast was thirty of the most enjoyable minutes I've had as a Newcastle fan in absolutely ages. Benitez being here, and everything that comes in association with that, is just an incredible thing. The only thing that was going to save the club was appointing a manager of his calibre, and letting him pin everyone else to the ground. I didn't think it ever would, but it's happen.

He's hooked into everything and he has a plan that is going to work. He's a step ahead of everyone. It's just wonderful.

Aside from watching us win a game; listening to that podcast was thirty of the most enjoyable minutes I've had as a Newcastle fan in absolutely ages. Benitez being here, and everything that comes in association with that, is just an incredible thing. The only thing that was going to save the club was appointing a manager of his calibre, and letting him pin everyone else to the ground. I didn't think it ever would, but it's happen.

He's hooked into everything and he has a plan that is going to work. He's a step ahead of everyone. It's just wonderful.

Wasn't it amazing? And Rafa wasn't even on it :lol:

Shouldn't have hounded out Pardew, mind. Who better would work for Ashley? Careful what you wish for.