Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

As long as we get promoted, and Ashley gives Rafa proper funds to use, I'm confident he'll stay.

Of course we need investment, but the away form gives me confidence. The way we set up under Rafa away, we are organised and strong.

That type of away form can be winning 1-0, 2-1 against mid-table/relegation teams in Premier League consistently.

Get the job done this season, and as long as Ashley backs Rafa, we'll be doing alreet.

We're never going to be flamboyant, but the discipline has given us solidity and we're scoring enough for this division. Will need mroe creativity next season, but he has given us a ruthlessness and a toughness we lacked completely. No way our 'let them have the ball' huddersfield strat would have worked any time in the previous 4 seasons against any opposition before. We have also ground out results even when playing poorly, we did not have that mentality at all previously.

I agree with a lot of the criticisms of Rafa, he will not let us play super free flowing football but quite frankly I'll start demanding that when we are comfortable in the premier league. I also don't think he is negative like we've had previously though it is disciplined. The only thing that does concern me is liverpool fan at work talking about his mad transfer strategy the longer he was there, the trying to swap alonso for gareth barry being the nadir.

I don't think Rafa is as defensive as some people think, it might not show up on TV but he spends more time encouraging us to go forward that backward.  I think he likes us to keep our shape no matter which direction we're going in but he's not negative.

Show your love everyone!

His win percentage with us is now 59%, within a decimal point of Hughton's. That includes the 10 games with the relegated side last year.

I don't see how the team with the best goal difference by far in the division could be "defensive". They should direct those questions to Huddersfield.

We've craved a manager that will, amongst other things, pin players to the floor and demand respect. I can handle this approach for now; we can deal with mindsets of flamboyant footballers once he's got us into the top 6.

Yes, this is right....who on earth would we get to replace Rafa that is anything like in the same quality as a manager..? Guardiola, Mancini, Mourinho...?? Not a chance and as a club that has often fallen at the last hurdle because of a LACK of a plan and pattern, NUFC need that approach for now. I have had enough losing 4-3 games to last me a lifetime and if Rafa's methods bring success at last, so be it.

Revie's Leeds team on the 60s/70s had an initial reputation of being joyless to watch, mechanical and dirty but they won stuff and eventually became better to watch as well.

Its if Rafa's methods DON'T lead to success that people start asking questions about style of play and we always have to bear in mind that he has Ashley and Penfold to deal with when it comes to signings.....

We're so lucky to have him - I hope he's here until he retires as we will definitely have ended our 2747 year long trophy wait!

The 730BC cup final?  Looked a great day out that, Mick was there iirc, he'll tell you all about it.

We're so lucky to have him - I hope he's here until he retires as we will definitely have ended our 2747 year long trophy wait!

The 730BC cup final?  Looked a great day out that, Mick was there iirc, he'll tell you all about it.

I missed that one, I was still waiting for my lift which hadn't been invented at that time.

The Chronicle web page, its like an old persons laptop with no anti virus or add blocker on it.  Stuff popping up and playing everywhere.

:lol:

You seem to know what you're talking about.

The Chronicle web page, its like an old persons laptop with no anti virus or add blocker on it.  Stuff popping up and playing everywhere.

I'd think such a smug little IT git would be quite able to block that crap.

Smug little IT git ?  Belter  :lol:

Guest neesy111

[emoji38]

A lot of them do stuff to prevent adblockers etc.

[emoji38]

Maybe you two just don't know what you're doing.

[emoji38]

Maybe you two just don't know what you're doing.

Yeah, that's right.  :lol:  I have no idea.

I'm on a Mac and even in Safari the page starts blasting my fans. I avoid that site at all costs, unless I'm on my phone.

:thup:

Its bloody awful.  I'm at work and I'm not installing any devs software on our network that hasn't be tried and tested.  We've had two ransomware attacks in the last year or so.  Caution is the word.

Nah I'm a smug IT wanker. :lol:

I'm on a Mac and even in Safari the page starts blasting my fans. I avoid that site at all costs, unless I'm on my phone.

:thup:

Its bloody awful.  I'm at work and I'm not installing any devs software on our network that hasn't be tried and tested.  We've had two ransomware attacks in the last year or so.  Caution is the word.

Nah I'm a smug IT wanker. :lol:

Doing a bang up job there :lol:

Doing a bang up job there :lol:

:lol: What can you do when the divvies will type their passwords into anything and run anything you send them?

A place I work at phished their own employees to raise infosec awareness, offering free iPads to beta testers or some such. Even after the huge announcement that it had all been a trick, people still kept calling the helpdesk to ask when the site would be back up so they could sign up for an iPad…