Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Aren't all managers, and players comet to think of it, like that these days when asked about their futures ?

No. Your being naive.

They are to be fair. "No one knows what can happen, but i'm happy here" is basically play #1 of the footballer asked about a transfer response book if they're actually happy. Very few people in the profession come out with "No chance i'm leaving" as they don't want to be taken for granted.

I dont think he'd start on about seeing the situation similarly to liverpool & hoping he can repeat his success if he wasn't planning for the future. That and the fact he says he's planning for the future. Sounds like his relationship with Charnley is alright aswell, I also think he's well positioned to talk to Ashley about finances as the guy is clearly smart and very analytical. It will depend on how open Ashley is to listening, he won't have dealt with someone like Benitez in football yet.

It won't surprise me if Rafa does leave if we get back in to the Prem. I think Ashley messing him about would be the perfect excuse for him to go without any blame being put on his shoulders while showing that he was a success at the project he decided to take part in (getting us back to the Prem). Maybe he felt a little responsible for not being able to save us from relegation previously and he wanted to show that he could rectify the situation, that he is capable at all levels of the game. I will be immensely saddened if Rafa does leave but I won't be surprised.

I see nothing in his demeanour or attitude which would indicate he is not enjoying this project and will want to see it through.

He is however a consummate professional who would give nothing away anyway.

Agree, it seems pretty clear that he really likes it hear and has an affiliation with the fans/area. I think he'll give Ashley every chance to confirm what he originally asked for and demonstrate ambition but if he's dicked around he'll be off for sure. It's almost like he's backing Ashley into a corner to the point where Ashley will be seen as the complete idiotic cunt if he goes back on his word. "I want it, the fans want it.....over to you"

Rafa is doing nothing in those interviews that he didn't do at the end of last season, he has all of the leverage and he's using it.  Rafa has all of the good cards and he's playing them like the pro that he is.

Still can't believe we both attracted Rafa Benitez, then convinced him to stay. He's mostly done a good job, although I'm still worried he'll walk away like Keegan always did. But Rafa's quotes are soaked with love and admiration for the fans and city - he's humbled by it all - and I think that'll play in part in any temptations to quit.

Let's celebrate with an important win today :thup:

Still can't believe we both attracted Rafa Benitez, then convinced him to stay. He's mostly done a good job, although I'm still worried he'll walk away like Keegan always did. But Rafa's quotes are soaked with love and admiration for the fans and city - he's humbled by it all - and I think that'll play in part in any temptations to quit.

Let's celebrate with an important win today :thup:

:anguish:

Should be ashamed of yourself for this guff.