Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I sincerely hope that we're debating who this man will sign for us come June but sadly I fear the worst about his future with us  :sad: I was in the vast minority who thought that he'd stay last summer so I hope I'm wrong this time!

I'm trying not to think about it TBH, it'll spoil the season. Obviously there's a fair chance he'll be forced out over transfers but just have to wait and see.

Me too mate it's just I've mentioned it in my latest true faith gobbledygook hence it's in my head!

We'd need so many players it's not worth listing the positions tbh. We need lots.

You could argue we need virtually a full team, but if we can get 4 or 5 top notch players that will at least make us competitive. We're not going to be challenging for the top 6 in our first season back, but with a few signings we can get pretty close to that with a view to kicking on the season after.

Nor do I want us to. We have a togetherness and team spirit that I don't want to ruin and players have adopted Rafa's system well.

We need to sign quality players who will enhance the group we have, not ship out the ones who may get us promoted.

We need to sign quality players who will enhance the group we have, not ship out the ones who may get us promoted.

I'd imagine this daft attitude often sees promoted teams come straight back down. If you dont think there's a world of difference between being an effective player in this league and the PL, you're honestly denser than I thought.

Of course the top, middle and bottom of it is that Rafa or anyone else with ambition will be reigned in.  The 10 year anniversary of Ashley this Summer is coupled with an expectation level that starts and ends on the propaganda themed financials.

The 'why cant we?' philosophy that the Kevin Keegan's of the world inbred in us older heads slowly drip fed and 'fake news' led corruption of the new breed has created a 'We cant because....'

For all of Ashley's 10 years we haven't improved anything.

The stadium has aged and with no plans to upgrade.

The squad worth less than the one inherited with debts levels hanging over the club of around £160m.

A 10 year spell that has seen a 'net' spend of just over £22m when cash is handed out like the league ladders once were like with your copy of match weekly.

If Ashley sees a potential profit in trying to compete then he will but first he needs a visit from them 3 ghosts and I wont hold my breath.  Meanwhile, the list of old fossils signing on at the dole may have something to get up for in the morning if they hang fire.

I'd imagine this daft attitude often sees promoted teams come straight back down. If you dont think there's a world of difference between being an effective player in this league and the PL, you're honestly denser than I thought.

Didn't both Burnley and Bournemouth do fine in their first season back without revamping their squads?

Ronaldo, don't make it personal, there's no need.

Didn't both Burnley and Bournemouth do fine in their first season back without revamping their squads?

Burnley got relegated last time

You're right, I apologise. We need big changes, though. Throughout the team are players who'd be looked upon in quite a different light if the likes of Shelvey and Gayle hadn't excelled this season.

I'd like to see Mitro, Perez (unless hes on tiny wages and ok with being fourth choice), Colback, Gouffran, Dummett, Anita, Ameobi, and Lascelles all sold. Mbemba has to go if Rafa wont play him.

Ah I'd be really sorry to see Lascelles go, like. Still a very young lad. He'll never be stylish but he could be class. No need to get rid of Anita and Dummett either.

We need a squad. Pointless going into the another season needing to buy 400 players again.

Ah I'd be really sorry to see Lascelles go, like. Still a very young lad. He'll never be stylish but he could be class.

There are still question marks over him performance wise, but even if we get another CB he'd be great backup to have and is clearly a good influence in the dressing room.

You're right, I apologise. We need big changes, though. Throughout the team are players who'd be looked upon in quite a different light if the likes of Shelvey and Gayle hadn't excelled this season.

This is the dilemma. I'm sure we all like to think these players are going to be fine next season, but the reality is most of them have struggled to rise above the championship level. Maybe it's the tactics that haven't done them any favours, but I would think Rafa will want to buy players who can make them work a lot smoother than they have this season. No one is terrible in particular, but Shelvey and Gayle have been head and shoulders above the rest, and both of them had question marks against them when they last played in the Premier.

Stick a dominant defensive midfielder in and I think we would have less need to invest on centrebacks.

The left side needs work and money spent on it as do the number 10 and striker positions - I like Gayle but he needs competition.

Goals keep you up and we know that Raf will have a well organised team that wont be dominated in many games - especially outside the top 4 teams.

I'd be tempted to loan Mitro to a German team if we can get a good replacement. Give him a season in a decent league to see how he develops.

I'd like to see Mitro, Perez (unless hes on tiny wages and ok with being fourth choice), Colback, Gouffran, Dummett, Anita, Ameobi, and Lascelles all sold. Mbemba has to go if Rafa wont play him.

Gouffran, Anita and Sammy are all out of contract.

You're advocating the sale of some perfectly good squad players there, too (Anita being one of them). Mindless tbh.