Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

There are actually people who genuinely think we haven't p*ssed the league because of Rafa, rather than we're where we are at all because of Rafa. As far as I'm concerned, and as below the belt and arrogant as it may be, I personally think these people just don't seem to understand football. I find it difficult to come to any other conclusion

Totally agree. It's actually no wonder our fans get a bad name the way some of our lot go on.

We've somehow managed to get Rafa Benitez as our manager IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP yet some dim cunts seem hell-bent on slating him.

Bring back Pardew eh? Fucken tits.

6 subs I think (30 secs each), 1 goal (30 secs), fat git lobbing about the pitch, 2mins I guess. Just seems strange when often 6 subs can be used, physios on regularlt, couple of goals and we get 3 mins.

There are actually people who genuinely think we haven't p*ssed the league because of Rafa, rather than we're where we are at all because of Rafa. As far as I'm concerned, and as below the belt and arrogant as it may be, I personally think these people just don't seem to understand football. I find it difficult to come to any other conclusion

Totally agree. It's actually no wonder our fans get a bad name the way some of our lot go on.

We've somehow managed to get Rafa Benitez as our manager IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP yet some dim c***s seem hell-bent on slating him.

Is anyone slating him ? Some, I'm one, thinks he gets some things wrong. On the other hand some think he is incapable of erring.

The inability to adequately defend a simple, floated ball into the box cost us 2 points, not the ref, not the Lino, not Benitez or the fat cunt pitch invader. If we're looking for culprits then we need to start looking a bit closer to home.

The inability to adequately defend a simple, floated ball into the box cost us 2 points, not the ref, not the Lino, not Benitez or the fat c*** pitch invader. If we're looking for culprits then we need to start looking a bit closer to home.

I think if you read the Lascelles thread, you'll see that most agree with you.

However, the refereeing in this league has been utterly abysmal and is also worthy of discussion.

The same simple, floated ball also cost us 2 points against QPR, which makes it even more frustrating.

The inability to adequately defend a simple, floated ball into the box cost us 2 points, not the ref, not the Lino, not Benitez or the fat c*** pitch invader. If we're looking for culprits then we need to start looking a bit closer to home.

I think if you read the Lascelles thread, you'll see that most agree with you.

However, the refereeing in this league has been utterly abysmal and is also worthy of discussion.

The same simple, floated ball also cost us 2 points against QPR, which makes it even more frustrating.

Simple floated ball also accounts for at least one of Sheff weds goals the other day.

6 subs I think (30 secs each), 1 goal (30 secs), fat git lobbing about the pitch, 2mins I guess. Just seems strange when often 6 subs can be used, physios on regularlt, couple of goals and we get 3 mins.

The bloke on the pitch was in stoppage time.

No idea where the extra 2 mins came from then.

Mitrovic and Shelvey fannying about timewasting taking those 2 or 3 corners , when Shelvey got booked for it would be my guess.

As every week goes by I'm more baffled by some of his decisions, we have the strongest team in the league on paper and we consistently look poor, and when we don't like last night we can't kill teams off and we go negative and concede.

Seems to be more interested in complaining to the fourth official most of the time.

Hope to god he makes better decisions for us as a premier league manager.

We didn't go negative last night, I don't know what you were watching if you think that we did.  We paid for not being able to finish them off but we were at them until the end of the game.

f***ing about near the corner flag is now deemed as "at them"?

Aye because teams winning by a single goal never take it to the corner flag do they? Proper defensive tactics. :lol:

Of course, but call it what it was, a piss poor attempt at "managing" the game out!

We've somehow managed to get Rafa Benitez as our manager IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP yet some dim c***s seem hell-bent on slating him.

Is anyone slating him ? Some, I'm one, thinks he gets some things wrong. On the other hand some think he is incapable of erring.

People losing their shit if any negative words are said against Rafa.  :lol:

Mitrovic and Shelvey fannying about timewasting taking those 2 or 3 corners , when Shelvey got booked for it would be my guess.

That was in stoppage time already.

That was in stoppage time already.

They weren't really time wasting, a Leeds player was starting about a yard away and they couldn't take it. The goal came due to Lascelles making an horrendous decision; we should have been out of sight by then, we should also have had a penalty. For whatever reason added time by referees this season has been a thing of mystery; we've had loads of games where the referee has added on unfathomable amounts of time at the end of a game and we've come a cropper on more than one occasion. The points swing between us and Huddersfield during injury time this season must be well into double figures now.

Nothing wrong with the way we played on Friday, we pushed up and barely gave them a kick after the first 15 minutes. Our football wasn't great, but we kept them under constant pressure but lacked a cutting edge. Even so we should have won it comfortably if it weren't for our defence going to sleep in injury time. What the fuck they were doing once Colback had took the obligatory booking, fuck knows.

Firstly I understand and support Rafa's sticking with a long term plan regarding formations etc, however I think he has royally fucked up his long term prospects because to implement his long term plan he needs full buy in from Ashley and to do that he needed to show short term success.

Whilst I am fully on Rafa's side, Ashley may perceive that:

1. He appears to have failed to win the league

2. He spunked significant transfer funds on a number of players that were either shit (Sels) or rarely featured. Could have signed 1 good first team player with that.

3. Despite the noises made about not sending injury risk players onto the pitch, the fact that the club doctor allowed Aarons and Gayle onto the pitch was a fucking travesty. Our doctor has a more CV and should not be in this role and Rafa should have been more ruthless there.

These recent results could well be the beginning of the end for Rafa, he will probably survive as manager for now, but a Graham Carr influenced 12 months beckons.

Was Sels defo a Rafa buy,  would he really go for a shaky as f*** keeper?  Looks like a Carr pick up with a view to sell on in the futre.  Another nugget.  Carr has previous.

Absolutely spot on mate!

Some of our fans are idiots!

Was Sels defo a Rafa buy,  would he really go for a shaky as f*** keeper?  Looks like a Carr pick up with a view to sell on in the futre.  Another nugget.  Carr has previous.

I think he went for a keeper who'd play the ball out from the back. Obviously backfired.

Im starting to feel that Rafa has done the best he can and has got the best out of a collection of duff to average players.  We're lucky to be where we are in the league.  Again it seems like involvement from upstairs that has curtailed his rebuild and funds being and  made avaible to strengthen in jan.

Ashley is a fool and surounds himself with yes men and idiots.  He never listens to peoole who know what they are talking about.

I think he went for a keeper who'd play the ball out from the back. Obviously backfired.

Ouch.