Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Pardew on Aarons:

“Yes, I was advised not to but he did a little bit yesterday in training that I thought warranted him forty five minutes.

“We never planned to play him longer than that but for forty five minutes he showed the quality he has got.”

Pardew on Cisse:

‘Cisse should not have played. My medical staff did not agree that he should be included. He’s trained five days.

‘But myself and John looked at him on Thursday and thought “he’s fresh, he’s bright, he’s not ready for 90 minutes but he knows how to carry the jersey”.

‘That’s where I felt some sympathy for Manu. He’s not ready to carry that jersey yet full-time, it’s heavy that No 9. He’s had too much responsibility.

‘That was great to see Papiss take that chance, that little movement and pessimism in the box.’

'Howk - pick or scratch'

Spit, surely?

I think that's more like "hawk". Howk I always thought was like chuck, throw. I'll ask Mrs n tomorrow, she's common. Dialects are difficult and constantly moving.

Dontcha know. :lol:

Howk means hit someone or something, a good howking is a good kicking.

never heard howk or hawk to mean spit, spit is hockle.

aye hockle is spit. You can howk up a proper greenie to hockle though, as well as get a proper howking (filled in) if you don't behave.

I imagine him reading radgie = chav, and then going....but what's a chav? Ostensibly it's translations for someone who already has a very solid grasp of English in the first place. Not sure what level they are at?

On a related subject, surely Cathro must speak some Spanish I would have thought?

Lovely!

It's Mourinho v Wenger, again! The 7 fiercest managerial rivalries EVER

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/7-fiercest-managerial-rivalries-ever-6472452#ICID=ios_mirrorfootball_AppShare_Click_Other

Rafa Benitez and Sam Allardyce

It's fair to say that Rafa and Big Sam do not see eye to eye on football.

Rafa's previous teams often came up against Allardyce's sides expecting a win - as with so many Premier League giants who've underestimated Sam over the years, Liverpool were often given a nasty surprise.

Rafa felt Big Sam's success was based on long balls and physicality, of course. He sarcastically said of his adversary: "I think he's a model for all the managers around the world. I'm sure he's a model. His style of football, his behaviour, everything. He's the perfect model for all the kids. Their style of football... I think Barcelona are thinking of copying the style". Oh, burn.