Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I think the main problem that I have here is that even if Rafa's given what he wants and he shows them what investment can do, they'll still never, ever, ever learn from it. My feeling is that Rafa would pretty much have to get us Champions League football from a completely normal budget in order to prove that money needs to be spent.

Look at last season, we now know that Rafa had to fight tooth and nail to get them to sign Ritchie. I don't think anyone would argue that without Ritchie we wouldn't have been promoted last season - and yet here we are, Rafa fought for transfers in the summer, didn't get them in January, he still got us promoted - largely because of one of the signings he fought for -  and we've signed one new player for just under £8m. It's the 17th July.

They're absolutely pathetic, dealing with these people must be an absolute nightmare for anyone with an ounce of integrity.

Completely missed this story. What was it?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-reveals-how-persuaded-12892366

Speaking about his pursuit of the player, Benitez told the Chronicle: “Lee Charnley was phoning me to say the ‘price is that’ and we were not expecting that.

“I was saying ‘please, he is an important player, he has experience, we have to do it we cannot be worrying about a couple of million when we are in this position where we have to get out of this division.’

I will say like, even by Ashley's low standards, this window has been a shitshow so far. Literally f*** all appears to be happening, and the player's we're being linked to don't appear to be those "proven" players we drastically need.

We went 18 months without making a permanent signing when Pardew was here.

I'm in no doubt we will bring the players in to fill the positions Rafa wants fill.

I also think because of past experience there's a lot of putting two and two together and coming up with 5.

Rafa is a pragmatic type of guy. We're newly promoted, do have some money to spend but the target this year is to consolidate. He will know our limitations for this year.

The problem will come once we don't meet his ambitions to improve.

Rafa will of course be trying to get the most money he can so will be playing the game cannily. I might just be being blindly optimistic but Rafa always talks about the project. No way were we going to blow our stack on having a go this year.....

I'm in no doubt we will bring the players in to fill the positions Rafa wants fill.

I also think because of past experience there's a lot of putting two and two together and coming up with 5.

Rafa is a pragmatic type of guy. We're newly promoted, do have some money to spend but the target this year is to consolidate. He will know our limitations for this year.

The problem will come once we don't meet his ambitions to improve.

Rafa will of course be trying to get the most money he can so will be playing the game cannily. I might just be being blindly optimistic but Rafa always talks about the project. No way were we going to blow our stack on having a go this year.....

It's not "blowing our stack". It's spending the TV money on much needed players. It's not like he's having to spend his own money.

Early indications that this may just have worked. Within a few hours we've loaned one out, got another out of the club altogether and look to have just about wrapped up another signing, given he already wants to join us.

Movement.  :aww:

Early indications that this may just have worked. Within a few hours we've loaned one out, got another out of the club altogether and look to have just about wrapped up another signing, given he already wants to join us.

Don't think the two are linked. Just a handy coincidence, I reckon.

I doubt it made any difference to this deal, hopefully will make the others happen faster.

Don't think the two are linked. Just a handy coincidence, I reckon.

Maybe? We'll probably never know really.  :lol:

Just pleased things are finally moving and getting done.

I'm really afraid that any hopes of having a long term Rafa project are vanishing. Even if he eventually gets his way, I don't think he'll have the stomach to deal with these insufferable pricks every transfer window. It's just not worth the headache.

We'll only really know if Rafa is getting his way with a big signing. Jacob is a start but tbh it's in line with the Ashley policy anyway, young player, not a massive fee and potential sell-on bonanza.

I'm really afraid that any hopes of having a long term Rafa project are vanishing. Even if he eventually gets his way, I don't think he'll have the stomach to deal with these insufferable pricks every transfer window. It's just not worth the headache.

According to Liverpool fans, this sort of stuff is common place with Rafa. I'm sure he's had tougher bosses.

He famously walked after disagreeing with Valencia's transfer policy "I asked for a sofa and they brought me a lamp", I'm just afraid he will eventually realize it's not worth aggravating an ulcer just to get transfers done every window.

He famously walked after disagreeing with Valencia's transfer policy "I asked for a sofa and they brought me a lamp", I'm just afraid he will eventually realize it's not worth aggravating an ulcer just to get transfers done every window.

:thup: Will inevitably be a clash of two big ego's with one winner. Our only hope of Rafa staying long term is a change of ownership.

Was this posted?

He seems fine tbh

That's what the mad panic was about?  :lol:

Honestly the agendas of some on here are ludicrous.

Not really, there would be absolutely no need for Rafa to mention Ashley if he was perfectly happy, it was a tactical move from him.

Was this posted?

He seems fine tbh

That's what the mad panic was about?  :lol:

Honestly the agendas of some on here are ludicrous.

Not really, there would be absolutely no need for Rafa to mention Ashley if he was perfectly happy, it was a tactical move from him.

It's a slight nudge not a resignation letter.

The reaction on here was like it was the end of the world. It's like a cult around here, let's see who can be the most grief stricken and who hates everything the most. Can see a few people not making it through this summer, razor blades at the ready, cut down people not across.