Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

There's not that much wrong TBF we've made three good signings and I'm confident we'll make more, some of the dead wood needs to go but that will happen during the last week of the window when clubs are desperate. I would have prefered us to have our best first team with new players by the Spurs game but like a lot of other teams this wont happen till September.

We've signed 2 players with virtually no experience of top level football and another who did OK in Spain. Stop exaggerating. The summer's been an abject failure so far.

Juxtaposition of those two sentences is interesting.

Was literally thinking that  :lol: :lol:

You might want to start literally thinking about how poor we often looked in the second half of last season, then. While you're at it start thinking about the pace and quality disparity of the two leagues. At this point I'd expect us to have something like the foundations of a PL side to put out. We absolute cannot find a PL Xl from the mess of a squad we have right now. Not even close.

Getting better sad sack

Says who?

Laying the foundations expertly for a well deployed 'told you so' moment after the Spurs match.

At current, I'd say he would keep us up at a stretch. Give him what he wants and needs and the sky is the limit. That's what pisses me off so much about the owner and his cretins he has in key positions because they don't seem to understand just how much of a golden opportunity they have in Rafa.

We won't get a better manager in most of our lifetimes, I'm 33. It's grim as fuck. Say Ashley lasts another 30 years through some kind of zero hour contract cryogenesis company that's able to stop his liver all his bodily organs from killing him, that's another 30 years of damage to the club and the brand. At best, we could end up being a club like Charlton.

Guest chopey

Newcastle United has no history of sustained long term success, we are a one city club that jumps from one crisis to the other. Rafa is the first manager in years that has calmed everyone down and brought the whole thing together, to say that the best we can hope for is to end up like Charlton is the most defeatest, morbid non-geordie thing you could say.

I still think part of the charm of supporting Newcastle is the fact that we will never be like Charlton, the whole point of supporting a team like us is the passion and the fun, to mope about and complain is just not what its about. When Pardew was in charge there was a morbid pleasure in getting beat because you knew he was one step closer to leaving.

I dont know what to expect this season and I'm certinly not one of these "Support the team not the regime" types but it looks like I'm gonna watch a good young team that want to do well for Newcastle been coach by one of the best in the world, we will lose a few games and we will win a few as well so I'm gonna sit back relax and enjoy the ride........................................................until the next crisis.

I agree with that but we should always be trying to compete and improve. That's been the problem in recent times, not that fact we've been shit or had shit managers or players. I don't think anyone would rather be boring like Charlton or whoever, but once your club opts out of the whole spirit of competition there's a big problem.

Rafa is the first manager in years that has calmed everyone down and brought the whole thing together,

want him to stay with us now in the PL for another 5 years (or more), i think we'll be unrecognisable to the last +10 years of absolute shit

obviously the preference would be for ashley to fuck off or get hit by a falling piano or something but if keeping rafa on some cosmic level means ashley stays i'd take it, we got the right manager at the right time imo and we need to exploit it

No surprises, we know he already had his targets earmarked from January where he was fucked over and early in the summer it's the same story. Good job we're starting to move forward but still work to be done.

It's clear things haven't gone exactly to plan, but it seems he has made adjustments and is determined to push forward and move with different targets.

We are so lucky man. Really really appreciate this guy. Seems like he is really fighting to make things happen.