Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

f***ing state of this thread, man :lol:

I'm glad Rafa's not as emo as some of you lot.

The irony being that most of the criticism on here is about players and staff 'lacking balls'.

It's the classic hero fan argument. He's not trying/he's not got nee balls. 9/10 absolute conjecture and can be apllied to anyone at any point regardless of what's actually happening.

Some of our lot very much deserve their Saylor, Colback, Pardew, McClaren megamixes.

I'm starting to see why he won't change shape at all in games.  It's clear to me now the squad isn't that good tbh as our performances are so erratic recently, so it's that shape that is helping us in games.

:thup:

Take Shelvey, Gayle, Clark and Ritchie out of this team and I think we'd struggle even in this division. Some major recruitment required in the summer if we stay up

Take Shelvey, Gayle, Clark and Ritchie out of this team and I think we'd struggle even in this division. Some major recruitment required in the summer if we stay up

If we what?

It doesn't matter who goes up, they'll need to strengthen if they're going to avoid an embarrassing season.

Not sure on Ritchie, really? That seems incredibly harsh.

He started like a house on fire, looked brilliant. In another era you'd refer to his spiral of form as being Pardewed.

He's got loads of goals recently. :lol:

He tore up the division the first few months, goals aside his general play hasn't been that great. Not for the price we paid. Sure he also had a better return with Bournemouth when he was last here. Maybe my expectations were too high.

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Steven-Taylor.jpg

The match-going fans get a decent amount of stick on here (including from me at times tbh) but I absolutely love the way they serenade Benitez no matter what. Even at 1-0 down it could be heard clearly many times on the coverage tonight. It's been way too long since we've had that connection with a manager as a fanbase. Long may it continue.

This 100%. Embarrassing watching people throw their toys out of the pram when we lose. Our team isn't as good as the media make out and the job Rafa has done to turn our club from what Sunderland are now to a club that looks like it could have a good future and a good connection with the fans again is superb. Look at Villa to see that spending money doesn't = success.

Must admit to bed wetting last night, its cos i so want this club back up, we have no right to do it, that i know but when Rafa starts Goofy up top it just looked all wrong.

Im done with being a fanny :lol:

Last night we stepped up to the mark.i was proud of the club , the fans and happy for Rafa, he got away with it.

State of some of the comments in here and the match thread are ridiculous.

It's shameful at times but I think I comes from frustration during matches. They are reaction posts, more than anything.

I try not to look until half time, when people calm down a touch.

Rafa had one window to more or less change a whole squad. How can people expect all to be 100% successful?

We have a good squad and he made some very important signings. We are playing in the Championship and not challenging for CL, which means he could not pick players from top shelves.

He has done good - sometimes im confused and maybe not agreeing on his decisions. We could play better, but overall we could not ask for more.

Give the man a break!

It's a massive postive the connection between him and the fans in terms of the teams belief.

When your team is 1 down and not playing that well, to have a completely united front and belief in the leader generates a response/commitment that you wouldn't get from a Pardew/McLaren side imho (regardles of team quality).

Guest alijmitchell

He's barely put a foot wrong, is an absolute gentleman, and has us winning games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk