Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Can see him and Anita being like Gallacher & Glass end of the 00-01 season. I remember a fair few fans being unhappy when they were released, but they ended the season pretty well, we thanked them for their efforts, then quickly forgot them when Bellamy & Robert were starting in their places at Chelsea.

Genuinely concerned he'll give Gouff a new contract. Gouff seems a decent option to him in the Champo in 3 positions.

I'm really not that arsed. My only concern for the summer window is coming through it with Rafa still here tbqh.

Genuinely concerned he'll give Gouff a new contract. Gouff seems a decent option to him in the Champo in 3 positions.

I'm not concerned by that at all, we're partly where we are in the league because of him, he's contributed to our season and done a job. He wouldn't be my first choice in any position but he rarely let's us down when picked.

I'm not concerned by that at all, we're partly where we are in the league because of him, he's contributed to our season and done a job. He wouldn't be my first choice in any position but he rarely let's us down when picked.

He's not good enough that's all, but if Rafa wants to give him a contract and use him as a utility player, that's up to him. As long as he's not starting games I couldn't give a toss.

We won't be in the Championship next season. Bin him off. Not good enough.

Can see him and Anita being like Gallacher & Glass end of the 00-01 season. I remember a fair few fans being unhappy when they were released, but they ended the season pretty well, we thanked them for their efforts, then quickly forgot them when Bellamy & Robert were starting in their places at Chelsea.

I think we'll give Anita a new contract

Guest neesy111

I'd keep almost anyone except Colback. The only issue is who we add.

We need to get rid of numerous players to free up spaces in the squad.

This.

We won't be in the Championship next season. Bin him off. Not good enough.

I wouldn't mind that, it's hopefully up to Rafa who goes and who stays and I trust him while knowing that even he will probably make mistakes.

This.

Well fair enough, just saying that I think most of our players could do a job as a squad player next season (under Rafa).

This.

Well fair enough, just saying that I think most of our players could do a job as a squad player next season (under Rafa).

Ironic that Gouffran was brought in to save us from relegation under Pardew because our players at the time were considered too shit to manage it without new blood. Now a lot of people wouldn't want him as a squad player. Just goes to show, buying genuine quality takes either big money or a really good eye for a player. At least Rafa seems to know what he wants from his players in their positions, so I'm happy to leave it to him for now.

I'd only be concerned about Gouff being given a new contract if it was basically because Rafa isn't given the funds to bring in someone better. If Rafa thinks he has a role to play and wants to keep him then great, give him a contract

Gouffran will be contribute fuck all in the PL. If Rafa's the manager I know he is and we have the funds we absolutely should have, he'll be out the door and scratching around in the French second tier by August.

My working theory around players like Gouff, Colback, Raylor, etc., is that they're essentially teacher's pets in training and off the field, and once they're in the good graces of a manager, the manager is compelled by loyalty and good behaviour to keep giving them chances.

Edit: why is why I think we may still see Gouff and Colback next year, maybe even regularly in the team, especially if we don't spend and back Rafa.

My working theory around players like Gouff, Colback, Raylor, etc., is that they're essentially teacher's pets in training and off the field, and once they're in the good graces of a manager, the manager is compelled by loyalty and good behaviour to keep giving them chances.

Edit: why is why I think we may still see Gouff and Colback next year, maybe even regularly in the team, especially if we don't spend and back Rafa.

If we don't back Rafa he'll go and the presence of Gouff and Colback will be the least of our concerns.

This is how I feel:

My only concern for the summer window is coming through it with Rafa still here tbqh.