Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Sels, Gamez and Lazaar were each a gamble of sorts, having never played in England before. Buying Diame wasn't a "mistake" per se. He has experience of playing in the country and in this division, so we kind of knew what we were getting. It made sense to buy him, I just don't think he has performed.

Guest palnese

We could have done will much better than Diame. Hope he's moved on.

Reckon he's on fairly high wages as he left PL football for the CC. Wouldn't be too surprised if we're stuck with him.

Gamez wasn't a mistake, he was brought in to be cover and an older head in an inexperienced dressing room and that is exactly what he's been.

Only been available for selection for 2 months and it has been reported that he failed to learn sufficient English for Rafa to trust him being on the pitch

Guest neesy111

Gamez wasn't a mistake, he was brought in to be cover and an older head in an inexperienced dressing room and that is exactly what he's been.

Only been available for selection for 2 months and it has been reported that he failed to learn sufficient English for Rafa to trust him being on the pitch

I've heard the English issue is a reason we haven't seen him more often.

I think Gamez was signed because we were pre-empting Janmaat leaving but he ended up staying for the first couple of games and we probably didn't think a deal for a player like Yedlin would be likely at that stage of the transfer window

I think Gamez was signed because we were pre-empting Janmaat leaving but he ended up staying for the first couple of games and we probably didn't think a deal for a player like Yedlin would be likely at that stage of the transfer window

I think Rafa always wanted 2 RBs so Gamez was always going to be signed and Yedlin came in to replace Janmaat.

Same on the other side, Dummett plus Lazaar.  Then 4 CBs for 2 positions.

I think Rafa always wanted 2 RBs so Gamez was always going to be signed and Yedlin came in to replace Janmaat.

Same on the other side, Dummett plus Lazaar.  Then 4 CBs for 2 positions.

We've got 3 right backs

I don't think Anita was a trusted option in pre-season for RB.  He started the season in midfield iirc.

He played at right back at the back end of last season under Rafa and did well.

I think more likely we were expecting to sell him given only one year left on his contract but nobody came in with a good enough offer.

Guest neesy111

Gamez was a free transfer as well. Nothing wrong with that transfer tbh.

People keep saying this but im sure he wasn't

I was curious about this, some outlets say he was some he wasn't.