Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Its kinda like when we finished 5th. Many shit games, but as long as we won any criticism of pards was totally unpopular - even though it was obviously not sustainable scoring on all the few chances we had and clearing 2-3 balls of the line every match.

it's absolutely fucking nothing like when we finished 5th mind, nothing

Its kinda like when we finished 5th. Many s*** games, but as long as we won any criticism of pards was totally unpopular - even though it was obviously not sustainable scoring on all the few chances we had and clearing 2-3 balls of the line every match.

it's absolutely f***ing nothing like when we finished 5th mind, nothing

I didnt mean this season overall, but the concept of most people pulling out their hairs and screaming for him to make a substitution to thinking its perfectly fine just because we won (despite it being in an extremely lucky way)

We wont get that lucky in the PL so when we are in desperate need of a substitution I hope he wont keep waiting until the 75th/80th minute

I didnt want to start a big discussion about it. Love Rafa and Im extremely happy with where he's taking us, but I was extremely annoyed between the 45th-75th minute on Tuesday

Its kinda like when we finished 5th. Many s*** games, but as long as we won any criticism of pards was totally unpopular - even though it was obviously not sustainable scoring on all the few chances we had and clearing 2-3 balls of the line every match.

it's absolutely f***ing nothing like when we finished 5th mind, nothing

I didnt mean this season overall, but the concept of most people pulling out their hairs and screaming for him to make a substitution to thinking its perfectly fine just because we won (despite it being in an extremely lucky way)

We wont get that lucky in the PL so when we are in desperate need of a substitution I hope he wont keep waiting until the 75th/80th minute

I didnt want to start a big discussion about it. Love Rafa and Im extremely happy with where he's taking us, but I was extremely annoyed between the 45th-75th minute on Tuesday

again for me very, very different though i take the point - rafa has a system/plan and he believes in it, he's currently employing it with many substandard players and as a result our season is up and down as indeed are the games themselves...if people are getting bent out of shape at the timing of substitutions they should probably shut the fuck up

pardew had nothing so the criticism of that cuntbag was entirely justified :lol:

Its kinda like when we finished 5th. Many shit games, but as long as we won any criticism of pards was totally unpopular - even though it was obviously not sustainable scoring on all the few chances we had and clearing 2-3 balls of the line every match.

it's absolutely fucking nothing like when we finished 5th mind, nothing

It's almost the opposite really. That was no system or game plan rescued by the performances of a few brilliant individuals. This is a team of very average players top of the league because of the manager's planning.

pardew had nothing so the criticism of that cuntbag was entirely justified :lol:

Totally agree and I cant wait for him to burn in hell, but I am sure that you would have defended him the same way if I told you I was unhappy with some of his tactics in a game we ended up winning in 11/12.

I just think it must be allowed to come with some remarks about a manager in a game his team ends up winning the same way you could say "bar Diames wondergoal he played like a two-legged donkey" about a player.

Anyways, I dont want it to look like I care too much about this than I do. Was reasonably happy with the first half as we created a couple good chances from the wings, but it was obvious that we needed a more natural goalscorer than gouffran up top.

I think it was wrong to wait until the 75th minute (especially after the way we played in the 2nd half up to the 75th min) and let the effect of the (very good) substitution only get 15 mins to turn around a game against the leagues best defence where they were 1-0 up at home.

Happy about the way it turned around though and it will be one of the most memorable games from this season along with 4-3 against Norwich. Way more confident about the Huddesfield game now than before, but I hope we will never see Gouffran starting as a lone striker unless its against some shit cupteam.

pardew had nothing so the criticism of that cuntbag was entirely justified [emoji38]

Totally agree and I cant wait for him to burn in hell, but I am sure that you would have defended him the same way if I told you I was unhappy with some of his tactics in a game we ended up winning in 11/12.

I just think it must be allowed to come with some remarks about a manager in a game his team ends up winning the same way you could say "bar Diames wondergoal he played like a two-legged donkey" about a player.

Anyways, I dont want it to look like I care too much about this than I do. Was reasonably happy with the first half as we created a couple good chances from the wings, but it was obvious that we needed a more natural goalscorer than gouffran up top.

I think it was wrong to wait until the 75th minute (especially after the way we played in the 2nd half up to the 75th min) and let the effect of the (very good) substitution only get 15 mins to turn around a game against the leagues best defence where they were 1-0 up at home.

Happy about the way it turned around though and it will be one of the most memorable games from this season along with 4-3 against Norwich. Way more confident about the Huddesfield game now than before, but I hope we will never see Gouffran starting as a lone striker unless its against some shit cupteam.

Absolutely not, I was a vocal critic of Pardew in the 5th season, the whole thing was so transparent at the time. Had to argue with a lot of people mind.

For ages (last hundred years or so) we've pretty much only won when we've been playing well, and lost very easily when we've been playing poorly. Under Benitez we're winning consistently even during longer periods when we haven't been playing well, and that is down to us being so organized and Rafa's style over a season. Sometimes you might think that we should play a much more attacking kind of game, and yes, we might have won a couple of extra games by doing that, but we'd probably have lost quite a few more as well. But over a long season then Rafa's system is probably more effective and he knows what he's doing, even if it doesn't look all gung ho always. The combination of so many new players with the pressure on us probably doesn't always help, especially with some key players unavailable now and then this side of the year. Within time and Rafa signing the right quality (with backing) I'm feeling very confident about the future. Anyways, I f***ing love the man.

Agree 100%. This is the most enjoyable season we've had for so many years because even when it hasn't been great on the pitch we know we at last have a man in charge who sees the bigger picture and is sticking to a long term proven method .So even when we are a bit frustrated there's no traditional swell of unrest , he has our trust . I think the performance against  Brighton was a great example of the players delivering on  Rafa's game plan

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_8975_1488381852.png

We just letting this side? :lol:

Needs a picture of Barnsey in the blank space imo then it's good to go.

Imagine when rafa has the funds to buy four players who will take us up a level:

Nº10, works hard and scores/creates, something very hit and miss at the moment

A partner for shelvey (imagine Viera/Keane/Kante...)

A ball playing centre back (an upgraded Mbemba??) to partner one of our current lot

Top class striker, is gayle prem standard.. and what happens when he´s injhured???

Makes me salivate... :smitten:

If we kept the current squad and got the above (plus a left back), I reckon we would reach top half next year

Imagine when rafa has the funds to buy four players who will take us up a level:

Nº10, works hard and scores/creates, something very hit and miss at the moment

A partner for shelvey (imagine Viera/Keane/Kante...)

A ball playing centre back (an upgraded Mbemba??) to partner one of our current lot

Top class striker, is gayle prem standard.. and what happens when he´s injhured???

Makes me salivate... :smitten:

If we kept the current squad and got the above (plus a left back), I reckon we would reach top half next year

Other than when Man City and Chelsea were bought by billionaires, I don't think I have ever seen a club buy 5 high quality players in the summer.

We will sign two good quality first teamers, one of those a winger, and three or four rotational players

Bearing in mind that Shelvey was a bit hit and miss in the premier league, at the very least we need an equivalent partner for him if not an improvement in the next couple of years.

If we go up as it's not in cast iron yet but if we do then we'd do well to get someone in the mould of Kante to allow the likes of Shelvey to do their job instead of having to come deep or out of position at times.

I dont really rate Hayden but when he lines up with Shelvey, you get a better game out of both of them compared to when Ginger Jack is involved.

To add, we need at least one more decent striker, the left wing sorted once and for all, two centre backs, a left back and a new keeper.    That would be the Summer window sorted.  As for the Winter one........

Won't be surprised to see Rafa look at one or two of his former charges at Napoli with a view to bringing them over if you go up. He has been known to go back for players he likes from former clubs.

Won't be surprised to see Rafa look at one or two of his former charges at Napoli with a view to bringing them over if you go up. He has been known to go back for players he likes from former clubs.

albiol maybe?

Keeper and a winger are first priorities for me. Senior first-choice CB & LB, plus a box to box CM are next. New number 10 would be nice.

Pretty much exactly my thoughts. We're especially going to have spend some serious dinero on a CB, winger and keeper (in lieu of Krul).

We'd need so many players it's not worth listing the positions tbh. We need lots.

Very true - we know that, Rafa knows that, but its a cast-iron certainty that Ashley doesn't WANT to know that..

Odds are on more penny-pinching and that won't please our excellent manager...who could blame him if that is the case ?